Driver Lunch Break

PCM

i was fired for the same about 5 years ago had to meet with labor and union settled for time off suspension served. Since then i always take my break no matter what, and now truly believe it make you less tired at the end of day and more alert to finish your route.Hope it all goes well for you.
How long were u out for

PCM

U
"Scheduling issues"

Funny how in my local some people have their local level hearing in 2-3 days....

While some have to wait 2-3 weeks. Those 2-3 week guys are usually grevience filers.
my meeting isn’t till another week and a half so I’ll be out three weeks and that’s if it goes well.. I know this I won’t do it again not worth this

brownIEman

I find it odd that they always find a way to pass out suspensions this time of the year so they can train seasonals

I find it odd that a driver with your length of experience would post something that sounds so ignorant.
It could be that that does happen in your center but you'd have to work in some sort of Twilight zone center.
When it was time for training peak drivers discipline went down in every center I've ever heard of because on roads didn't have the time for the write ups and meetings. And drivers on suspension would not ever have helped me train peak drivers as it would leave full routes possibly sitting I'd have to run. And if you think I'm going to plan to take a peak driver and train him on a regular full dispatched route, well if that's the case let me assure you you've lost your mind.

I find it odd that a driver with your length of experience would post something that sounds so ignorant.
It could be that that does happen in your center but you'd have to work in some sort of Twilight zone center.
When it was time for training peak drivers discipline went down in every center I've ever heard of because on roads didn't have the time for the write ups and meetings. And drivers on suspension would not ever have helped me train peak drivers as it would leave full routes possibly sitting I'd have to run. And if you think I'm going to plan to take a peak driver and train him on a regular full dispatched route, well if that's the case let me assure you you've lost your mind.
Well...
I've seen it happen too many times. Just like guys getting suspended on December 26

But I'm :censored2:ing crazy and I don't know what I'm talking about.

brownIEman

Well...
I've seen it happen too many times. Just like guys getting suspended on December 26

All I can say is that when you suggest having drivers out on suspension somehow helps management train peak drivers you sound like you don't know what you're talking about.

And by the way - no, suspending a driver in the run up to peak is nothing like suspending a driver on Dec 26th.

If what you describe actually happens in your center one question that pops into my head would be why are drivers committing suspension worthy offenses in the run up to peak?

35years

Gravy route
if thats the case then nearly our entire driving staff needs to be replaced as we all do it. and i dont care what the "law" states the employer to do. its my choice what i do on my lunch break. not a soul in my center cares what we do on our lunch break.

Until someone wants you gone.
Then you will have a long history of falsifying records.
You will not know what hit you, or even who was behind the firing.

You might as well sign a resignation letter and hand it to them for safe keeping in case they ever want you gone.

You see, they do care that you are falsifying break. They know you are falsifying. It benefits them in the short run. And they know they have you by the short hairs if push comes to shove.

Wise up!

PCM

"Scheduling issues"

Funny how in my local some people have their local level hearing in 2-3 days....

While some have to wait 2-3 weeks. Those 2-3 week guys are usually grevience filers.
Also is it not a good thing that I’m meeting with the center manager the labor board and my BA? It’s not the panel obviously but I never seen anyone else meet with them like this so I’m really worried....

Faceplanted

Also is it not a good thing that I’m meeting with the center manager the labor board and my BA? It’s not the panel obviously but I never seen anyone else meet with them like this so I’m really worried....
Normal procedure in my local. After that is another hearing of you can't resolve it locally. Then after that is panel.

Stuff like youre usually gets handled before a panel.

You need to chill out bro!!! It will be ok

PCM

Normal procedure in my local. After that is another hearing of you can't resolve it locally. Then after that is panel.

Stuff like youre usually gets handled before a panel.

You need to chill out bro!!! It will be ok
Ok thank u and I will..I’m just a very high atu g person so I lit constantly worry..u have helped a lot tho I appreciate

brownIEman

From the perspective of a former management person -
Don't be concerned that you've never seen this type of meeting before. It's part of the process and is supposed to be as discreet as possible. It's most likely happened in you building before and that fact you were not aware of it just means that those involved didn't blab about it. That's an indication they are behaving professionally. That's a good thing.
The union will clearly not push for your termination. The center management team won't either unless you're a horrible driver or you go out of your way to be a phallus to them every chance you get since gaining seniority. The decision to push it to panel will ultimately rest with the labor manager. S/he will most likely follow the center teams recommendations.
Most likely you will get suspension served and a stern go now and sin no more. Don't worry so much.

PCM

From the perspective of a former management person -
Don't be concerned that you've never seen this type of meeting before. It's part of the process and is supposed to be as discreet as possible. It's most likely happened in you building before and that fact you were not aware of it just means that those involved didn't blab about it. That's an indication they are behaving professionally. That's a good thing.
The union will clearly not push for your termination. The center management team won't either unless you're a horrible driver or you go out of your way to be a phallus to them every chance you get since gaining seniority. The decision to push it to panel will ultimately rest with the labor manager. S/he will most likely follow the center teams recommendations.
Most likely you will get suspension served and a stern go now and sin no more. Don't worry so much.
Wow thank you this is the most productive feed back I have gotten so far I appreciate it

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Auto correct I have a masters in mental heath counseling education is not an issue for me thanks though

So, let me get this straight you have a master in mental health counseling education

and your a pkg driver

Money well spent Your parents must be proud

SMH!!!

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Well...

They always fire and suspend as soon as summer vacations end, and all the extra peak help arrives. Year after year, I tell guys, don’t paint a target on your back this time of year unless you want some time off.