DOT Hours of service change.

quad decade guy

It's not punitive at all. It's reality. My customers on my route love me. I rarely if ever miss a package and I don't have service failures if I can help it. However when the company piles on more work than physically possible, blowing out a 1000 just because they can, SERVICE WILL SUFFER. Period. There WILL be late air, missed pieces, etc. These are the facts of life. Especially on rural/split routes where a missed pkg found later in the day can be up to 20 minutes or more away. I remember when there was at least a semblance of caring about the customer at UPS. Those days are long gone. So please, get off your high horse and realize that the suits that sit behind computers and load us up like rented mules run off many more customers than a driver ever could.
God's gift. I did have a critical NDA Meds for a sick little boy(every day). It got delivered. Keep showing em. Keeping on my high horse has served me well.

Seymour Packages

God's gift. I did have a critical NDA Meds for a sick little boy(every day). It got delivered. Keep showing em. Keeping on my high horse has served me well.
UPS thanks you for your service the same way it thanks me: via direct deposit every week. I sleep well at night, I'm sure you do too. Enjoy the rest of your weekend, superstar.

Oldtrucker

So when they say adverse driving conditions are they meaning weather? So if its snowing out they can tack on 2 more hours of driving on top of 14 hours?
The time only permits you to get to a safe place. I have been stuck sitting in a snow storm with a accident shutting the highway down ahead, when my 14 ran out I was allowed to drive to the next safe place to take my break, upto 2 hours to reach your safe haven. Not an extra 2 hours to add on to your day on a regular basis.