Drivers in my center mad because they are forced to take lunch.

wayfair

swollen member
Some drivers hate those that skip lunch... It's like dude you wanna take your lunch I don't...mind your own business and live your life I'll live mine

Those are the guys that have a route AND take their lunch and when approached about why they are an hour over because the cover guy did it in so or so time...

wayfair

swollen member
Why not? I do 4 to 6 trips a day and on cold winter days the center is a very convenient warm location with a table to sit at.
4-6 trips a day?
I could guess at maybe the third trip, maybe the fourth trip would be an ideal time to take your lunch/meal.

Holydriver

Those are the guys that have a route AND take their lunch and when approached about why they are an hour over because the cover guy did it in so or so time...
If they don't want a cover driver covering their route then they should work daily. Don't want to work daily? Then deal with the results of the cover driver. It's not really that hard to reply to management like this "oh, johny cover driver did it an hour faster? Well my name is Jimmy bid route driver, not johny cover driver...."

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
If they don't want a cover driver covering their route then they should work daily. Don't want to work daily? Then deal with the results of the cover driver. It's not really that hard to reply to management like this "oh, johny cover driver did it an hour faster? Well my name is Jimmy bid route driver, not johny cover driver...."
Well said sir, well said.

I take a day off when I damn well please, if a cover driver does it an " hour faster" than me.., well he probably friend'd up about 25 things, got 5 concerns, and pissed off 10 major accounts , needless to say he did not gas up my truck, and I have pkgs that are shipper release that say NI 1 on them.....but management will never hear a word about this....because I'm not a rat. I'm old school. It's all good......

1pocket73

4-6 trips a day?
I could guess at maybe the third trip, maybe the fourth trip would be an ideal time to take your lunch/meal.
Combo job.Feeder/package car.I do dump stops in the morning and Amazon trailers in the afternoon.They are forcing me to take 30 consecutive minutes a day.So after my morning dump stops I combine my 10 minute break and 20 minutes worth of lunch(sometimes more).The most important part of what I do is stop for coffee at different places a few times a day.I have always found coffee to be a warm pacifier in such a cold harsh environment........

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Those days are over. The Runner-Gunners can't make up the time...ha ha ha!

Maybe they will stop being big pussa's afraid of a little OJS.

Holydriver

Well said sir, well said.

I take a day off when I damn well please, if a cover driver does it an " hour faster" than me.., well he probably friend'd up about 25 things, got 5 concerns, and :censored2: off 10 major accounts , needless to say he did not gas up my truck, and I have pkgs that are shipper release that say NI 1 on them.....but management will never hear a word about this....because I'm not a rat. I'm old school. It's all good......
It sounds like you management needs to teach cover drivers how to actually do the job

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I take my lunch too because I need the money. And I miss my family time. As such I'm probably just going to quit UPS and find a less time consuming job. It's fuxxing ridiculous.

But the lunch debate is something I don't understand. Some drivers hate those that skip lunch... It's like dude you wanna take your lunch I don't...mind your own business and live your life I'll live mine

The problem with bid drivers skipping their lunches is that cover drivers may be expected to do the same.

wayfair

swollen member

yea, but according to his time card, while he was on lunch he (cover driver)delivered 24 stops. But on the OR it shows he clocked out at 7pm, but I met him at chili's at 6pm... falsified timecards