DR Large items in rain

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
He's not the one who has to face the customer later on and get his rear end chewed out royally. I always used a roll of bags like wrapping paper if something wouldn't fit inside. At least I could say I made an attempt to keep something dry.
Who has time for that? Sups want numbers!

rod

Retired 22 years

friend--the numbers. "Out of site-out of weather" was more important when I worked . They could fire you for not following methods but not for not meeting their numbers. Apparently its not like that anymore.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
friend--the numbers. "Out of site-out of weather" was more important when I worked . They could fire you for not following methods but not for not meeting their numbers. Apparently its not like that anymore.
A lot has changed, not for the better. Those of us who were trained better just create problems for ourselves by trying to do what the customer wants, and what the company wants. Myself and most of the older guys were holding onto what used to be the old methods of customer service, we've since gave up and now do what the company wants.

I understand who pays my salary, I wish UPS did as well so we can focus on what matters.

Wally

Rod, When you worked, were they counting how many times you backed?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
We bring stuff back and the sups have the vapors. If it sits in the rain, so be it. Supply us with large tarps.
Out of weather how, with huge bombers or resi multi pieces? On some days, I have to break off early just to get this stuff like Pottery Barn, off. Nowhere to leave it out of weather, so it gets wet.
I hear people complain about sure-post and access points eliminating jobs. Seems to me send again harassment makes it a trifecta..... maybe we need language protecting us on all three of these issues. Then again it almost seems like some just don't give a crap.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
You're only screwing yourself by not DRing. How many times have you or heard of any discipline handed out for delivering packages to big to fit in bags that got wet? The reason, UPS wants to get rid of them as badly as you do, do yourself a favor and do what the customer paid for and the company wants you to do, DR it

If you really wanted to get technical about the whole thing, we should never be DRing packages if they aren't out of sight either, which means the person needs to be home or you take that bedroom suite down to the lower section of the house around the back.

I got a two day suspension over improper DR ( I was on the hit list for something else, but that was the reason given). Never have gotten in trouble over a send again that I couldn't leave. Push comes to shove follow the methods

Wally

I got a two day suspension over improper DR ( I was on the hit list for something else, but that was the reason given). Never have gotten in trouble over a send again that I couldn't leave. Push comes to shove follow the methods
So what do you do if bricked out with Pottery Barn?

BrownDog5117

What were the circumstances of the improper DR? Better yet, what were you on the hit list for?

Just curious.. because 2-day suspensions are rarely seen here.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
So what do you do if bricked out with Pottery Barn?
I went out with almost 500 pieces in a 700 for a few days last peak. I ran straight irregs for hours across the entire route, then they brought me the irregs that didn't fit, rinse and repeat.... I didn't even start running close to trace till 5ish, luckily I had a helper to watch me curse and unload half the truck at every stop for the first 8 hours of the day lol.

50+missed on a 14 hour day..... if it was raining, ya, I probably would have messaged them and let them know I was leaving stuff in the rain and put it on them to come pick it up.

That's not a regular thing here though. If they're setting you up to fail service on a regular basis, cover your ass is all you can do. If you're making bad releases just because you don't want to work around the stuff, that's a different story.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
That's more about them playing games, finding reasons to nail you. Day in and day out I wouldn't imagine you'd be questioned otherwise.

As they say, "two can play that game"

Turdferguson

Just a turd
What were the circumstances of the improper DR? Better yet, what were you on the hit list for?

Just curious.. because 2-day suspensions are rarely seen here.
Not hidden well enough when LP did a DR audit.
Never really knew what I was on list for that time. I had just switched centers and my new center manager had a blood vendetta against me. Tried for about nine months to get me. All he got was me turning my suspension into an extra vacation by using my option days with it

542thruNthru

They ever try and suspend me for a bad DR I'll make them pay. Sig every package for people that are not home. Drivers discretion. Watch my number fall faster then @dookie stain girls panties when I walk thru the door to roll damn tide on her A*!