DRIVERS ONLY READ, WANT A RAISE, DO THIS.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Knowing that I would never be given enough money by XG to provide my employees with the wage and income protection benefits they would EARN for themselves I wasn't about to send them out there and have what happened to me happen to them.

I wasn't willing to STOOP to the level you have just to line my own pockets at the expense of the health and future well being of the people I would be dependent on.

How many employees does a single route owner/operator need?

FedGT

All you drivers keep in mind that Fedex GT is probably a contractor. I have been transparent and disclosed that I am a former contractor. I employed drivers like you, however I provided a reasonable wage by keeping fixed and variable costs down.
For the record Fedex failed miserably and I held them accountable. You will not witness that at your terminal because your owner and all the other contractors are weak and have no respect for you as an employee. They believe you can be replaced easily, that your job takes no skill. Read some post on this forum you will see.
Trust this if you want and deserve a raise you have to demand it from these crooks. Use your leverage, request a raise right before peak, if they dont give it, go to next contractor that will. You do not have benefits, you do not owe the contractor anything, take care of your families. Fedex GT is one of those crooks, he is not looking out for your best interest.
Tell all your buddies to join this forum so they can be informed.

If you were not so lost in your self grandeur you would know my status of being a former contractor but you can’t seem to get past yourself. You can try to demean others here and try to act like you are on the high road. Pure and simple you failed your investment. You could have found out what you were into before you got in but failed. You could have structured better so that you could offer benefits and better wages but failed. I still have 5 of my old driver reaching out to work for me because of what was provided for them. I have never failed an investment before and until I do, I could care less of what a failure thinks of me.

FedGT

Also before you call someone a crook you may want to remember you signed a contract to provide delivery service to hundreds if not thousands of people.
Since you “fired FedEx” (bunch of :censored2:). You failed them along with everything else when you failed to supply them with the packages they wanted and or needed. So who is the crook without the morale compass?? Can’t have it both ways.
Don’t think I could be any more transparent. There are few here that actually give the full pros as well as cons. They are the ones people looking for answers should take a little more as realistic.

bacha29

Somehow everyone that works for me currently has been here for a few years already, several over a decade. I must treat them horribly and they have nowhere to go in the current labor market, lulz.
Translating contractorspeak ....."Several"....translation.....3. "Few years"......translation.....2 .

Exec32

If you were not so lost in your self grandeur you would know my status of being a former contractor but you can’t seem to get past yourself. You can try to demean others here and try to act like you are on the high road. Pure and simple you failed your investment. You could have found out what you were into before you got in but failed. You could have structured better so that you could offer benefits and better wages but failed. I still have 5 of my old driver reaching out to work for me because of what was provided for them. I have never failed an investment before and until I do, I could care less of what a failure thinks of me.
Cute, you called it failed and an investment. Keep trying. Dont drink before you post.

Exec32

Also before you call someone a crook you may want to remember you signed a contract to provide delivery service to hundreds if not thousands of people.
Since you “fired FedEx” (bunch of :censored2:). You failed them along with everything else when you failed to supply them with the packages they wanted and or needed. So who is the crook without the morale compass?? Can’t have it both ways.
Don’t think I could be any more transparent. There are few here that actually give the full pros as well as cons. They are the ones people looking for answers should take a little more as realistic.

First, you are a X troll.
My company experienced, harassment, fraud, and interference to name a few. It had nothing to do with our service genius. X provided substandard service with the intent to harm my company. While all this occurred contractors (crooks) were given assurances that they would benefit from this.
There are NO PROS, that's the truth, unless you are X, or a slimy contractor with no values or principles or self worth. Which were you?
So, yes I will call you or anybody else a crook that conducts themselves like one. Morale compass? You have got to be joking. X contractors.dont have a morale compass, that's why I terminated YOUR company.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

FedGT

Cute, you called it failed and an investment. Keep trying. Dont drink before you post.

Maybe this will help even though it isn’t in picture book form:
investment
[in-vest-muh nt]
  1. the investing of money or capital in order to gain profitable returns, as interest, income,or appreciation in value.
Many others here bought routes, we ran them and made profits (sorry, money) we than got tired of it and sold for exponentially more than it was bought for (much monies).

First, you are a X troll.
My company experienced, harassment, fraud, and interference to name a few. It had nothing to do with our service genius. X provided substandard service with the intent to harm my company. While all this occurred contractors (crooks) were given assurances that they would benefit from this.
There are NO PROS, that's the truth, unless you are X, or a slimy contractor with no values or principles or self worth. Which were you?
So, yes I will call you or anybody else a crook that conducts themselves like one. Morale compass? You have got to be joking. X contractors.dont have a morale compass, that's why I terminated YOUR company.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

You can’t say anyone one is a troll “pot meet kettle”. You also have no idea what anyone has wrote hear whether it is negative or positive either because you don’t take time to have an actual discussion or can’t see because you’re heads so far up your own ass.

I’m sure that you were just so great of a business men that X just couldn’t stand your efficiency, and route running abilities!! “What a god of transportation, we must not let him sell, we must punish him for trying to take away this divine company, one of which we will likely never see again”

Good hell man, do you really think anyone here believes that you ran things so good that X hated you for it. Nope, probability is your company was less than a shadow of what you described. You tried to skirt many rules and made management deal with hell. Eventually you were much more trouble than you were worth. For all it is worth I do fully believe, you believe your company was a god send but that is just because of the narcassism of which you post.

Exec32

investment
[in-vest-muh nt]
  1. the investing of money or capital in order to gain profitable returns, as interest, income,or appreciation in value.
Many others here bought routes, we ran them and made profits (sorry, money) we than got tired of it and sold for exponentially more than it was bought for (much monies).

You can’t say anyone one is a troll “pot meet kettle”. You also have no idea what anyone has wrote hear whether it is negative or positive either because you don’t take time to have an actual discussion or can’t see because you’re heads so far up your own ass.

I’m sure that you were just so great of a business men that X just couldn’t stand your efficiency, and route running abilities!! “What a god of transportation, we must not let him sell, we must punish him for trying to take away this divine company, one of which we will likely never see again”

Good hell man, do you really think anyone here believes that you ran things so good that X hated you for it. Nope, probability is your company was less than a shadow of what you described. You tried to skirt many rules and made management deal with hell. Eventually you were much more trouble than you were worth. For all it is worth I do fully believe, you believe your company was a god send but that is just because of the narcassism of which you post.
Like I said X troll.
You fit well....

FedGT

Oh I forgot, you're suppose to own your investment..hahahah

Hilarious............

I did and then sold it because I owned it and unlike you the sale went through and made over double my investment......so I guess......
Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Exec32

investment
[in-vest-muh nt]

Let me break it down to you.
First all my trucks were paid for. I didn't run supplemental. I gave all paid holidays and two weeks vacation and all my drivers were paid better than any driver in the terminal. What guys like you hate are guys like me that get it done my way, not you and your boss X way.
I created our manifest nightly, sorted packages each morning between three entities and everyone recieved the benefit. Boys like you were buying new sh#t trucks (chevy) and wondering why your guys couldn't do 60 in town stops. Boys like you brought biscuits and donughts for the TM and begged not to get dinged on taking out a mailbox. You guys are clowns.
Skirt rules? Seriously, you been doing this long enough to know that only you boys could skirt rules.
Lastly, X didn't let me sell, because the TM had a buyer in wait. I'm sure you've seen that before, right.
And yes I am the GODSEND OF TRANSPORTATION!!!!!!!

FedGT

Thanks for proving my point. First off to quote your post I doubt any of us hate you.......... we just don’t like or respect you.

So for doing it “your way” you spent multiple hours of additional work at night to do things that didn’t matter to anyone but you and didn’t make any money, you sorted out other people’s trucks which is the only benefit X gives (which is a :censored2: show but still the only thing they do) and a complete waste of resources, you whined about not being able to pay what you wanted and other stuff about money but so far you have proved that you were watering down your own hourly take.

To also prove your opinions worthless again. I had 1 cargo van which manager drove, 2 p-1000 that were backups (1998 that either me or my manager drove and a 2007), 9 freightliners (2004, 2006, 2006, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012, 2012, 2013) and an international 4300 24’ bulk truck (2007). Never begged or gave anyone anything, don’t have to when you are good at what you do and don’t make waves. Went from 3 actual PSAs when I first bought in, to 6 within 3 years (had enough shortly after)being awarded 2 and was the fastest growing entity in the terminal. Typically averaged 700-750 stops per day 3,000+ packages structured to hit max threshold every day which made solid money on my supplementals. Also won a best in business.
I wasn’t wasting my time, energy, and resources doing others jobs. I am a businessman not a lackey, I was in it to make money and that is what happened. I guess that is my way of contracting, doing the job and making money.

TM doesn’t have the pull to make a sale not go through. It requires further ups.

deadman

Maybe there is something i'm missing here as i'm just an x driver but wouldn't it make more sense to find a solution advantageous to both parties?

I understand the isp/contractor side of you get a raise when i get a raise but i also get the driver side of more volume equals more money and i want to be compensated for that.

The contractor is taking all the risk in this business, the best solution ive found with my boss personally was to relieve some of the risk in exchange for more reward. ie my one year raise rather than a straight day rate increase was a per p/s rate above a threshold and a % of oversize package pay. in exchange i took a section off of a supplement driver who is currently in a panel van so we don't have to buy a new truck.

This solution means if the company does well my pay increases more than what it would have on straight raise, and my boss mitigates some risk that if the company does poorly as well as saves some money if in the immediate term.

Would appreciate if anyone here has ever done any agreements like this would let me know how it turned out.

FedGT

Maybe there is something i'm missing here as i'm just an x driver but wouldn't it make more sense to find a solution advantageous to both parties?

I understand the isp/contractor side of you get a raise when i get a raise but i also get the driver side of more volume equals more money and i want to be compensated for that.

The contractor is taking all the risk in this business, the best solution ive found with my boss personally was to relieve some of the risk in exchange for more reward. ie my one year raise rather than a straight day rate increase was a per p/s rate above a threshold and a % of oversize package pay. in exchange i took a section off of a supplement driver who is currently in a panel van so we don't have to buy a new truck.

This solution means if the company does well my pay increases more than what it would have on straight raise, and my boss mitigates some risk that if the company does poorly as well as saves some money if in the immediate term.

Would appreciate if anyone here has ever done any agreements like this would let me know how it turned out.
THANK YOU!!!!

I never went into a pay per stop bonus exactly but if they were regularly going over what was nessessary and would ask if I needed them to do more or just let me know they could handle whatever was needed they would get a raise fairly frequently. If we were two drivers down and they took on some of the load I’d typically give them an extra $50+ on the day as a thank you. Your contractor sounds like he takes a similar approach (more complex with higher highs and lower lows in regards to day to day pay) and you have proven yourself and earned the money and respect.

deadman

THANK YOU!!!!

I never went into a pay per stop bonus exactly but if they were regularly going over what was nessessary and would ask if I needed them to do more or just let me know they could handle whatever was needed they would get a raise fairly frequently. If we were two drivers down and they took on some of the load I’d typically give them an extra $50+ on the day as a thank you. Your contractor sounds like he takes a similar approach (more complex with higher highs and lower lows in regards to day to day pay) and you have proven yourself and earned the money and respect.

I have a background in dsd (frito-lay) im used to 60-70 hour weeks. So taking more volume has never been an issue now that im averaging 40 or so per week. The main issue that keeps coming up is my bosses unwillingness to put his foot down with some of our other drivers. As an example we currently have 3 trucks that are being run out of nissan 2500s that should be in sprinters... minimum and resulting in more nissan 2500s....
current fleet comp is 10 nissans 1 sprinter 1 p250 and 2 p1000s.

My boss is an extremely nice guy just sometimes to the detriment of others....

FedGT

I have a background in dsd (frito-lay) im used to 60-70 hour weeks. So taking more volume has never been an issue now that im averaging 40 or so per week. The main issue that keeps coming up is my bosses unwillingness to put his foot down with some of our other drivers. As an example we currently have 3 trucks that are being run out of nissan 2500s that should be in sprinters... minimum and resulting in more nissan 2500s....
current fleet comp is 10 nissans 1 sprinter 1 p250 and 2 p1000s.

My boss is an extremely nice guy just sometimes to the detriment of others....
It is the definite trade off. If you aren’t in the position to boot someone out the door at a given time you have to take what you can get even though the other drivers see “special treatment” for the prick.
I never ran any HD but I did have a nissan NV 1500 as a manager extra truck. With the size of packages continually getting bigger I can’t believe anyone has a fleet of them, just way to small and not cheaper than a promaster high roof, even that I don’t think I’d want a fleet of. Definitely doing himself a disservice with overlap on the way. Not going to be very many situations where less than a P-1000 will be effective.

deadman

It is the definite trade off. If you aren’t in the position to boot someone out the door at a given time you have to take what you can get even though the other drivers see “special treatment” for the prick.
I never ran any HD but I did have a nissan NV 1500 as a manager extra truck. With the size of packages continually getting bigger I can’t believe anyone has a fleet of them, just way to small and not cheaper than a promaster high roof, even that I don’t think I’d want a fleet of. Definitely doing himself a disservice with overlap on the way. Not going to be very many situations where less than a P-1000 will be effective.

most of those vans are maxed on their capacity, i did a redraw of the territory figured if we upgraded 3 of the trucks and moved things around just a bit we could eliminate the need for the 2 more people he wants to hire as well as consolidate routes so he would need 3 less people.

the problem is all of the van drivers dont want to upgrade truck sizes as it would mean more work....