DQ’d On Day 24

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
The company has been going hard after drivers who had stuff "dissapear" from their cars. In reality: The preloader scanned something and then immediately lost it. LIB.

Or it was misloaded regardless.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Hey all,
Got DQ’d. Running a consistent 30 minutes over, and was accused of stuffing packages that were nowhere to be found in my car. This was probably those most financially straining time due to not working for weeks at a time. I was offered a spot on preload or to be a driver helper on peak. My issue is if I do go into qualification again I have no idea how I’m going to pay the bills. And if I preload that’s sure not going to pay the bills. What do you guys think? Stick it out of GTFO? The regional sup has a target painted on my back and will do everything in his power to derail qualification. I don’t know what the guy has against me but seems like every living soul in that hub, inculding the driver sup hates the dudes guts. Part of me was halfway relieved that this happened, I can actually get a steady job again, with steady paychecks and no more calling every single morning asking whether or not I’m working. Have any of you folks gone through something like this? What’d you do? Thanks!
just quit

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Did my Gen Ed’s then I thought I wanted something else, tried UPS, didn’t like it so back to school I go
I thought you had to be quite intelligent to go to medical school. Reading your posts makes me think you might struggle a bit if that is what you try to pursue.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
grill n chill, folks. Literally, lots of time. :/
dairy-queen--e1509836378489.jpg

Mr.Blonde

Only way outs inna box
They can DQ a driver for anything they want.... they don't need a reason.

Don't they have to give you a fair shot? One thing if you are off the street but If you’re in the union they have to give you a fair chance. Not saying that applies to the OP. He could be harboring packages for all we know.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Don't they have to give you a fair shot? One thing if you are off the street but If you’re in the union they have to give you a fair chance. Not saying that applies to the OP. He could be harboring packages for all we know.

Why should an off the street hire not receive the same consideration as someone who is already in the union?

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
I’m off the street ,, I got a fair shot , arnt we all off the street at some point !

542thruNthru

No,, so was your mom a preloader or a Twi worker who gave birth to you during the sort ??

My mom was a irreg driver. My father was a porter. She gave birth to me in the mechanics shop. The Local BA was there to assist. I was wrapped in a DR bag and handed to my mother who had to sign the load sheet to confirm I was hers. Afterwards my father had to clean up the after birth.

Then I was put in a UPS tote and carted around with all the irregs till I was old enough to walk... the rest of course is on the UPS wikipedia page if you're interested. ;)

Last edited:

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
My mom was a irreg driver. My father was a porter. She gave birth to me in the mechanics shop. The Local BA was there to assist. I was wrapped in a DR bag and handed to my mother who had to sign the load sheet to confirm I was hers. Afterwards my father had to clean up the after birth.

Then I was put in a UPS tote and carted around with all the irregs till I was old enough to walk... the rest of course is on the UPS wikipedia page if you're interested. ;)
Love it !!!! Lol lol

Mr.Blonde

Only way outs inna box
Why should an off the street hire not receive the same consideration as someone who is already in the union?

The difference im getting at is grievances. Ive heard of people at my center get pushed through because they didn’t get a fair shot. People that honestly shouldn’t be driving or even working at ups just because they methodically go slow and hinder other peoples lives. They are in the union and the union fought for them because they didn’t get a fair chance.