double sort days

Nolimitz

Had a late flight yesterday for some reason?? We sorted 1st plane and launched rtes. Had to return at 10:50 to do 2nd sort and a few had to shuttle to out lying rtes. This is the 2nd time this has occurred in about 45 days. What a PIA... does this happen often at ur locations?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Had a late flight yesterday for some reason?? We sorted 1st plane and launched rtes. Had to return at 10:50 to do 2nd sort and a few had to shuttle to out lying rtes. This is the 2nd time this has occurred in about 45 days. What a PIA... does this happen often at ur locations?

This is a pretty regular occurrence at peak. You must be new.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Yes, very common...especially during peak. You are, however, expected to get everything delivered.

whenIgetthere

We've been doing this for awhile, not alot, but about 3 or 4 times since January. Here, the only routes launched are the intown routes, extended routes can go on break, do training or if wanted, work will be found for those that don't want to go on break.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Not sure where you are, but we had a late flight. Mechanical failure. I had my stuff shuttled to me.

We used to have it shuttled out too, which makes way too much sense, so now they bring everyone back but the extended routes so the second sort goes more quickly. Here's how it usually works.

They base the return to building for Sort #2 time on an ETA for the CTV, which is invariably WRONG. So we come-back and sit for a half hour, waiting on the truck. Of course, they want you to go on-break, and perhaps have made a run to McDonald's to encourage you to go 13/14. When the CTV arrives, guess what!! There is an adhoc CTV that is following with even more freight, and it won't even be there for 15 mins after Sort #2 goes down.

Maybe, just maybe, most of us should have been allowed to stay out there and actually deliver something? We finally get back on-road at around 1100 or so. Any of this sound familiar?

In fact, I'm going to be headed back in about 30 mins for more fun, just as described above.