Don't put yourself in this situation.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
The driver in question is my daughter's age and I took him under my wing when he first started. He knew that he had :censored2:ed up and didn't need me to say anything.
You took another driver under your wing?

Please tell me you didn't teach him how to falsify records like you?

I'm sure you showed him how to cross the street....

Orion inc.

I like turtles
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1465339173.752369.jpg

Sorry but the posts that come from your fingers in this thread upstate is the biggest bunch of diarrhea I have ever read on this forum. Maybe you should call Syracuse and DEMAND to be your center's manager immediately. :censored2:BAG

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Still nothing at the pcm.
I brought it to the attention of another sup, who knew nothing of it. We had to talk about important stuff like dog bites, and hanging limbs from the storm.

It was 630, I had about 8 stops left. I go to a house next to a house where 4 kids are out on the sidewalk. 2 on razers, 1 boy holding a cat and one just watching the truck. The one girl came up and started garbling something. The other girl says shes trying to hum you a song but she doesnt know how. Followed me to the door, the neighbor yelled at them to get out of her yard. I would say they were 5 or 6 the boy might have been seven. The one still just watching me probaly the youngest.

When I came down off the porch, 3 of them are under my truck, trying to get 5 kittens. The hair literally stood up on the back of my neck. I told them never ever get under a parked vehicle for any reason, unless your momma and daddy are there. Got the cats, scooted the whole gang up on their porch and told them to stay there until I leave.

Kept looking back for the responsible adult, to come out and ask what was going on, thought it would be a teachable moment. No one came out, I drove away. I kept thinking, what if it had been dark, what if, what if. Scary out there brothers and sisters. Very scary.

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
I brought it to the attention of another sup, who knew nothing of it. We had to talk about important stuff like dog bites, and hanging limbs from the storm.

It was 630, I had about 8 stops left. I go to a house next to a house where 4 kids are out on the sidewalk. 2 on razers, 1 boy holding a cat and one just watching the truck. The one girl came up and started garbling something. The other girl says shes trying to hum you a song but she doesnt know how. Followed me to the door, the neighbor yelled at them to get out of her yard. I would say they were 5 or 6 the boy might have been seven. The one still just watching me probaly the youngest.

When I came down off the porch, 3 of them are under my truck, trying to get 5 kittens. The hair literally stood up on the back of my neck. I told them never ever get under a parked vehicle for any reason, unless your momma and daddy are there. Got the cats, scooted the whole gang up on their porch and told them to stay there until I leave.

Kept looking back for the responsible adult, to come out and ask what was going on, thought it would be a teachable moment. No one came out, I drove away. I kept thinking, what if it had been dark, what if, what if. Scary out there brothers and sisters. Very scary.

Thank God, you were there,..... and not some runner gunner

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer

wow!

one thing about the BC. It helps remind you , with these stories, to stay aware 24/7. of course we were trained that way but the littlest distraction could be fatal. It's really amazing that we have/had to be as perfect as possible 100% of the time.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
wow!

one thing about the BC. It helps remind you , with these stories, to stay aware 24/7. of course we were trained that way but the littlest distraction could be fatal. It's really amazing that we have/had to be as perfect as possible 100% of the time.

Yup. Instead of discussing things like @toonertoo shared, we get demonstrations at the PCM on how to lift and lower. You know, just in case we forgot how to do it after having done it only 300 times the day before.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
wow!

You never drove for ups. It's really evident in the things you say in your posts.

It's very disrespectful to others that do this job every day and do it well.

Foamer Pyle

The contract doesn't specify an exact length of time to call it in. Maybe he didn't have his phone and took that long to get to a phone? 45 minutes seems to fall in a gray area. Soon but not immediate. I would expect that driver to get his job back.
I believe the contract does specify. We have always been told that you have until the end of the business day to report it.