DR Large items in rain

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
What is company policy with large stuff in the rain? Bags won't fit and we have to dump it. Oh well, one really wet mattress.

BrownDog5117

We even have big DR bags.... if your package doesn't fit in one of those... then oh well... I'll really do my best to find a dry spot, but I'm not bringing it back to the building as missed because it's raining out.

BrownDog5117

Oh... and I'm also not spending 10 minutes ripping and taping DR bags together to cover the whole thing...

*Something I've heard of people doing*

Wally

Can't rip n' tape because we start too late, are over dispatched, and management harasses about numbers.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
NI1... customer is :censored2: either way.
Yeah I am sure all customers get enraged over a NI1. Customer Counter, Access Point, My Choice, get it the next day, or their stuff ruined. Which do you think would make them the most upset?
Where do they find you guys who care so little about your customers and doing a competent job.

BrownDog5117

Yeah I am sure all customers get enraged over a NI1. Customer Counter, Access Point, My Choice, get it the next day, or their stuff ruined. Which do you think would make them the most upset?
Where do they find you guys who care so little about your customers and doing a competent job.

You enjoy your bulk on your truck the following day. I bag everything on rainy days and leave bulk pkgs out of weather if possible. I'm not going to NI1 your grill or Pottery Barn chair set because it's raining and you don't have an overhang, porch, or sunroom. Too bad.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
You enjoy your bulk on your truck the following day. I bag everything on rainy days and leave bulk pkgs out of weather if possible. I'm not going to NI1 your grill or Pottery Barn chair set because it's raining and you don't have an overhang, porch, or sunroom. Too bad.
It's called a package car. You sure you even work here bro?
We get paid by the hour, if it needs to go out again the next day then so be it.
This isn't rocket science, come on people. SMH.

Back first

Ni1 and write a note on the delivery notice package was too large to leave out in the rain. Trust customers will appreciate this.

Delivery!!!

Ni1 and write a note on the delivery notice package was too large to leave out in the rain. Trust customers will appreciate this.
This. Just did it about about an hour ago. And I have had customers the following day tell me thank you for not dumping it in the rain.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
You're only screwing yourself by not DRing. How many times have you or heard of any discipline handed out for delivering packages to big to fit in bags that got wet? The reason, UPS wants to get rid of them as badly as you do, do yourself a favor and do what the customer paid for and the company wants you to do, DR it

If you really wanted to get technical about the whole thing, we should never be DRing packages if they aren't out of sight either, which means the person needs to be home or you take that bedroom suite down to the lower section of the house around the back.

Wally

It's called a package car. You sure you even work here bro?
We get paid by the hour, if it needs to go out again the next day then so be it.
This isn't rocket science, come on people. SMH.
We bring stuff back and the sups have the vapors. If it sits in the rain, so be it. Supply us with large tarps.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
We bring stuff back and the sups have the vapors. Id it sits in the rain, so be it. Supply us with large tarps.
I hear people say things like this and I honestly don't get it. It's amazing how different the culture of the workplace is in different parts of the country. I've really never been given a hard time about following their own methods, maybe I've just been lucky.

Out of weather is common sense.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I hear people say things like this and I honestly don't get it. It's amazing how different the culture of the workplace is in different parts of the country. I've really never been given a hard time about following their own methods, maybe I've just been lucky.

Out of weather is common sense.
When your management team stops caring so do the employees.

Wally

Out of weather is just common sense.
Out of weather how, with huge bombers or resi multi pieces? On some days, I have to break off early just to get this stuff like Pottery Barn, off. Nowhere to leave it out of weather, so it gets wet.

rod

Retired 22 years
On a annual ride once, in the rain, my sup said, "well it's raining but we need it off". Out in the rain it went!

He's not the one who has to face the customer later on and get his rear end chewed out royally. I always used a roll of bags like wrapping paper if something wouldn't fit inside. At least I could say I made an attempt to keep something dry.