Dress Code/Handbook

Is your Center Manager rude for no reason?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
He does. Just petty stuff. It is more of a "ha gotcha" moment when they think he did something wrong. Every time he can show proof of all that he has done correctly.
Just tell him to do the job and don't get crazy about the nit picking stuff. Manager will get bored after a while if he can't get a rise out of your husband.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Ah yes. The classic "new manager" syndrome. He just got promoted; he has to justify that promotion; so by golly he is gonna go in there and Make A Difference. Usually lasts a few weeks at most before they get beat down by the daily grind and decide to conserve their energy and only focus on the things that actually matter.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Ah yes. The classic "new manager" syndrome. He just got promoted; he has to justify that promotion; so by golly he is gonna go in there and Make A Difference. Usually lasts a few weeks at most before they get beat down by the daily grind and decide to conserve their energy and only focus on the things that actually matter.
Also could
Be that the op husband is considered a slug. And has a target on his back.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Management has "hot buttons" they love to push. One week it's polish on shoes, in 2 weeks its AM time in the building, the next time it's hair on the collars, or idle time..They have ADD about some of these things, and they forget about it after a short time till the next time. It's part of "the game" hourly employees have to play to work here.

rod

Retired 22 years
I've heard a of center manager being called everything in the book ---but not "rude". I wouldn't think "being rude" would even get a second glance at most centers.

T

talkingtalking01

Seat belt rules? That's pretty obvious.
Seat belt rules and parking rules have change during his time working there. One supervisor tells him one thing and another one reprimands him for doing it a different way.

T

talkingtalking01

Can't figure out why these guys have there wives come on here and bitch for them
I volunteered to get others opinions. He has been through worse than this and does not need my help. I am sorry that no one cares about you. The reason he does not even bother to come to this website is because of people like you. A simple question turns into a bad joke. The post ends up losing its purpose to help someone.

Last edited by a moderator:

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
It's all about playing the game.

Hoodies have been a hot-button issue in our center for the last month. Guys will wear it under the zipped-up winter jacket, and 99% of them are a dark shade of brown, but the hood part sticks out and that grinds their gears. So when something is said, I'm a good soldier and I take it off.

Then later when I get a message at around 5:15 (having already sent them a 5:45 ETA) asking if I would be willing to help someone, I tell simply them "nah, it's too cold outside" and come in. What can they say? I worked an 8-hour dispatch and they know that if they force me to do something I don't want to then they're just going to have to find coverage for the route when I call out in the near future.

As a driver, it's up to YOU to turn every situation into a win-win. It's actually pretty easy after a while.

Just play the game.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
He has a clean record so chill.
I wasn't bashing him or anything but it's something that seriously happens a lot. A new center manager comes in and the slowest drivers have the biggest target on their backs. Just the way it is.

You don't work here and came here asking for advice. Don't get pissed at us cause you didn't like what the people who live it everyday have to say.

T

talkingtalking01

I wasn't bashing him or anything but it's something that seriously happens a lot. A new center manager comes in and the slowest drivers have the biggest target on their backs. Just the way it is.

You don't work here and came here asking for advice. Don't get :censored2: at us cause you didn't like what the people who live it everyday have to say.
I am not upset. Just that opinion was about to start a :censored2: storm. I already mentioned that he does his job. Since he has only been to two hubs I wanted a reasonable opinion from other people. He has a family member who has worked there but times have changed since then and that person retired during his time in feeder. There are lazy people at UPS just like any other company and not all have targets on their backs. Thanks for posting...I guess.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I volunteered to get others opinions. He has been through worse than this and does not need my help. I am sorry that no one cares about you. The reason he does not even bother to come to this website is because of people like you. A simple question turns into a bad joke. The post ends up losing its purpose to help someone.

Sounds like he's very sensitive might want to look for work elsewhere

T

talkingtalking01

No, two years ago he was apparently charged with a hit-while-parked which was deemed as avoidable. Not quite a squeaky clean record.

As others have already mentioned, just tell him to toe the line for a while.
Yeah and everyone else knows it was a bull charge. Like I mentioned before of training someone and then making him take the downfall for it. Others agreed. This still did not affect him on doing his job properly he still works there and was not told to miss any days of work for that incident. So thanks for that I guess. I get the point for the other helpful people unlike you.