Don't Work Harder Because It Is Peak

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily
It's obvious you are more skilled at the driver job then any other human on Earth. I'm jealous.
I wrote that some new guy needed help a bunch of days on a route that I was able to do everyday with no help. You interpret that as me thinking I'm the most skilled driver on the planet?? You need to work on your reading comprehension.

Jondlc

After your 3 days with a sup, you're pretty much on your own. The company only cares about getting packages delivered during peak. Your chances of being kept on after peak are rather slim since you're an off the street hire. But you might get lucky. Just work at a steady pace, don't complain once you start getting slammed after Thanksgiving, don't get hurt on the job or have an accident.

Man, itll really suck if they let me go after peak and dont bring me back. I was told before I applied and during orientation that I was hired as a full time driver and not just seasonal, so if they told me that just to sell me empty promises to keep me during peak, thats really :censored2:ed up.

cardboard-surfer

Every PC should have a 4 inch tall stack of grievance forms ready for filing every time a sup goes out as helper. PT sup delivers package, stop everything, file union-job grievance. Sup doesn't use 3 points of contact, stop everything, file 2 grievances, one for management doing union work, one for safety violation. Local management and Atlanta should be buried in a tidal wave of grievance forms by January.

The only reason I'm bitter is because for 6 weeks out of the year management is all, "We're all in this together". Then the week after new years it goes back to, "One misload (either loaded or delivered)? Write-up. 2 points of contact? Safety violation write-up. Working here for 10 years, never late, 10 seconds late today because of a car fire on the only main road here? Walk em out of the building."

I'll never go above and beyond...they don't care.

Keenj

Man, itll really suck if they let me go after peak and dont bring me back. I was told before I applied and during orientation that I was hired as a full time driver and not just seasonal, so if they told me that just to sell me empty promises to keep me during peak, thats really :censored2:ed up.

Are you qualifying?

Fnix

After Hurricane Matthew here in FL our building had helpers on the road as well as on roads out with drivers sorting trucks all day while drivers delivered. What do you think of this? All hourlies were asked and we were still short. I was actually glad I had a sup with me that day.

Dr.Brownz

I wrote that some new guy needed help a bunch of days on a route that I was able to do everyday with no help. You interpret that as me thinking I'm the most skilled driver on the planet?? You need to work on your reading comprehension.

Better not retire! By the sounds of it you are the companies biggest assest! Im sure share price will plummet that day

El Correcto

god is dead
Had a manager tell me other drivers were getting upset that they had to keep bailing me out and that I need to turn it up. Lol.
giphy.gif

dont send them then. See you in 14 hours with your pick up volume and missed packages.

Dr.Brownz

Has anyone ever tried to get fired for something stupid right before peak? Something that you know you would get your job back for I mean? Seems like someone must have tried that at some point.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Has anyone ever tried to get fired for something stupid right before peak? Something that you know you would get your job back for I mean? Seems like someone must have tried that at some point.

That would be almost as bad as taking FMLA during Peak to "play Daddy" with your 11 month old "newborn".