Drug test

F

Frankie's Friend

Im too paranoid as a package car driver to even do drugs. Like you drive a company owned vehicle for a living. That right right there should be enough to no do it.
For people who dont take their job for granted it should be.

But for those who need a little buzz to get them through the day their focus is in a different direction.

F

Frankie's Friend

You are correct, in a way.

They are not testing for diabetes per se.

They are testing for indicators of diabetes.

Turn that test strip the wrong color, and off you go for further testing for diabetes.
They're testing for any underlying negative condition including a sugar reading that's abnormal and that may show a pre or existing diabetes problem and/or blood in the urine as well.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
They're testing for any underlying negative condition including a sugar reading that's abnormal and that may show a pre or existing diabetes problem and/or blood in the urine as well.

Didn't want to get too technical, just that there are certain markers that may indicate diabetes, and the test strip checks for those.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
How would diabetes prevent you from doing the job?

Untreated or poorly treated diabetes can lead to seizures and/or unconsciousness.

Not good for anyone, but really not good if you are driving a big, heavy commercial motor vehicle or a semi.

How many people could get hurt or die if a diabetic has a seizure while driving.

Diabetes needs to be proven that it is well controlled in order to get a waiver to drive a CMV.

F

Frankie's Friend

Untreated or poorly treated diabetes can lead to seizures and/or unconsciousness.

Not good for anyone, but really not good if you are driving a big, heavy commercial motor vehicle or a semi.

How many people could get hurt or die if a diabetic has a seizure while driving.

Diabetes needs to be proven that it is well controlled in order to get a waiver to drive a CMV.
The waiver got enhanced for interstate driving last September.
Hmmm...
I wonder if that means we're getting more medically acclimated to the issue or it's like the new extended permit issue and they are trying to fill seats in an industry that is short staffed?

I hope it's all about safety still.

Dhydratd

I remember peeing on those strips as a kid.
I remember peeing on everything as a kid!

Im too paranoid as a package car driver to even do drugs. Like you drive a company owned vehicle for a living. That right right there should be enough to no do it.
The problem with weed is that a test can show positive for up to a month after. Everyone who partakes in said greenery knows that after a few of hours, any inhibiting effects of consumption are gone. Take a hit after work on a Friday night after work, get tested two weeks later and you'll test positive. That's BS right there!

Last edited:

Bad Gas!

I smoked weed several times a year before I retired UPS. Now in retirement, I rarely smoke. I like the weed high but I was always a closet toker. My friends at UPS didn't know. But I would count my 30 days after a weed day. It's ironic that alcohol is worse for you, in my opinion, but it washes through your system in a day.
Still, if I had failed one test it would have been stupid ( never got tested but knew that I could be tested after a accident) to risk a high (no pun intended ) paying job.. Hence, drink good beer til you retire...

UrFellowUpser

I remember peeing on everything as a kid!

The problem with weed is that a test can show positive for up to a month after. Everyone who partakes in said greenery knows that after a few of hours, any inhibiting effects of consumption are gone. Take a hit after work on a Friday night after work, get tested two weeks later and you'll test positive. That's BS right there!
If your not a heavy user and smoke every once in a blue moon weed should be out your system in a week or less. I know because i used to be a heavy toker before i became a driver.