Drivers down in Arizona- ish

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
I miss working Package in Summer here.
Management is very sensitive to the changing environment and "heat island" effect we have here. They make sure we have an abundance of ice and schedule deliveries well in advance so there is never a chance we would run out. Start times were adjusted to the crack of dawn so that we could get the bulk of our residential deliveries off and then return to the building for our NXDA. We were encouraged, no expected to get as much done before the extreme heat of the day set in, that period between 1-4 pm. so that we could find a cool place to rest up before making pickups. If there was a theater nearby often they would buy us a movie pass. Our workloads were adjusted so that no one would have an over dispatched day. Anyone who had deliveries after pickups was immediately sent help so that they would be in and off by 6 pm at the latest. No one was ever left to die out there with a Peak sized dispatch. The Bulkhead door rule was suspended so we could keep cargo area temperatures down, especially since we always had medication and other heat sensitive packages on board. Our normally dark brown polyester uniforms are replaced with a lightweight cotton khaki,in accordance with OSHA guidelines to wear light colored clothing. As temperatures soar above 100 degrees we are encouraged to take more frequent breaks in air conditioned buildings- no need to code them off. My only complaint is that they seem to keep the temperature of the building way too low as I always had to throw on a sweater before I could offload my clerical packages.

slowjoer

I miss working Package in Summer here.
Management is very sensitive to the changing environment and "heat island" effect we have here. They make sure we have an abundance of ice and schedule deliveries well in advance so there is never a chance we would run out. Start times were adjusted to the crack of dawn so that we could get the bulk of our residential deliveries off and then return to the building for our NXDA. We were encouraged, no expected to get as much done before the extreme heat of the day set in, that period between 1-4 pm. so that we could find a cool place to rest up before making pickups. If there was a theater nearby often they would buy us a movie pass. Our workloads were adjusted so that no one would have an over dispatched day. Anyone who had deliveries after pickups was immediately sent help so that they would be in and off by 6 pm at the latest. No one was ever left to die out there with a Peak sized dispatch. The Bulkhead door rule was suspended so we could keep cargo area temperatures down, especially since we always had medication and other heat sensitive packages on board. Our normally dark brown polyester uniforms are replaced with a lightweight cotton khaki,in accordance with OSHA guidelines to wear light colored clothing. As temperatures soar above 100 degrees we are encouraged to take more frequent breaks in air conditioned buildings- no need to code them off. My only complaint is that they seem to keep the temperature of the building way too low as I always had to throw on a sweater before I could offload my clerical packages.
th
Retired 104 you forgot this.