Double bonuses?

PT Car Washer

The 1982 National contract was the beginning of when part-timers were screwed over at $8.00 an hour.
$8/hr for a PT job with full benefits after 90 days was still a great job. Just like an Art 22.4 FT job at $30/hr sounds like a great job with the opportunity to make $40/hr in a few years.

rod

Retired 22 years
UPS drivers did not make anymore then other Union jobs or non Union jobs back in the day. The only way they made more was all the OT but combined with the working conditions a lot of PT never wanted to drive. The ones that did want to drive did not have any other skills.
Fake news. I made over twice an hour what my wife made as a union State Employee in 1971. She was at $3.25 an hour and I made $6.75. Ten bucks an hour between the 2 of us and we lived like royalty.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I think I made $7.41/hr when I started. That was great money for PT back in 1976. When I got paid back then, I'd just throw my paycheck on top of the fridge and cash one when I needed it.

PT Car Washer

Fake news. I made over twice an hour what my wife made as a union State Employee in 1971. She was at $3.25 an hour and I made $6.75. Ten bucks an hour between the 2 of us and we lived like royalty.
Most city and state workers did not earn as much as private industry. Which is why they have really good pensions and benefits. Deferred compensation. Not so much true today with minimum wage at $7/hr.

thecamel

Waiting to put the re in front of tired
Loading and unloading packages isn't worth 20 bucks an hour.
It is unskilled labor that can be done by monkeys and robots

That's why most hubs and our building especially look like the freaking circus or a zoo. Too many monkeys not giving any kind of :censored2: about their job, even at $13.

Superteeth2478

UPS has given bonuses for trying to retain employees for PT ranks. They can take away these bonuses anytime they feel like because they're not contractually obligated to do so, sounds like your coworkers came up on the short stick this week.
This is what I always have to tell people who don't get their bonus...it's something they don't have to do, and that I can't force the company to give it to them, but I can try.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Lol, GenSnow can't get to work every day.

Why not pay the bonus per hour and fire the dead weight that can't get to work?

polyp

That's why most hubs and our building especially look like the freaking circus or a zoo. Too many monkeys not giving any kind of :censored2: about their job, even at $13.

Watching management lose control over our hub in the last decade has been a treat.