driving comfort

postalguy

Do you UPS drivers have much in the way of items such as cupholders, clothes hangers, or other "comfort" items in your vehicles? If not, would you purchase these things if they were available? I am looking into developing such products and would appreciate your feedback. Thanks.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Interesting thought. Comfort items in the truck.

How about a porta potty.

In most package cars we have cup holders installed in the newer ones, in the older ones usually between the heater outlet and the instrument box is good.

Clothes hangers, well in many we do have a hook behind the bulkhead door. If not the shelf right behind the driver works well. Not too worried about wrinkles when it will have 1/2 inch of dust on it by the end of the day.

One of the problems with buying said items is getting UPS to allow modification of the car for the add ons. In some centers, even a hang on calendar is frowned upon, so screwing something into the dash or bulkhead might be hard.

Anyway, what type of other items you thinking bout selling? Also, what is your background. Anybody that has enough gumption to sell UPS drivers on creature comfort items..........

d PS hey Ms, what about those leather fingerless gloves they had for 3.95? I love them.

helenofcalifornia

I would like something to put all the paperwork in other than the usual paperclips or whatever they are called (bullclips?). The old, big DIAD holder that we no longer use works well now as a "Info Note" nad napkin holder. And for "stuff" I use the USPS plastic white box on the shelf behind the driver's seat. Kinda like a purse.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Helen

We use a bag that has two large handles on it. There is a large clear window on the front for tags and paper work to be visible in. The top opens up for extra pens, delivery notice pads, etc. They hang really nice on the heater knobs on the P1000's. That way, any paperwork like pickup sheets can be placed in the front. They used to have the paper pickup listing in the front, but no longer need them.

If I get a chance, will get a photo of one of them. Our center bought them years ago, and they just last and last.

d

old levi's

blank space
Comfort Items ! Are you kidding me? We have the standard issue green canvas upholstery seat mounted on a 2.5 inch square steel post with no adjustment up and down or forward and back. It's too close to the steering wheel but you have to live with it because ( no adjustment). The swivel mount on the fan is shot so it blows straight down to the floor. Nice, when you pass out from the heat and hit the deck plate face first. BLOWS RIGHT ON YOU THEN. Windshield has been cracked for years; they won't repalce it.
The rubber gasket around the windshield leaks so badly that at the first sign of a storm cloud you stop and toss your paperwork in the back. Scheduled for repair-not in my lifetime though. Yes, we have comfort items; in our dreams.

:mad:

Last edited:

DS

Fenderbender
Can you get these? and put the logo on?
They would be great to have while driving,
just slip out of `em and into your work boots
every stop.
upsslippers.jpg

aspenleaf

Those are cute DS but wouldn't all that time slipping in and out of them make you run over? I think you'll get those when I get a fan in my area!:tongue_sm

UnderPaidSucka

I need a controlled climate container for my hemroid cream. Enough to store a weeks worth.
One question, how the hell does one keeps the pen in their pocket.
I guess Im not bending at my knees enough, cause when i bend over everthing falls out. Info notice, pen, preperation H tube.

Dutch Dawg

I could go for a logo'd minifridge DVD player combo with multiple outlets for my cell phone, laptop, and power invertor. It'd have to be pretty compact though as I'd hate to give up any more of my sleeping space. Can do?

dave_socal

PACKAGE/FEEDER
Do you UPS drivers have much in the way of items such as cupholders, clothes hangers, or other "comfort" items in your vehicles? If not, would you purchase these things if they were available? I am looking into developing such products and would appreciate your feedback. Thanks.
In answer to your question we procure what we need for comfort but if you want to develope something you should contact Corporate Express they sell UPS licensed items like pens, mugs, t-shirts, sportbags and stuff like that. I had a package car set up sweet with wired in am/fm cd player my adjustable cupholder, nice size fan even though I delivered by the beach it was never over 90 too often,also carried a small folding chair to park and eat lunch under a nice shade tree and then there was my box of stuff which reminds me we should make it a "UPS MAN LAW"#40 What is in your box... I carried Tape, wetnaps, lipbalm,cream, toothpaste and brush,hand cream, tissue, deoderant,band-aids,gum,cutters,diad stylus,ink pens,del notes,pictures of family,Maxim magazine and some brown ups paint for those minor scratches LOL

Last edited:
B

BROWN OBSERVER

HOW ABOUT SOMETHING THAT CAN HANDLE A PORTABLE HAMMOCK? THEN A TIMER SET INTO THE LATCH THAT RELEASES AFTER 30 MIN OR AN HOUR......AND YOU CRASH INTO THE FLOOR IF YOU OVERNAP....

helenofcalifornia

Dude!!! What about all the dog biscuits??? The dogs on my route and I are one. They know me, I know them. I forgot, that box takes up alot of space in my USPS box. And how many trucks have I gone in that have not Maxim, but a bunch of Golf or car magazines. Not many women leave their Glamour or Vogue or In Style mags in their trucks.

keith lestrange

yes i would,ihave purchased a cell fone holder,coffee cup holder in the past but only for other ****ers (drivers) to steal them so its prob not worth it