Drivers: Your Every Day Carry (not guns!)

Overpaid Union Thug

Probably an Eagle Scout ;)
Nah. Never was a Boy Scout. Just like to be prepared and I’ve been caught empty handed far too many times in the past.
Things have changed.

All packed into a daily carry.

I like it.

The only thing I see missing (with any driver) is a pair of rubbers.

Nothing worse.... than wet pair of feet.

A pair of socks is what’s missing. I do carry an extra pair of shoes when it’s raining all day or snow is accumulated. But not in my EDC bag. They won’t fit. :thumbdown

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Nah. Never was a Boy Scout. Just like to be prepared and I’ve been caught empty handed far too many times in the past.

Like I’ve said. Been doing this job for 15 years. Have never had a single day that I couldn’t finish the job needing anything more than what the company provides me.

I mean to each their own. No sweat off my back.

Overpaid Union Thug

Like I’ve said. Been doing this job for 15 years. Have never had a single day that I couldn’t finish the job needing anything more than what the company provides me.

You still have plenty of time left in your career. Trust me...you'll need at least a few of the items on my list eventually. And I'm sure I'll add a couple as well. Hopefully before I actually need them.

542thruNthru

Before I had my own route I always just brought a backpack with pens,info notices and a Thomas guide.

Now with my own route I just leave a tote full of stuff in the truck.

Overpaid Union Thug

Before I had my own route I always just brought a backpack with pens,info notices and a Thomas guide.

Now with my own route I just leave a tote full of stuff in the truck.

I tried that with my first bid route and it worked out well.....until I was on vacation and my supplies were raided by unprepared cover drivers. Which I wouldn't have minded as long as they'd replace them if they take the last item. But I guess that's expecting too much from a bunch of clowns that destroy/trash the trucks (not to mention the restroom) on a weekly basis. :itwashim3::taz:

I wish I had started carrying the bag when I was an unassigned driver. It would have made life much easier.

542thruNthru

I tried that with my first bid route and it worked out well.....until I was on vacation and my supplies were raided by unprepared cover drivers. Which I wouldn't have minded as long as they'd replace them if they take the last item. But I guess that's expecting too much from a bunch of clowns that destroy/trash the trucks (not to mention the restroom) on a weekly basis. :itwashim3::taz:

I wish I had started carrying the bag when I was an unassigned driver. It would have made life much easier.

That's why you spend the extra money for a tote you can put a lock on.
HeavyDutyContainersPortfolio2.jpg

542thruNthru

Lmao

Why? Did this for a long time never saw the need to carry a whole bag of unnecessary crap around

I brought a pair of coveralls if it was below zero sometimes

To each their own but I use mine for lot of different things.
Info notices
Pens
Plastic forks and knifes I get from the deli on my route.
Napkin (mainly for allergies and needing to blow my nose)
Salt/pepper packets from deli
Sun screen for summer.
Rain coat because I never check the weather.
Contract book
Grievances
Note book of all times I'm in the office/daily numbers stops/miles/on area delays

That's about it. Maybe a couple other things. Tote cost me $15 and the lock was like $2 and I've had it for 5 years.

Granted if I couldn't keep a tote I wouldn't bring any of this stuff. Comfort is king my friend.

By the way, where we watching the games tomorrow?

Overpaid Union Thug

To each their own but I use mine for lot of different things.
Info notices
Pens
Plastic forks and knifes I get from the deli on my route.
Napkin (mainly for allergies and needing to blow my nose)
Salt/pepper packets from deli
Sun screen for summer.
Rain coat because I never check the weather.
Contract book
Grievances
Note book of all times I'm in the office/daily numbers stops/miles/on area delays

That's about it. Maybe a couple other things. Tote cost me $15 and the lock was like $2 and I've had it for 5 years.

Granted if I couldn't keep a tote I wouldn't bring any of this stuff. Comfort is king my friend.

By the way, where we watching the games tomorrow?

That tote would eventually end up destroyed or missing in my center. If the preloaders didn’t do it then a cover driver would. If it’s in the truck and not a package the preload tends to not GAF what happens to it because in their minds it shouldn’t be there and is in their way. Some of the cover drivers are as bad.

Last edited:

Overpaid Union Thug

Lmao

Why? Did this for a long time never saw the need to carry a whole bag of unnecessary crap around

I brought a pair of coveralls if it was below zero sometimes
I’ve used each and every item in my bag at least a couple of times and a few every day. That doesn’t sound like a bunch of unnecessary crap at all. A pain in the ass to carry? Yes. But luckily I don’t work in a hub so I don’t have to carry it very far from the parking lot to my truck.