DRIVERS ONLY READ, WANT A RAISE, DO THIS.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
It's called a civil lawsuit.
A person like you it is common practice to lie to your employees. Put it in writing and dont do it, you can be sued.

Wanna take a guess at how much stuff at FedEx Express is in writing? (most of it) .
Wanna take a guess at how much of it changes? (most of it)
Wanna take a guess at how much of it a lawyer would actually file suit over? (practically none of it)

Leverage. Something that is hard for you to comprehend.

How hard is it to replace the average Ground driver? Is the average Ground driver dumb enough to walk off his job right before Christmas?

It will be fine

Wanna take a guess at how much stuff at FedEx Express is in writing? (most of it) .
Wanna take a guess at how much of it changes? (most of it)
Wanna take a guess at how much of it a lawyer would actually file suit over? (practically none of it)

How hard is it to replace the average Ground driver? Is the average Ground driver dumb enough to walk off his job right before Christmas?
I have a feeling most driver’s wives would smack them upside the head if they quit their job right before Christmas.

FedGT

This is coming from a current business owner, former X contractor(employee).
IF YOU VALUE YOURSELF AND ARE A GOOD WORKER DO THIS....

1. Get all your coworker drivers together 2 weeks before thanksgiving to discuss how to get a raise.
2. All of you submit a 2 weeks notice.
3. Tell the maroon contractor you got a better opportunity.

The contractor will try to do the following:
1. Give you bonuses based on performance and attendance.
2.PROMISE you a raise and paid time off.

Do not fall for it. Demand a higher wage. Whatever you want. Be sure to get it in writing. Get a gaurenteed bonus based only on attendance.
You will get more than what you had. The contractor has no choice.
Now there will be some contractors on here that will lie, and claim they will fire you or hire someone else. IF YOU ARE A GOOD WORKER, THE CONTRACTOR WILL BE BLOWING YOUR PHONE UP BEGGING YOU. To be honest you can be an average driver and still get practically everything you want.
Pass this on to your buddies. If you feel you are not making enough, espeacially with no benefits, you have nothing to lose.
Cut and post this to Facebook, social media, pass it on.
Just look at other posts on this forum, contractors a making a LOT of $$$$$$ during peak, get what you deserve.

Also all drivers keep in mind that this guy failed miserably and now wants to try to screw everyone else that actually is ok or successful contracting with ground just because he couldn’t hack it. If you respect you contractor and are getting paid don’t try to threaten them, that goes for any employee/boss situation. Respectfully ask for a raise and if you are worth it you’ll get one. It won’t go the way you want threatening. *since we are adding disclaimers:
This comes from a successful multi business owner.

Only one time did I have that scenario pop up and I respectfully let them know if they really wanted to have that conversation that they could get out of my tuck now. He ended up being one of my best drivers and after changing his attitude and work ethic was one of my highest paid employees.

Exec32

Also all drivers keep in mind that this guy failed miserably and now wants to try to screw everyone else that actually is ok or successful contracting with ground just because he couldn’t hack it. If you respect you contractor and are getting paid don’t try to threaten them, that goes for any employee/boss situation. Respectfully ask for a raise and if you are worth it you’ll get one. It won’t go the way you want threatening. *since we are adding disclaimers:
This comes from a successful multi business owner.

Only one time did I have that scenario pop up and I respectfully let them know if they really wanted to have that conversation that they could get out of my tuck now. He ended up being one of my best drivers and after changing his attitude and work ethic was one of my highest paid employees.
All you drivers keep in mind that Fedex GT is probably a contractor. I have been transparent and disclosed that I am a former contractor. I employed drivers like you, however I provided a reasonable wage by keeping fixed and variable costs down.
For the record Fedex failed miserably and I held them accountable. You will not witness that at your terminal because your owner and all the other contractors are weak and have no respect for you as an employee. They believe you can be replaced easily, that your job takes no skill. Read some post on this forum you will see.
Trust this if you want and deserve a raise you have to demand it from these crooks. Use your leverage, request a raise right before peak, if they dont give it, go to next contractor that will. You do not have benefits, you do not owe the contractor anything, take care of your families. Fedex GT is one of those crooks, he is not looking out for your best interest.
Tell all your buddies to join this forum so they can be informed.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Respectfully ask for a raise and if you are worth it you’ll get one.

Use your leverage, request a raise right before peak, if they dont give it, go to next contractor that will.

Peak is over. But you can always do what GT said above anytime.

Don't demand things until you've proven your worth it. If they're too blind to see your value, Then move on to the next subcontractor who seen your work ethic and track record and ask if there's room in his or her company.

bacha29

Don't demand things until you've proven your worth it. If they're too blind to see your value, Then move on to the next subcontractor who seen your work ethic and track record and ask if there's room in his or her company.
While everyone including myself commends you to the highest level for your production and your reliability the fact of the matter is Orion that the investor class you work for is making an absolute killing off of you and what will you have in the end?

1. First will come the inflammation. You'll first try over the counter NSAID medication until it's no longer effective Then you'll ask your doctor for prescription
strength NSAID's such as Meloxicam and or other similar pain medication.

2. Next comes the cartilage destruction.

3. When the cartilage is worn away it will simply be bone grinding against bone at which time you'll start looking for pain relief any place you can find it
until you are ready to come to terms with the fact that you can't do that job anymore and pursue joint replacement surgery.

4. With no employer sponsored or funded healthcare, pension or disability plan you'll simply be disposed of and some other unsuspecting slug will be right
there ready to replace you .........It's all simply a matter of time.

Exec32

They will always be too blind to give you a livable wage. If you come to work and never know what time you will be done, working 50-60 hours a week. If you dont have benefits. If you dont earn overtime. If your boss keeps deducting money from you. If you dont get paid to load your truck. If you are constantly delaid by your terminal. You have proven your worth if you still work for them.
Make no mistake, you dont have to wait till peak to request a raise. As a matter of fact do it whenever you like, then at peak ask for another one..

bacha29

Hey there Mr. IWBF. So you find my previous post funny do you? I challenge you to disclose right here and now just exactly what in the way of an employer funded benefit plan you're providing your employees with. ....... The answer we already know is nothing. You're just another scab contractor. We all know it.

The events I described in the above post are exactly what happened to me. Knowing that I would never be given enough money by XG to provide my employees with the wage and income protection benefits they would EARN for themselves I wasn't about to send them out there and have what happened to me happen to them.

I wasn't willing to STOOP to the level you have just to line my own pockets at the expense of the health and future well being of the people I would be dependent on.

bacha29

Finding my previous post funny Mister IWBF is simply a testament to your own ignorance and an admission on your part that your wages are bottom of the scale and a benefit package is nonexistent.

It will be fine

Finding my previous post funny Mister IWBF is simply a testament to your own ignorance and an admission on your part that your wages are bottom of the scale and a benefit package is nonexistent.
Somehow everyone that works for me currently has been here for a few years already, several over a decade. I must treat them horribly and they have nowhere to go in the current labor market, lulz.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
@bacha29 ,

STFXG said:
I will say with that amount of dedication I’d salary you at $700 per week.

I will politely turn that offer down in a heartbeat...

My subcontractor group was compensating me over $1000 - 1300 a week... because I exceeded my 90 stop threshold for this rural route daily

Maybe it's still not enough in express or UPS eyes, but it's way better since I have zero stress on my rural route. I also use the 2wheeler... no way would I try to be the hulk and risk injury