Drivers - How well do you know your preloader?

mixyo

Dispatcher
Just curious to see how well the drivers here know their preloaders...Do you know their name? Do you see them/chat with them on a regular basis? Are you satisfied with their load quality? etc... :)

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
If they park my car in the regular spot, Chris loads it. He tries to do a good job, but its impossible for him to load four cars with no missloads. Lately they have been putting it all around the building in different spots. They also removed my route number off the PAL and replaced it with the first four letters of my last name in an attempt to cut down on miss pieces. That doesn't work too well, my missed pieces are now too far away to deliver now.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I know the majority of the loaders who load the routes I cover by name and chat with them a bit in the morning but honestly all but 2 suck hard. I'm nice to them anyway.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Yes, yes and yes.

His name is Dan and he does a really good job. He is a FT college student who will most likely leave UPS after he graduates. He also plays in the same slow-pitch softball league that my son plays in. I gave him $100 last Peak.

BMWMC

B.C. boohoo buster.
When one stays more than a week, doesn't leave 1/3 of the load outside the car by my start time, washes regularly, uses deodorant, doesn't leave behind there snacks wrappers and empty drinks containers, flush the whiskey breath with mouthwash, I'll make every attempt to get to know them. ​

mixyo

Dispatcher
When one stays more than a week, doesn't leave 1/3 of the load outside the car by my start time, washes regularly, uses deodorant, doesn't leave behind there snacks wrappers and empty drinks containers, flush the whiskey breath with mouthwash, I'll make every attempt to get to know them. ​

I really friend-ing hate when there's soda cans and other trash left in the trucks. I don't know who's doing it (driver? unloader?) but i see it every day and it pisses me off.

BrownDooDoo

I really friend-ing hate when there's soda cans and other trash left in the trucks. I don't know who's doing it (driver? unloader?) but i see it every day and it pisses me off.
Always a bottle or wrapper hidden in the load of the feeder when im unloading. I'm always thinking, "Damn, I wish that mf was full!"

FilingBluesFL

I'd like you all to meet Robbie. Robbie is MY preloader. He's just absolutely delicious! He knows how to handle all the BIG packages like a real professional! We have been able to develop a very... "intimate" relationship over the years. It's led to an absolutely declicious new path in life, that I will never regret following.

Robbie likes long walks on the beach, in a tight speedo. He's a Sagitarius, and he won't take NO for an answer! He's 6' tall, has beautiful dark brown hair under that knit cap, and boy, can you say COWBOY?!

His other interests are baby oil, candle lit dinner, and whipped cream! What a man!

ups.jpg
ups.jpg

bumped

well as a preloader i can honestly say i respond positively to treats. if you gave me a donut i would be sure to do an extra good job!

​of course i do a good job anyway...

Jackburton knows what his preloader likes, because the wrappers and cans are left in it.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I know most of my preloaders. They rotate ours from time to time. (not sure why) I know most of their habits so that way I know where to look in my truck for packages when they aren't where they are supposed to be. It's a pretty decent crew, though they have their days.