Driver parking in marked handicapped spot

rod

Retired 22 years
Years ago I got a $350 ticket because my front right tire was 3 inches into a handicap space. That one hurt.

Superteeth2478

Child support ain’t no joke
And while we're on the topic of child support, that system is bull:censored2: too. It's obviously bull:censored2: when it's calculated as a percentage of your income. It's nonsense that a father who makes, say, $250,000 a year while the mother makes little or nothing should have to give a flat percentage of their income, say 17%, to support a child. It sure as hell doesn't cost $42,500 a year to raise a child. That can support an entire family in a low cost of living state. At that point the excess just becomes spousal support.

At this point I'll just go really off topic and stand on a soapbox and argue about how it's illogical bull:censored2: that women can choose not to terminate a pregnancy (which I agree is absolutely "her body, her right"), but also demand child support payments from a father who didn't necessarily want to be father (I know about the argument of "then keep it in your pants", but that applies to both parties anyways. If the mother can't support a child without a father's input, then they should keep it out of their pants). That would be perfectly logical, only if a father DID have some say in whether or not a mother terminated her pregnancy, because the baby IS part of the father's body as well, in the sense that he contributed genetic material to create the child.

I deliver to a small office building every day. In front of the building is a dead end driveway with 6 handicapped spots and 6 regular spots. The rest of the parking is around back in a connected parking garage. The cross bar to even enter that lot is 10 feet, my truck is 10'6". This building is also situated on a busy street so I can't park in the street and deliver from there. I have to back into the front driveway and block the last handicap spot. It also leads to the only ramp to the building. Once you go up the ramp, to the right is the entrance and to left is the loading dock. For nearly 8 years, there is usually ONE or 0 handicap spots being used. I block only 1 spot of the possible 12 spots out front. One day about 5 years ago, the receptionist came out and told me I can't park there because it's a handicap spot. I answered her, but there's 6 spots and they're never used. Unless 5 handicap people come simultaneously in the next 4 minutes, I'll be gone. She didn't like that. Got angry and yelled. I smiled and kept loading my dollie. I still park there every day and she never says a word to me. Some people are born losers, bullies or think dumb delivery guys are beneath them and have nothing better to do then stir "s" up. Get a life lady.

Integrity

Binge Poster
The overall Integrity of a corporation is just the sum of the integrity of each and every management employee.

Fixed that for you. Hope it helps.
No it did not.

The integrity of every employee, management and non-management contributes to the overall integrity of an organization.

Superteeth2478

No it did not.

The integrity of every employee, management and non-management contributes to the overall integrity of an organization.
You're absurd. If the lack of integrity on the part of the employees got to the point where it was affecting the integrity of the business, management with integrity would remove those employees in as expeditious a manner as possible. Management is the only group of people with the power to do so.

If a business has employees with an integrity issue, and fails to remove them, then that's a reflection of the management people. It's usually a situation of "you scratch my back, and I'll scratch yours". As far as UPS goes that means that management turns a blind eye to things like drivers skipping lunches, going over the speed limit, sheeting packages up incorrectly to avoid being dinged on some metric or another, etc. (lack of integrity on the part of the driver), in exchange for that same management person not getting their ass chewed for failure to meet this or that metric.

If the management person had integrity, they would not allow a driver to lack integrity even if it meant that member of management would get chewed daily until they were finally terminated for refusing to encourage/turn a blind eye to actions on the part of their workforce that lack integrity. Hence why more often than not the ones you see in management, surprise surprise, lack integrity. Like I said, they are the ones given the power to determine whether or not their workforce has integrity. The opposite isn't true. We can't vote for who we want to be our bosses.

So guess what that means? It's the integrity of the management at UPS (or the lack thereof) that determines the integrity of the company. So try again.

trickpony1

I think the language, essentially, says:

-the person to whom the permit is issued shall be driving the car or in the car.

It doesn't say you can use granny's, or mom's, permit.

The permit is assigned to the permit holder, not any vehicle.

Indecisi0n

I think the language, essentially, says:

-the person to whom the permit is issued shall be driving the car or in the car.

It doesn't say you can use granny's, or mom's, permit.

The permit is assigned to the permit holder, not any vehicle.
So when I use my mother's to go to the movies that's wrong ?

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
I realize this may vary by region, but wondering what UPS rules are for drivers parking in marked handicapped spots while doing deliveries. Where I work, the driver does this everyday. Backs in to the handicapped spot closest to the service door, loads up his cart, and proceeds to do his deliveries in the building.

Part of what bothers me is that he doesn't have to. He can back up to the service door, there are hundreds of unused parking spots in the lot everyday, even close to the entrance. Heck, he could double park next to the main entrance and really not be in the way, but yet he chooses to use a handicapped spot.

I'll admit that I am biased as my spouse is disabled and has a disabled parking placard and we frequently use disabled spots when she is able to get out of the house, and it bothers me when they are being abused, regardless of who is doing it.

I'm not trying to be a jerk and call anybody out or put them on blast or get anyone in trouble, but I am so bothered by this. I realize that a driver's job isn't an easy one, but is this something I should attempt to report to UPS or just let it go?

Thanks!!!

View attachment 236990 View attachment 236989
I see an empty handicap spot right next to him, and assume there may be others. Let it go until it becomes an actual issue. If he gets a ticket he has to pay out of his pocket. That would probably fix this.

dvalleyjim

I realize this may vary by region, but wondering what UPS rules are for drivers parking in marked handicapped spots while doing deliveries. Where I work, the driver does this everyday. Backs in to the handicapped spot closest to the service door, loads up his cart, and proceeds to do his deliveries in the building.

Part of what bothers me is that he doesn't have to. He can back up to the service door, there are hundreds of unused parking spots in the lot everyday, even close to the entrance. Heck, he could double park next to the main entrance and really not be in the way, but yet he chooses to use a handicapped spot.

I'll admit that I am biased as my spouse is disabled and has a disabled parking placard and we frequently use disabled spots when she is able to get out of the house, and it bothers me when they are being abused, regardless of who is doing it.

I'm not trying to be a jerk and call anybody out or put them on blast or get anyone in trouble, but I am so bothered by this. I realize that a driver's job isn't an easy one, but is this something I should attempt to report to UPS or just let it go?

Thanks!!!

View attachment 236990 View attachment 236989

There's like 5 handicap parking spaces in that picture. Is this a "we only hire handicap people business"? Keeping voting democrat and try to control everyone else's behavior.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Hourly

Teamster

Do the right thing & park/stop it elsewhere; you're protected from being harrased by management!

Reserve it for FXG, who must rush to maintain their sporh to compete with Amazon hourly rate

Integrity

Binge Poster
You're absurd. If the lack of integrity on the part of the employees got to the point where it was affecting the integrity of the business, management with integrity would remove those employees in as expeditious a manner as possible. Management is the only group of people with the power to do so.

If a business has employees with an integrity issue, and fails to remove them, then that's a reflection of the management people. It's usually a situation of "you scratch my back, and I'll scratch yours". As far as UPS goes that means that management turns a blind eye to things like drivers skipping lunches, going over the speed limit, sheeting packages up incorrectly to avoid being dinged on some metric or another, etc. (lack of integrity on the part of the driver), in exchange for that same management person not getting their ass chewed for failure to meet this or that metric.

If the management person had integrity, they would not allow a driver to lack integrity even if it meant that member of management would get chewed daily until they were finally terminated for refusing to encourage/turn a blind eye to actions on the part of their workforce that lack integrity. Hence why more often than not the ones you see in management, surprise surprise, lack integrity. Like I said, they are the ones given the power to determine whether or not their workforce has integrity. The opposite isn't true. We can't vote for who we want to be our bosses.

So guess what that means? It's the integrity of the management at UPS (or the lack thereof) that determines the integrity of the company. So try again.
Disagree. Sorry.