DOK Test

Hangingon

We just got a new one today. RAIN. Can't even remember what it is. Is there someone at Corporate whose FT job it is to come with acronyms?

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Or else what?

Our local president has taken a strong stand on this. There's a copy of a letter from him to management stating his opposition to any discipline regarding DOK questions. He even suggests they should be more concerned with gaining volume and protecting jobs.
Great letter!

I could see myself losing my job over DOK or misloads no matter what S.O. says. In a smaller building, probably not. But here in the hub, where so many are UPS'ers and not hardly Teamsters, it becomes more wishy washy. I'd hate to think of the steward that UPS hand picks to represent me or anyone that actually stood up for themselves over a controversial issue.

There drilling us on DOK even threatning us with a warning letter if we dont know it!!!!!!!!! what does a piece of paper have to do with driving a truck?

How is dok going to help you drive a truck? An accident is an accident.......this is another way for the company to
harass it employee's there also using this to bully us and threaten us with warning letters...............in our local teamsters union hand book it says nothing about dok...........management are a bunch of pos...............

Evn though its old there pressuring us now on it? Its bs they can't threaten us with this ..cause in the handbook it does not state anything on it

brownelf

this has been in place for some time here in our center, good or bad like it or not you must make a reasonable attempt to learn it. Consider it like an insurance policy for that time that heaven forbid, you have an issue regardless if it's you're fault or not that knowing it may help you. I personally have seen that using your DOK when decribing the circumstances which resulted in a crash affect whether the crash is charged to the driver or not. It isn't fair, but thats the way it is at least where I'm working. And never EVER refuse to learn it or make a statement stating so, as it will get you discharged and sometimes you don't come back.

trouble maker

Or else what?

Our local president has taken a strong stand on this. There's a copy of a letter from him to management stating his opposition to any discipline regarding DOK questions. He even suggests they should be more concerned with gaining volume and protecting jobs.
Great letter!

+1 over. I never did well on tests in school, that's why I'm a truck driver.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
If you fail the test, oh well. Most of the drivers here do it so they're able to come 20-30 minutes before start time, clock in and go threw with a review. Easy money, they fail on purpose.

thessalonian13

this has been in place for some time here in our center, good or bad like it or not you must make a reasonable attempt to learn it. Consider it like an insurance policy for that time that heaven forbid, you have an issue regardless if it's you're fault or not that knowing it may help you. I personally have seen that using your DOK when decribing the circumstances which resulted in a crash affect whether the crash is charged to the driver or not. It isn't fair, but thats the way it is at least where I'm working. And never EVER refuse to learn it or make a statement stating so, as it will get you discharged and sometimes you don't come back.
They can't discharge you for not knowing the DOK crap. Neither can they say it was because you didn't know the DOK was the reason you got into an accident or got hurt and fire you for that. It's not in our contract. A good lawyer specializing in wrongful termination cases would have a field day with this.