Driver parking in marked handicapped spot

Poop Head

Judge me.
I realize this may vary by region, but wondering what UPS rules are for drivers parking in marked handicapped spots while doing deliveries. Where I work, the driver does this everyday. Backs in to the handicapped spot closest to the service door, loads up his cart, and proceeds to do his deliveries in the building.

Part of what bothers me is that he doesn't have to. He can back up to the service door, there are hundreds of unused parking spots in the lot everyday, even close to the entrance. Heck, he could double park next to the main entrance and really not be in the way, but yet he chooses to use a handicapped spot.

I'll admit that I am biased as my spouse is disabled and has a disabled parking placard and we frequently use disabled spots when she is able to get out of the house, and it bothers me when they are being abused, regardless of who is doing it.

I'm not trying to be a jerk and call anybody out or put them on blast or get anyone in trouble, but I am so bothered by this. I realize that a driver's job isn't an easy one, but is this something I should attempt to report to UPS or just let it go?

Thanks!!!
All ups drivers are mentally handicapped. He must have just lost the thingy to hang in the window. Hopefully he fills out the dvir and gets a new one

Rack em

Made the Podium
Unless that place had mid day bingo games going, I doubt him blocking one of multiple handicap spots is a big deal. I would bet my paycheck that in the time it took him to deliver, not one handicapped person showed up.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
are you an outside hire?, did you end your career as a porter?

Here we go, Faded. Yes, I was hired as a peak driver in October 1978. My center manager miscounted my days, and I made seniority in January 1979. It was a period of expansion in my area. Maybe 18 routes once I made seniority.
ter
In 2003, I bid a 22.3 job, porter/clerk. The DM and my center manager (against his will) changed it to preload/porter after I won the bid. I grieved it, and lost due to the ineffectual BA we had at the time.

Preload wasn't bad, but the porter half of the day bored the living :censored2: out of me. Thankfully, my center manager found a lot of times to send me out on the street for late air and LIBs.

After a year, I had the opportunity to bid back out to the street after a retirement. Finished my time until Spring 2013 when I retired, for a total on 34 1/2 years.

Does this help?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I realize this may vary by region, but wondering what UPS rules are for drivers parking in marked handicapped spots while doing deliveries. Where I work, the driver does this everyday. Backs in to the handicapped spot closest to the service door, loads up his cart, and proceeds to do his deliveries in the building.

Part of what bothers me is that he doesn't have to. He can back up to the service door, there are hundreds of unused parking spots in the lot everyday, even close to the entrance. Heck, he could double park next to the main entrance and really not be in the way, but yet he chooses to use a handicapped spot.

I'll admit that I am biased as my spouse is disabled and has a disabled parking placard and we frequently use disabled spots when she is able to get out of the house, and it bothers me when they are being abused, regardless of who is doing it.

I'm not trying to be a jerk and call anybody out or put them on blast or get anyone in trouble, but I am so bothered by this. I realize that a driver's job isn't an easy one, but is this something I should attempt to report to UPS or just let it go?

Thanks!!!

View attachment 236990 View attachment 236989

If there are “hundreds” of other spots who gives a :censored2: where he parks

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Thanks!!!

Get a life

Nothing to see here keep moving

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
Op is the scurge of mankind. Driver literally hurting nothing. In and out in couple minutes. Baffles me, how these busybodies intentionally go out of their way to meddle with people's lives. The fricking morality police on a guy performing a public service. Bite me

Yolo

If the property owner has an issue with where the driver parks then just tell the driver. Driver will probably park elsewhere . Maybe or maybe not .

old levi's

blank space
Here we go, Faded. Yes, I was hired as a peak driver in October 1978. My center manager miscounted my days, and I made seniority in January 1979. It was a period of expansion in my area. Maybe 18 routes once I made seniority.
ter
In 2003, I bid a 22.3 job, porter/clerk. The DM and my center manager (against his will) changed it to preload/porter after I won the bid. I grieved it, and lost due to the ineffectual BA we had at the time.

Preload wasn't bad, but the porter half of the day bored the living :censored2: out of me. Thankfully, my center manager found a lot of times to send me out on the street for late air and LIBs.

After a year, I had the opportunity to bid back out to the street after a retirement. Finished my time until Spring 2013 when I retired, for a total on 34 1/2 years.

Does this help?

All of that just to say outside hire & porter.

Integrity

Binge Poster

Thanks!!!

I do not have UPS rules in front of me, but the rules will not support unlawful parking.

If remember I will review what the written rules say and get back to you if I can.

Lots of employees don't follow rules

Integrity

Binge Poster
Integrity and his brother, Honesty, haven't been seen since the stock went public.
Integrity and Honesty show up in individuals no matter what level of employee.

The overall Integrity of a corporation is just the sum of the integrity of each and every employee.

The question every UPS employee must ask themselves is how much Integrity and Honesty resides inside themselves, at their core?

How about you?

Is Integrity and Honesty at the core of all you do?