Dr. Klein's healthcare thread

klein

Für Meno :)
You know it's 2012, right ? That's an exact answer a young pregant woman that wants an abortion would say today !

moreluck

golden ticket member
It's like having stationary......it's not necessary anymore.

There are many ways for prevention and even a way for an oops.....and adoption for another way.

satellitedriver

Re: Abortion

I think I have succeeded for what I accomplished in the past 22 years I lived here.
I own a house worth apprx $350.000 outright, and sofar had enough spare money to take 3 years off work.
Plus I built up a roughly $4000 pension for myself once I turn 65 years of age.

I'll go back to work this spring, earn some more money and put some more away. Simple as that :)
You have a condo, not a house.
Your spare money is all the money you have,-(yep,I know the rough amount)-
15yrs from now, $4,000 a month will be a paupers wage.
Fiddle away your summers, Grasshopper.
I hope there is an Ant that will take you in on that cold winter that is coming.
Yes, the future is that simple.

klein

To make it right, it's a townhouse, with 1584sqf, not counting the apprx 1000 sqf basement nor the double attached garage. Has 3 bathrooms, 3 bedrooms.
16 feet high cathedral ceiling.

Anyways, pensions are inflation adjusted. I guess they might not do that in America ?????!!!!

Just like your current tax cuts, taking funding away from SS to give tax cuts.
Canada did the opposite last January, we all got a tax hike to pay more into Canada Pension Plan.

btw, bought this townhouse almost brand new (2 years old) in 2005 for $198.000 (back then probably $130.000 US dollars).
3 years ago the smaller 1260 sqf unit sold for $375 K !
Today it's more realistic, not because of a housing slump like in the US, but because this city just stopped booming once the price of oil fell.
People were paying rediculously over the value.
I could have gotten back then an easy $425 for mine. Now, I'll be happy with $350-$375K. But, I'm not selling until I fully retire and move away anyways.
Besides, 2 new pipelines are probably being built soon out of Edmonton (Keystone to Texas and Enbridge to the west coast - for Asian markets).
The local news has already reported that a big labour shortage will begin in Alberta again, very soon.

I'm looking forward to that - nice high paying, over quailfied jobs that people wouldn't normally get, are suddenly open to almost anyone that just wants to give it a try.
That's nothing new to Albertans. That cycle keeps repeating itself, over and over, again.

I'm looking forward to that - nice high paying, over quailfied jobs that people wouldn't normally get, are suddenly open to almost anyone that just wants to give it a try.

And you'll be standing at the gates of the plant trying to sell hotdogs to the real workers as they arrive.

klein

And you'll be standing at the gates of the plant trying to sell hotdogs to the real workers as they arrive.

Hey, my brother just recently talked to his former business partner that has his compnay located in an Industrial area of the city.
We are more then welcome to set up a stand infront of his building, he'll even give us free electricity, too.

The coffee sales alone (mornings before work, during first coffee breaks, lunch breaks, and last coffee breaks), should earn atleast $400 net.
Now, just add some homemade fries, hot dogs, burgers and soups and sandwiches to it, it's atleast $1500 a day net, plus pop and water.
The day ends after the last coffee breaks (no later then 3pm).

But, for that, I (we'll), need a mobile food truck, another $40.000 investment. That's our next goal and see if it's feasable.

klein

Klein, we call them "roach coaches" down here. You can make a pretty good living if you find a good location.

Nope, not talking about one of those that drive to 1 place to another all day long.
Talking more of a stable standing food truck, that would be located just at 1 place (inside the industrial park), making fresh hamburgers and dogs, fresh french fries, etc.
People from the surrounding businesses come to me, not me to them.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Nope, not talking about one of those that drive to 1 place to another all day long.
Talking more of a stable standing food truck, that would be located just at 1 place (inside the industrial park), making fresh hamburgers and dogs, fresh french fries, etc.
People from the surrounding businesses come to me, not me to them

If you don't move it, that's your business, but it's still a roach coach!!

klein

Ok, I thought road coaches were only those trucks that have hot holding units in them, and only deliver hot pre-packaged foods and snacks.

P

pickup

Ok, I thought road coaches were only those trucks that have hot holding units in them, and only deliver hot pre-packaged foods and snacks.

It doesn't matter. If you pay the same amount of attention to the cleanliness of the truck as you do to the accuracy of the information in your posts, I can assure you , it will be a Roach coach.

satellitedriver

Maybe, you should learn about the business, before you count your chickens.
Most roach coaches do have hot warm pre-prepared food, for a very good reason,
Time.
When I was a factory worker we were only allowed 30 minutes for lunch.
I would be in line, with 50 other workers, at one of the several-( read as klein will not be the only concession stand there)- roach coach's. None of us had the time waiting for a fresh cooked burger.
No self contained unit could crank out 50 to 100 burgers in 30 minutes.
That is the story of when I was a customer.
Here is the story of when I was the one making the burgers.
At 12yrs old, I worked at Burger Chef.-( drive in burger joint)- A local "jobber"-( independent roach coach operator)- would call in his burger order of anywhere from 50 to 200 burgers at 8:30am to be picked up at 10:30. He sold them all by 2:00pm.
Hotdogs always have to be pre-cooked.
klein, you are looking at the numbers and not the reality.

klein

Re: Bush torture case proceeding

Stephen Harper would welcome Bush with open arms and thank him for all the ideas that Anti-Christ Harper is now implementing in Canada.

I hope you're right - then we'll be getting some great tax cuts here soon, and some form of Medicare part B, more freebies.
And intead of starting 2 wars like Bush did, Harper can just hand us over $50.000 each (or the roughly amount of cost what US citizens paid - still have yet to pay)