Domestic Terrorists......BLM, Antifa, Liberal Democrats, Squad....greatest threat to the USA.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
What a pathetic response. You simply have zero alternative investment product whereby deposits are insured.
Why do you need it to be insured?
What the hell are you so afraid of?

Let me guess, this all goes back to your family member who died poor in a government home. FFS, you need to deal with that.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
What a pathetic response. You simply have zero alternative investment product whereby deposits are insured.
Is it insured against the Federal government reducing benefits to remain solvent?
Is it insured against the Federal government expanding benefits to force it into insolvency?
Is it insured against the Federal government taxing even more of the benefits?

bacha29

Is it insured against the Federal government reducing benefits to remain solvent?
Is it insured against the Federal government expanding benefits to force it into insolvency?
Is it insured against the Federal government taxing even more of the benefits?
Compared to the ALTERNATIVE you have to offer? And what might that alternative be?

bacha29

Do you know what the average return is for the s&p500
Yes, and I know that this AM the S&P is DOWN 1.5%. Which again confirms the fact that S&P investments are not insured and can lose money . A lesson the nation learned the hard way in 2008. In the meantime I'm waiting for you to identify for me the investment vehicles that offer insured and guaranteed returns.

upschuck

Yes, and I know that this AM the S&P is DOWN 1.5%. Which again confirms the fact that S&P investments are not insured and can lose money . A lesson the nation learned the hard way in 2008. In the meantime I'm waiting for you to identify for me the investment vehicles that offer insured and guaranteed returns.
CDs and annuities, to name 2.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Wdfd
There are simple ways to mitigate sequence of return risk. Maybe you should take a finance class at your local community college.

bacha29

There are simple ways to mitigate sequence of return risk. Maybe you should take a finance class at your local community college.
Still deflecting I see. You simply have no alternative investment vehicle that insures deposits or offers a guaranteed return.
Oh, and btw. I think I did ok . I scrapped together $500 and over time managed to turn it into a 1 million dollar retirement portfolio.
But then again, little of it is guaranteed which in turn brings it all right back to the same fact that only FDIC deposits are guaranteed and Social Security for the time being is the only guaranteed monthly retirement income.

bacha29

Social security is guaranteed "for the time being".
What a great guarantee!
Lol, you so silly.
Social Security 2100 is slowly making it's way through the halls of Congress. it's not going anywhere. So while right wing media has given you plenty of other conspiracy theories to fret over the future of Social Security isn't one of them.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
So while right wing media has given you plenty of other conspiracy theories to fret over the future of Social Security isn't one of them.
I like how when your arguments fall apart under the weight of your financial illiteracy you simply deflect to the "conspiracy theories" narrative your left wing media masters have sold to you.

You radical far left wingers are so silly!

vantexan

Social Security 2100 is slowly making it's way through the halls of Congress. it's not going anywhere. So while right wing media has given you plenty of other conspiracy theories to fret over the future of Social Security isn't one of them.
I saw a solution recently put forth by a conservative think tank. They would slowly take away the top two "bend points" in the SS formula over the next 30 years until everyone would receive the first bend point. In today's dollars about $1130 if I remember right. That would go up over time with inflation. The point made was SS was never meant to be a retirement plan but insurance against poverty for seniors. Today's workers knowing exactly what they would get would have to participate in 401k's and other vehicles to insure an adequate retirement. Said SS would be fixed immediately if that was implemented. And under that plan today's retirees wouldn't be affected at all.

Poop Head

Judge me.
I cant stop wondering why a cobbler would have a monkey and a weasel in his shop. I guess the monkey could be gimmic to get people in the door? Maybe you could teach it to shine shoes? Idk.. But wtf was he doing with the weasel!?!?