Driver parking in marked handicapped spot

BeachBum13

I realize this may vary by region, but wondering what UPS rules are for drivers parking in marked handicapped spots while doing deliveries. Where I work, the driver does this everyday. Backs in to the handicapped spot closest to the service door, loads up his cart, and proceeds to do his deliveries in the building.

Part of what bothers me is that he doesn't have to. He can back up to the service door, there are hundreds of unused parking spots in the lot everyday, even close to the entrance. Heck, he could double park next to the main entrance and really not be in the way, but yet he chooses to use a handicapped spot.

I'll admit that I am biased as my spouse is disabled and has a disabled parking placard and we frequently use disabled spots when she is able to get out of the house, and it bothers me when they are being abused, regardless of who is doing it.

I'm not trying to be a jerk and call anybody out or put them on blast or get anyone in trouble, but I am so bothered by this. I realize that a driver's job isn't an easy one, but is this something I should attempt to report to UPS or just let it go?

Thanks!!!

image1.jpeg
image2.jpeg

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I realize this may vary by region, but wondering what UPS rules are for drivers parking in marked handicapped spots while doing deliveries. Where I work, the driver does this everyday. Backs in to the handicapped spot closest to the service door, loads up his cart, and proceeds to do his deliveries in the building.

Part of what bothers me is that he doesn't have to. He can back up to the service door, there are hundreds of unused parking spots in the lot everyday, even close to the entrance. Heck, he could double park next to the main entrance and really not be in the way, but yet he chooses to use a handicapped spot.

I'll admit that I am biased as my spouse is disabled and has a disabled parking placard and we frequently use disabled spots when she is able to get out of the house, and it bothers me when they are being abused, regardless of who is doing it.

I'm not trying to be a jerk and call anybody out or put them on blast or get anyone in trouble, but I am so bothered by this. I realize that a driver's job isn't an easy one, but is this something I should attempt to report to UPS or just let it go?

Thanks!!!

View attachment 236990 View attachment 236989
He’s flat out wrong. If you don’t want to get him in trouble with UPS talk to the building management.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
If there are more than one spot available, go ahead and use it.

Everyone chill out. No one is blocking a cripple out. Most of these spots are used by the fatties scamming the system.

Box Ox

Where I work, the driver does this everyday. Backs in to the handicapped spot closest to the service door, loads up his cart, and proceeds to do his deliveries in the building.

He can back up to the service door, there are hundreds of unused parking spots in the lot everyday, even close to the entrance. Heck, he could double park next to the main entrance and really not be in the way, but yet he chooses to use a handicapped spot.

Do you know what the driver's arrangement with receiving is? Might be told to park there while delivering.

Have any handicap folks ever not been able to grab a handicap spot because of the where the driver parks during deliveries?

El Correcto

god is dead

Thanks!!!

Waaaaaaaaah.

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
Seems there are a lot of handicap spots in the picture, he also backs in so he takes one spot. I personally dont see a issue as long as he is not blocking anybody or taking the last or all the handicap spots.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
The OP should join the homeowners association. I'm sure he or she can help take down some retired veteran who had the gall to hang an unauthorized flag up!

542thruNthru

Thanks!!!

Lol I think I know this drivers.and route!

If I do I believe there are like 8 handicap parking spots. Yeah I understand not parking in a handicap spot but let's be real here. It seems like every single one is open and he isn't even taking the closest one to the door.

But if you want him to stop. I'm sure just asking him to stop would work.