Driver Lunch Break

PCM

Don't take this the wrong way but you appear weak. I hope you didn't include anything about your family in that letter either. Never tell ups any personal info, they WILL use it against you. Iv seen it first hand. Iv been here many many years. The fact that you keep stressing how important this job is to you and your family is a terrible thing to do.

I act like this job isn't :censored2: to me and always talk about all my "riches" To managment. You can't exploit somebody who doesn't appear to need their job.

You made a mistake it happens brother. I have made big mistakes.

The union will have your back. I honestly would expect you back in a few weeks at most at the local level. I doubt it will go past that

Best of luck, you make the job.... don't let the job make you
Yea ur prob right I’ll make sure if I get back I just do what I have to do avoid them and get my check thank u for being honest it’s rare

Over disciplined0123

I hope so I've had a few issues like late air and I had a situation where I recorded a mosload late but nothing like this so I'm just hoping they give me a a chance.. I k ow I put myslef in a ridiculous situation and I was trying to make service not hurt anything... if I could take it back I would I just didn't want to get called in and get in trouble for missing savers or late businesses
You have to relax. I’ve been in that situation before . I once bid inside for a year and I was working and had over 8.5 hours and all work was done along with the sort. I looked for a supervisor or manager and no one was around so I punched out well the next day I came in I was asked for my ups I.d. Card and was told I was fired for abandoning my work area manager said that is like a voluntary quit . Well after laughing for 5 minutes thinking where to they come up with this :censored2:. I never in 25 years heard that one before “work abandonment “along with my steward I left with my tail between my legs .I called my BA and was back 3 days later . It could of been 2 but during the meeting to get my job back with UPS labor manager and my BA I figured I’d be a dick and ask if I could have another day off Cuz I had planned something already ... Labor manager was actually mad

Over disciplined0123

You have to relax. I’ve been in that situation before . I once bid inside for a year and I was working and had over 8.5 hours and all work was done along with the sort. I looked for a supervisor or manager and no one was around so I punched out well the next day I came in I was asked for my ups I.d. Card and was told I was fired for abandoning my work area manager said that is like a voluntary quit . Well after laughing for 5 minutes thinking where to they come up with this :censored2:. I never in 25 years heard that one before “work abandonment “along with my steward I left with my tail between my legs .I called my BA and was back 3 days later . It could of been 2 but during the meeting to get my job back with UPS labor manager and my BA I figured I’d be a dick and ask if I could have another day off Cuz I had planned something already ... Labor manager was actually mad
If this is your first time being fired you will be back it was a harmless incident. And peak is coming which is a plus for you

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
right its unheard of in any company working through a lunch. who would have thought you can work through your own lunch? if management pretty much tells me im allowed to do something how am i supposed to know its frowned upon?
For one it's against the law pretty much anywhere to work and not be compensated for your time.

But you're obviously not too bright so I guess we shouldn't expect you to know that.

You could also be fired for faalsifying records since you put in a lunch but didn't take it.

DRporch

For one it's against the law pretty much anywhere to work and not be compensated for your time.

But you're obviously not too bright so I guess we shouldn't expect you to know that.

You could also be fired for faalsifying records since you put in a lunch but didn't take it.
if thats the case then nearly our entire driving staff needs to be replaced as we all do it. and i dont care what the "law" states the employer to do. its my choice what i do on my lunch break. not a soul in my center cares what we do on our lunch break.

Brownslave688

if thats the case then nearly our entire driving staff needs to be replaced as we all do it. and i dont care what the "law" states the employer to do. its my choice what i do on my lunch break. not a soul in my center cares what we do on our lunch break.

Maybe you should go jump off a bridge. I hear everyone is doing it.

Obviously no one can help you. You won't help yourself. You're literally taking money from yourself and handing it to ups. Smh

Brownslave688

One of the dumbest sentences I've ever read on this site.

DRporch

Maybe you should go jump off a bridge. I hear everyone is doing it.

Obviously no one can help you. You won't help yourself. You're literally taking money from yourself and handing it to ups. Smh
not at all i make bonus so that 50min ends up bonus. not really that big of a deal to me. sure i can sit for 50min or i can take 30-1hr of bonus either way im paid nearly the same. if i know there is no chance of bonus sure ill take a break but id rather go home early then sit out there for an extra hour in the hood.
One of the dumbest sentences I've ever read on this site.
right because now im a "follower" for doing my own thing. go figure

PCM

That is ridiculous I can’t belive that happened to u.. I def never heard of anything like that.. it been a week now my BA said that that are having scheduling issues to meet with labor guy and center manager so it looks like it’s at least going to be a couple weeks till I meet with them..I think the scheduling thing may be a way to make me sweat and it’s working..

Faceplanted

That is ridiculous I can’t belive that happened to u.. I def never heard of anything like that.. it been a week now my BA said that that are having scheduling issues to meet with labor guy and center manager so it looks like it’s at least going to be a couple weeks till I meet with them..I think the scheduling thing may be a way to make me sweat and it’s working..
"Scheduling issues"

Funny how in my local some people have their local level hearing in 2-3 days....

While some have to wait 2-3 weeks. Those 2-3 week guys are usually grevience filers.

burco8080

i was fired for the same about 5 years ago had to meet with labor and union settled for time off suspension served. Since then i always take my break no matter what, and now truly believe it make you less tired at the end of day and more alert to finish your route.Hope it all goes well for you.