Double Trip

Johney

I cover two routes in our building that are responsible to bring air pups back to the center to make the flight. Our air has to be in at 1430. Both routes have more work after the air is brought in. We always record this as a double trip.
Alaska or not isn't that a tad early for air to be in?

calcio56

Sounds like industrial Sabatoge. You were purposefully and knowlingly entering information with the intent to manipulate operational reports.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

Not really. Figure it's a 6 hour flight from Ancourage-Louisville and with the time change, you'd need the aircraft to be off the ground by 3-4 local time in order to make the sort in Louisville.

oldngray

nowhere special
Not really. Figure it's a 6 hour flight from Ancourage-Louisville and with the time change, you'd need the aircraft to be off the ground by 3-4 local time in order to make the sort in Louisville.

Do they have 2 flights? With the second wave of packages picked up after the cut off time getting delayed a day? Or do they just hold those packages to send to Louisville the next day?

F

FrigidAdCorrector

Do they have 2 flights? With the second wave of packages picked up after the cut off time getting delayed a day? Or do they just hold those packages to send to Louisville the next day?
I have no idea. I would assume they would just hold them and tender them late. I just pulled up all the UPS flights from Ancourage-Louisville and they have 5 flights that leave between 1430-1530 local. But keep in mind a lot of that is probably stuff from China/Japan/Korea.

I have a feeling people in Alaska are used to weird stuff like this.

Johney

So every pick-up in Alaska has to have airs done by what 13:00? Not likely.

wayfair

swollen member

during the week,M-Thurs, our air has to be in by 8pm, Fridays by 7pm.

There are a few drivers that occasionally have to double trip to get their air in on time if there are no drivers for an air meet.