Dr. Klein's healthcare thread

klein

Für Meno :)
Re: Abortion

Gee, have you ever looked at the Mexico rules for citizenship ???? How about Canada's?

That's how Romney got lucky, he dad was born in Mexico, yet didn't quailfy for being a Mexican citizen, because he was born by US parents living there.
Anybody born in Canada, on Canada's sea water, or even in Canada's airpace is entitled to Canadian Citizenship.

klein

Watch the "Your $$$$$$" show on CNN today at 3pm mst (in apprx 3 hrs), a short segment in it, on how much they praise Canada for having it's debt in order, better education then the US, and good quaility heathcare for all.
It's on CNN !

moreluck

golden ticket member

Watch the "Your $$$$$$" show on CNN today at 3pm mst (in apprx 3 hrs), a short segment in it, on how much they praise Canada for having it's debt in order, better education then the US, and good quaility heathcare for all.
It's on CNN !
I don't watch CNN unless Piers Morgan has somebody good on.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Watch the "Your $$$$$$" show on CNN today at 3pm mst (in apprx 3 hrs), a short segment in it, on how much they praise Canada for having it's debt in order, better education then the US, and good quaility heathcare for all. It's on CNN !

I have watched "Your Money" on many occasions (what's up with Ali's glasses---they look like women's glasses) but today is Playoff Sunday.

klein

I watched it yesterday, they repeat the same show again on Sundays.

Basically, Ali starts out that the "American dream" is easier to archieve in Europe and Canada now, and these countries have now surpassed the US.
The guests however don't agree on Europe being better, but they all agree Canada is doing so well, and they mention the factors what Canada is doing so well in (Education, jobs, banking system, debt, great healthcare (free for all), strong politicians and more, I think).

moreluck

golden ticket member

Basically, Ali starts out that the "American dream" is easier to archieve in Europe and Canada now, and these countries have now surpassed the US.
The guests however don't agree on Europe being better, but they all agree Canada is doing so well, and they mention the factors what Canada is doing so well in (Education, jobs, banking system, debt, great healthcare (free for all), strong politicians and more, I think).
What about the American beach boy dream? "If everybody had an ocean across the USA....." Beach type people don't do snow, so there's no American dream in Canada only in America.....
(at the 44 second mark...
West Side Story - America - YouTube

klein

Well, a 12, 13, or 14 yr old pregnant girl with unsupporting parents will definitly fall behind in school.
And yes, there are some career minded women that mistakenly get prego (1 night stand or 2) at decide for an abortion.

I dated 2 of those kind of women myself. I don't hold that up against them. It was their decision and it was before I ever got to meet them.
These days if you are in the middle of getting a college degree, and you get pregnant, you'll probably lose another $10 K easily missing a semester, or even worse, dropping out for good.

You think the government will grant extra student loans because of pregnancy, I doubt it ! Even if they would, it would still be very difficult to finish college or university on time and with good grades.

P

pickup

So ,Canada is a country where it is easy to succeed, huh?, then what is your excuse???

klein

So ,Canada is a country where it is easy to succeed, huh?, then what is your excuse???

I think I have succeeded for what I accomplished in the past 22 years I lived here.
I own a house worth apprx $350.000 outright, and sofar had enough spare money to take 3 years off work.
Plus I built up a roughly $4000 pension for myself once I turn 65 years of age.

I'll go back to work this spring, earn some more money and put some more away. Simple as that :)

P

pickup

I think I have succeeded for what I accomplished in the past 22 years I lived here.
I own a house worth apprx $350.000 outright, and sofar had enough spare money to take 3 years off work.

I'll go back to work this spring, earn some more money and put some more away. Simple as that :)

"take 3 years off from work" - your words , not mine. The statement implies that you don't consider the hot dog cart as work. The statement also implies that this 3 year off thing was a planned thing which we both know it wasn't.

klein

Hotdog is work ! Up to 22 hrs per day.
But working for yourself is totally different then to work for others. Plus I had tons of fun doing it.
I even worked 3 weeks for Safety Watch in a coal burning electric power plant. I'm hoping they will select me to work for them again this early Spring.

But, as full time work goes, no haven't had any. And if I was still fulltime employed as 3 years ago, I'ld only have 6 years left to wait for retirement. That's gone now. But, it's ok.
Esspecially now, seeing how hard my niece worked, being a radio-technologist, earning the big bucks. She travelled the world, had the best life, then suddenly gets diagnosed with stage 4 cancer (she was at the outdoor rock concert with us last July) !, - now she's gone.

She had her house totally paid off, along with a big 4x4 truck and a new Mini cooper ,, also all paid off.
Gone at the age of 35 :( (probably with a total wealth of $500K or more).

So, you just don't know when it will hit you, and maybe I got lucky in a way, got to travel myself before the end hits myself ?
Everything happens for a reason, so some say.

moreluck

golden ticket member

Well, a 12, 13, or 14 yr old pregnant girl with unsupporting parents will definitly fall behind in school.
And yes, there are some career minded women that mistakenly get prego (1 night stand or 2) at decide for an abortion.

I dated 2 of those kind of women myself. I don't hold that up against them. It was their decision and it was before I ever got to meet them.
These days if you are in the middle of getting a college degree, and you get pregnant, you'll probably lose another $10 K easily missing a semester, or even worse, dropping out for good.

You think the government will grant extra student loans because of pregnancy, I doubt it ! Even if they would, it would still be very difficult to finish college or university on time and with good grades.
They don't have the "morning after" pill in Canada?

moreluck

golden ticket member
It's really misiformation about the high school aged girls. They continue on in school with no interruptions. You're talking like it's the 60's when they used to send them to unwed mothers homes.

moreluck

golden ticket member

$4000 is one housepayment and one car payment !!! Now what?

moreluck

golden ticket member

You act like pregnancy is a disease. You probably stay off your feet longer with a cold than a woman who just pushed a watermelon out of her vagina!!!
It's a pretty quick turnaround today!!

klein

You act like pregnancy is a disease. You probably stay off your feet longer with a cold than a woman who just pushed a watermelon out of her vagina!!!
It's a pretty quick turnaround today!!

No mOreluck, most students these days are full-time students with part time jobs, - I suppose they have the time to be full time moms as well at the same time !

Doas Harford have a daycare program in place yet, and do they allow babies to stay with their young moms in the doms ?

moreluck

golden ticket member

No mOreluck, most students these days are full-time students with part time jobs, - I suppose they have the time to be full time moms as well at the same time !

Doas Harford have a daycare program in place yet, and do they allow babies to stay with their young moms in the doms ?
What do you mean, NO?? Full time studenst have babies and miss less school than you. Either grandma helps out watching the kid and some schools actually have daycare centers....did you even know that? And, if babies are put up for adoption, then that's not a problem for them.

It's like you're living in the time when I was a teenager. You know, this is 2012, right?