Driver DQ in 30day packet

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
keep your frustration in control. find some cathartic things, write a bit into a notebook on break, little tunes to hum to yourself (we were all boy scouts at one point lol) think about the corporate-level training and don't skip tasks so that they are "good enough" you have to go slow to recognize what goes smoothly and things have to go smoothly for them to get faster.
All supervisors are snakes: they can't really find support to fire someone for speed within the first week but they can get you for safety. What does going faster on day 5 do I wonder? Not only is that not an environment to learn in but it's giving them ammunition to do as they please.

Last edited:

freehoodies

I'm in my 30 day packet now. On road sup for 3 days and my 4th day I bombed. Had to have 2 other drivers come get my packages because I got so turned around and frustrated that my brain just went to *. This weekend I memorized the businesses and Ran Fridays route 15 times so I feel confident going into Monday. My on road sup has no patience and doesn't like me at all. She told me I would have to speed all day and told me to park in the fire lanes and told me to follow the edd but next day showed up behind me in her personal vehicle and asked me what I was doing in a residential. I said I was following the edd and she freaked out and started going through the diad rattling off addresses for me to go to and I mean she was talking 100 mph. Then she got furious that I didn't remember all those addresses. Skipping through the diad is time consuming and wasted time. I didn't get in until 1030. If they dq me cause of my horrible first day but myself then I'm going straight to the union. I wonder if I can ask for a different on road sup for my follow ups?

In your packet, come into work at least 30-45 mins early and sort your truck.

By that I mean make sure you have no misloads, and every single box has the shelf number visible, either peel off the sticker and restick it or write it there with a sharpie

Draw a big star or something on every business stops package you find, and look at what stops are on your route that day on the computer

There will be your main business stops for the day that are on every day (Walmarts, safeways, dentists office, car lot) and a handful that only get shipments some days. Have a game plan going in for what order you are going to run those main businesses in, and when you see one of those less frequent stops in your board you can decide how you will fit that in

You will have air to several places every day, thats going to be your main factor in how you are going to run your route that day. Other factors might be how brickloaded your truck is, if its really slammed then it might make sense to skip over some smaller stops to get your bigger bulk stops off.

While in your packet you try to weave delivering your air while also running a tight efficient route. After you are out of packet you can just run straight air then do your businesses, but in your packet you are focusing on hitting managements stops per hour goals.

If you cannot finish an area completely before having to leave due to air/commit time/pickups then just do the highest priority(air, bulk business, business in that order) stops and leave the rest. If you have to come back anyways dont do it for just 1-5 stops its better to just go clear another area so you dont have to drive that direction again. Or hit the bulk/irreg stops so you arent having to keep working around a bunch of boxes, that makes the rest of your days stops per hour higher too.

If you have to go up a flight of stairs, mark that in the diad screen when you first scan the package, it gives you extra allowed time and helps with scratching.

Every apartment stop gets another scan, dont scan them all as one stop that screws you over. Even if its an amazon box, thats how you make up for the 7 stops an hour places ORION thinks are 25 stops an hour places.

Not sure about recording 10 minute breaks but if your center does that whenever you have to stop delivering to un:censored2: your load or find that one box thats hiding from you, mark that as a break. No actual breaks in your packet, you work nonstop. Eat while sorting your truck.

Whatever your ORS politics are, those are your politics now until you are out of packet. I would disqualify the best employee in the world if he was a lefty, and a lefty ORS would have found any excuse to get rid of me if he discovered I was a sane, rational human being.

21Savage

I'm in my 30 day packet now. On road sup for 3 days and my 4th day I bombed. Had to have 2 other drivers come get my packages because I got so turned around and frustrated that my brain just went to *. This weekend I memorized the businesses and Ran Fridays route 15 times so I feel confident going into Monday. My on road sup has no patience and doesn't like me at all. She told me I would have to speed all day and told me to park in the fire lanes and told me to follow the edd but next day showed up behind me in her personal vehicle and asked me what I was doing in a residential. I said I was following the edd and she freaked out and started going through the diad rattling off addresses for me to go to and I mean she was talking 100 mph. Then she got furious that I didn't remember all those addresses. Skipping through the diad is time consuming and wasted time. I didn't get in until 1030. If they dq me cause of my horrible first day but myself then I'm going straight to the union. I wonder if I can ask for a different on road sup for my follow ups?

Lol

Wtfups

Love being a UPSer💯
In your packet, come into work at least 30-45 mins early and sort your truck.

By that I mean make sure you have no misloads, and every single box has the shelf number visible, either peel off the sticker and restick it or write it there with a sharpie

Draw a big star or something on every business stops package you find, and look at what stops are on your route that day on the computer

There will be your main business stops for the day that are on every day (Walmarts, safeways, dentists office, car lot) and a handful that only get shipments some days. Have a game plan going in for what order you are going to run those main businesses in, and when you see one of those less frequent stops in your board you can decide how you will fit that in

You will have air to several places every day, thats going to be your main factor in how you are going to run your route that day. Other factors might be how brickloaded your truck is, if its really slammed then it might make sense to skip over some smaller stops to get your bigger bulk stops off.

While in your packet you try to weave delivering your air while also running a tight efficient route. After you are out of packet you can just run straight air then do your businesses, but in your packet you are focusing on hitting managements stops per hour goals.

If you cannot finish an area completely before having to leave due to air/commit time/pickups then just do the highest priority(air, bulk business, business in that order) stops and leave the rest. If you have to come back anyways dont do it for just 1-5 stops its better to just go clear another area so you dont have to drive that direction again. Or hit the bulk/irreg stops so you arent having to keep working around a bunch of boxes, that makes the rest of your days stops per hour higher too.

If you have to go up a flight of stairs, mark that in the diad screen when you first scan the package, it gives you extra allowed time and helps with scratching.

Every apartment stop gets another scan, dont scan them all as one stop that screws you over. Even if its an amazon box, thats how you make up for the 7 stops an hour places ORION thinks are 25 stops an hour places.

Not sure about recording 10 minute breaks but if your center does that whenever you have to stop delivering to un* your load or find that one box thats hiding from you, mark that as a break. No actual breaks in your packet, you work nonstop. Eat while sorting your truck.

Whatever your ORS politics are, those are your politics now until you are out of packet. I would disqualify the best employee in the world if he was a lefty, and a lefty ORS would have found any excuse to get rid of me if he discovered I was a sane, rational human being.
Thank you so much and will help me so much and I appreciate it I didn't think about putting stars on the air packages or business packages so I appreciate that a lot and all the other tips you gave me I appreciate the time you took to write all that down.

Wtfups

Love being a UPSer💯
Thank you so much and will help me so much and I appreciate it I didn't think about putting stars on the air packages or business packages so I appreciate that a lot and all the other tips you gave me I appreciate the time you took to write all that down.
Also yes we can record breaks and they have to add up to an hour during packet. Great tip on that and I'm for sure going to do exactly what you advised. I don't understand the lefty problem. That's pretty dumb.
I'm a lefty. The union would be all over that. But thx the other good.tips. you are awesome!

Wtfups

Love being a UPSer💯
keep your frustration in control. find some cathartic things, write a bit into a notebook on break, little tunes to hum to yourself (we were all boy scouts at one point lol) think about the corporate-level training and don't skip tasks so that they are "good enough" you have to go slow to recognize what goes smoothly and things have to go smoothly for them to get faster.
All supervisors are snakes: they can't really find support to fire someone for speed within the first week but they can get you for safety. What does going faster on day 5 do I wonder? Not only is that not an environment to learn in but it's giving them ammunition to do as they please.
Thank you. I agree and will take your advise.

freehoodies

Also yes we can record breaks and they have to add up to an hour during packet. Great tip on that and I'm for sure going to do exactly what you advised. I don't understand the lefty problem. That's pretty dumb.
I'm a lefty. The union would be all over that. But thx the other good.tips. you are awesome!
Just throwing a little humor into it, im self aware of how tome deaf that sounds lol.

But for real people who listen to political bull:censored2: they have no control over end up doing :censored2: to try to “fight back” in their personal lives.

Ever see someone just out of nowhere tell their friends if they dont support or do XYZ then they cant be friends anymore? Thats happening alot more lately. If people will cut off friends over political :censored2: they will definitely not hire some rando over it.