Drivers: Your Every Day Carry (not guns!)

DeliveryMachine

Carry extra boots and socks. We had a hard rain here 1 morning and my feet were soaked by 12. I stopped and took off my shoes and socks and let my feet air dry then put on my fresh socks and boots. Literally made a world of difference. You let your feet get wet and it can ruin a day

TheBrownNote

Good thing I wore my brown pants
You going into battle

Most everywhere I’ve been if your hurt bad enough to need 2 military first aid kits

You call 911

i used to get crap about having a full trauma med kit on me, until one of our drivers got bit by a dug in the upper thigh. got his artery. the Driver had to use his belt as a tourniquet. that literally saved his life. people don't say anything anymore

flappybutt

A water bottle with a flip down straw to keep dust out, a spyderco tenacious knife, a bluetooth headset, info notices and pen, and a lunch box stuffed with a thousand calories and water.

Zowert

On my person:
LED Pen Light
Battlevision (growing a mullet to fit the look)
3” Collapsing blade
Red Sharpie
InfoNotices
iPhone

In a backpack:
Water
A couple MREs
Rain jacket
Extra socks & underwear
Phone charger
Heavy flashlight
Wet wipes
Hundred bucks in cash
Small first aid kit

Zowert

...and a few of the assorted paper labels for those super random pickups that don't have a label.

I just want to scream when I show up to on demand pick ups where the boxes don’t have labels. I’ll throw a couple of the old school shipping labels at them, tell the customer to fill it out, then take off and come back later in the day to pick it up (if it’s a resi).

KoennenTiger

I keep a tote with glass cleaner, a first aid kit, a pair of gloves, paper towels, paper shipping forms, international shipping bags, a few extra bottles of water, a Gatorade, some old granola bars I should check the exp date on, an old rain jacket with some holes in it, rolaids, gold bond butt powder, a roll of toilet paper ... Hmm what else I can't remember.

Oh yeah a tape gun. I have to hide it in the to plastic bin with a lid so the preload sup stops stealing it out of my tote, I also use the tote. Lol actually I think I have three tape guns cause I got really sick and tired of the gosh darn part time sups stealing my tape gun when I forget to hide it in my plastic bin.

I also have a winter jacket and rain jacket I hang on my DR release bags, plus another winter jacket I stuff in with my bin and tote (for my yearly driver helper). Then I keep some more paper towels out, along with more rolaids, a flashlight, info notices, pens, and a nice sharp five inch long "tool" in case the next crazy hobbo who climbs into my truck when I'm stopped by the hobo village doesn't just want a soda from my lunch bag.

Utility81

I see there's a similar post from over 10 years ago, but a lot has changed (doubt many of you are carrying XM radios, for example), so I wanted to start an updated thread. I am brand spankin new to this, so nothing from me yet.

So what do you make sure you carry everyday, on your person and in your car?

Feel free to be super detailed, too, e.g. I like 32Cool undies and Magnum boots.
In my tote I keep a first aid kit with bandaids and neosporin. JBL Flip 4. A spare belt(sometimes forget to put one on and using plastic wrap sucks).

Lunch box-water, Gatorade and Grizzly

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
RYOBI 18-Volt ONE+ Hybrid Stereo with Bluetooth Wireless Technology (Tool Only)-P746 - The Home Depot
26DAD795-631B-488F-9EB0-F24C5110B2C5.jpeg

Ghost in the Darkness

Backpack with anything I might need, and water for the day.
I don't leave personal belongings in the truck because we have cover drivers who don't respect other people's stuff and I would rather not get fired for punching someone out.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
are you talking just package or can feeder play.

after the earthquake in the bay area during the world series I started carrying enough in case i would be out for several days , sleeping bag , beef jerky , extra water and a back pack full of other stuff. also tools for simple repairs.

Dumbo

The company is required to provide all the equipment I need to do my job.
A failure to provide said equipment is Management's problem. Not mine.

I'm just messing with ya.

Really though I think the point is what you bring to make the day more enjoyable or easier on yourself. Of course you don't need your phone but I'm going to bring it to contact my family. I like a radio to make my day more enjoyable.