Driver Helper Browns

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Whats dumb to me is turning in all the uniforms on Christmas Eve from the Helpers that are inside employees. We still use Helpers for the first couple of weeks of January now.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
The last time I did a route in 2003 ,, the helpers had a shirt and pull over coat only!
They wore jeans , the shirt my helper had wouldn't even fit , so I loaned him two

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Whats dumb to me is turning in all the uniforms on Christmas Eve from the Helpers that are inside employees. We still use Helpers for the first couple of weeks of January now.
We get rid of them all before New Years here. A few seasonal drivers will stick around until the middle of January. But no helpers.

GillEagan

I always look 10 years younger than I am.
They used to hold the last check for the Christmas helpers until they had turned in their browns. They never had a problem getting them back.

They still do that here. No uniform? No last check. Simple as that.

GillEagan

I always look 10 years younger than I am.
I just don't understand why I always get into such trouble.

It's quite simple really. You don't think of the consequences until after you have done something. You just do. Perhaps if you start to think of the consequences of your actions first, then you might actually stop getting into these predicaments.

underworked1

I am no stranger to breaking and walking over the tedious rules at UPS.
This one bit of trouble I got into was wearing browns during the driver-helper orientation at another hub. The HR lady, who knew my name without asking or consulting the sign in sheet ;)
picked on me the whole time saying "you were suppose to return your brown" and "we can't have you keep your browns."
In fact several of my coworkers from the other hub confessed to having browns from previous years as well.

I've been with UPS for some time, I know the drill, you can't have the Browns just advertising on any bum bumming on the streets, but a brand is still a brand and wouldn't it be OK to let a seasoned employee keep a fitting set of browns?
Do you have aspergers or something? What's your damage?

Future

Victory Ride
asd.gif
I am no stranger to breaking and walking over the tedious rules at UPS.
This one bit of trouble I got into was wearing browns during the driver-helper orientation at another hub. The HR lady, who knew my name without asking or consulting the sign in sheet ;)
picked on me the whole time saying "you were suppose to return your brown" and "we can't have you keep your browns."
In fact several of my coworkers from the other hub confessed to having browns from previous years as well.

I've been with UPS for some time, I know the drill, you can't have the Browns just advertising on any bum bumming on the streets, but a brand is still a brand and wouldn't it be OK to let a seasoned employee keep a fitting set of browns?

oldngray

nowhere special
Asbergers is a mild form of autism but it was used as a convenient label for too many with problems. Recently the classification has changed and the definition tightened about what is Aspergers or other forms of autism. Autism was being was over diagnosed for behavioral issues but that is finally being corrected. Doctors would slap the autism label on kids with other problems like mental retardation. The two can go together but they are not the same. I know a teenage boy who is "autistic" but his main problem is severe retardation. Last year he burned down his families house (luckily nobody was injured but the house was a total loss). He started a fire and panicked and hid in a closet instead of telling someone. I know some with Aspergers also and they are smart but don't function well in crowds or in stressful situations.

arice11

He most certainly isn't quite right. I know we like to rag on him but there's obviously something a little off.
Yes, there is something, its called being a UPSer. Its the 2 or 3am start time and a whole morning of irregs. Its the supervisors lying to us about when we're scheduled to work. Same supervisors who cut our hours but demand such unwavering obedience then wonder why we're not thrilled to come into work.
Its the uninterested and seemingly powerless union that collects dues but won't make the effort to help us.

Something is wrong with the system, which incurs my dislike of their silly rules. Who would want to follow the rules of a company that sweeps us under the rug like dirt?