Driver accused of theft..

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Andwhett, Nov 10, 2018.

1. Sissy Brown Short Shorts

Sissy Brown Short Shorts Active Member

My signature park position! Perfect way to not get hit. Block the road on both sides, no backing into a driveway and not blocking any.

2. Wally

Wally BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

How is anybody to know what is inside? Anything not to be released will be coded as not to allow us to release.

Now, if he signed it off, he's screwed.

3. burrheadd

burrheadd KING Of GIFS

It’s the same as adios

4. Brisket

Brisket Well-Known Member

Still do it to this day here, paper and Diad.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2018
  5. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

My building still does this. The sheet of paper is usually signed by a preload supe, the preloader, me and the customer.

6. Jkloc420

Jkloc420 Well-Known Member

7. barnyard

The OP admitted to doing it regularly. If the company wants to make it stick, they can go back and match his signature to all the other times he signed.

8. barnyard

I am betting that this does not end well for the OP.

9. brokengroin

brokengroin New Member

Damn man, I have customers telling me to leave their package all the time through their doorbells. “I’m not home but it’s cool”... no thanks I’m not forging a signature, I just slap an info notice over the camera and move on.

Sincerely, full time bonus driver

• Like x 2
    • Funny x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • List
  10. LeftRS1

LeftRS1 One of those Millennials Drivers

I had a $20k valued pkg a few weeks back heading to Japan. The shipper didnt insure it so it went on the belt per management.

11. rod

rod retired and happy

Many times over. (Never PO the UPS guy)

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  12. trickpony1

trickpony1 Well-Known Member

The OP may want to try this and be sure to have the Sheriff mention that theft from an interstate shipment is a felony.

The USPS misdelivered a friends package. Thief claimed he didn't have it until the police showed up to remind him that theft from an interstate shipment is a felony.

My friend got her misdelivered article brought to her door by the thief.

13. rod

rod retired and happy

Hindsight is always better. Yes I should have. Later on I always used the "guess we will have to turn it over to Law Enforcement" line on any driver follow up----and it does work.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  14. Edd O'Rion

Edd O'Rion Member

You either pay or get discipline. Not both.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  15. Nolimitz

Nolimitz Active Member

IF it is mis delivered it is not theft. Would I keep it? No. but if some dumb :censored2: leaves something at my door, I did not steal it.

• Creative Creative x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  16. ACmoses

ACmoses Member

I've seen more bonus drivers fired than I have over allowed drivers. Dishonesty seems to be the common denominator. Go figure!

17. trickpony1

trickpony1 Well-Known Member

If the name on the package is anything other than Mr. Nolimitz and the address doesn't match your address...it's theft if you keep it.

Fairly simple concept...

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  18. clean hairy

clean hairy Well-Known Member

If he can hold the stylus and even make a partial line on the diad, you notate on the diad by the partial line he made "customers mark" If management questions it, explain it, if need be, have them go with you to meet the customer. Then, they will understand.

19. Nolimitz

Nolimitz Active Member

Years ago UPS left a pkg hidden by a door we never use. I found it a month or two later while working in yard. It was a high end paint sprayer. could no longer read the label it had been there so long. No one ever came looking for it. I donated it to a church yard sale. Did I steal it?
    F no. Some dumb :censored2: lost it in my yard. I have no legal obligation to source the owner.

20. zubenelgenubi

zubenelgenubi Well-Known Member

Theft requires intent to deprive the rightful owner of their property. You demonstrated no such intent. When you receive a package intended for someone else, and they come looking for it, and you don't give them their property, that is theft.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List