Drug testing for feeder drivers

P

pickup

They seem to like randomly testing me a lot more now that I'm in Package.

Figure that one out!

I bet they still have ur name in the feeder pool. No one ever thought to pull it out after all how many feeder drivers go back to package car?

Old International

Now driving a Sterling
Hell, it takes me 8 hours to cover 217 miles, for an avg speed of 27.1 MPH. And I Have been yanked out of the tractor at the outbound gate to take a pee test. Left the set sitting right there, blocking a set of phones.

Hell, it takes me 8 hours to cover 217 miles, for an avg speed of 27.1 MPH. And I Have been yanked out of the tractor at the outbound gate to take a pee test. Left the set sitting right there, blocking a set of phones.

Took your keys with you I hope. They usually catch us at the beginning or end of our day. We have three hours to produce and tend to take it to the limit.

over9five

Staff member
I bet they still have ur name in the feeder pool. No one ever thought to pull it out after all how many feeder drivers go back to package car?

Here all Feeder qualified drivers are subject to randoms. It's just strange I've had two since I've been back in Package and only two the whole time I was in Feeders.

Old International

Now driving a Sterling
Took your keys with you I hope. They usually catch us at the beginning or end of our day. We have three hours to produce and tend to take it to the limit.
You bet your bottom dollar- and it took me an hour to produce a sample.
Anybody that drives a commercial vehicle is subject to random drug testing. We just fired a PC driver for failure to pass 2 tests.

over9five

Staff member
You bet your bottom dollar- and it took me an hour to produce a sample.
Anybody that drives a commercial vehicle is subject to random drug testing. We just fired a PC driver for failure to pass 2 tests.

If they randomed PC drivers here, we'd need 100 new drivers.

That's probably why they don't.

lazydriver

I think UPS now drug test drivers before they come up for feeder training. I have known some pc drivers not signing up because of this.

feeder

Central Pa Member
The way in my bldg is that the its random, meaning a computer will pick drivers at random, and there is No- notification, you walk in, to punch-in and there is a nurse waiting for you to pee in a cop... I remember one year I got picked 3 times in one year... I thought I was being picked-on.. The nurse told me dont feel bad cuz the other hub she manage she said a driver got picked 8 times in one year....

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
The feds mandated 'random' drug testing for a reason. So companies could not hand pick the drivers that are to be tested. Kind of defeats the purpose of testing if companies pick out the ones they know are clean.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
The way in my bldg is that the its random, meaning a computer will pick drivers at random, and there is No- notification, you walk in, to punch-in and there is a nurse waiting for you to pee in a cop... I remember one year I got picked 3 times in one year... I thought I was being picked-on.. The nurse told me dont feel bad cuz the other hub she manage she said a driver got picked 8 times in one year....
And I thought I had it bad, getting picked for Jury duty twice in one year.:wink2:

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
I dont see why they dont drug test anyone that drives, this includes mgmt.

I used to work for a company that drug tested everyone top to bottom. My boss actaully got canned for testing for coke. Why they would only test feeder drivers I have never understood.

If you are behind a wheel and stoned you are a problem, and a huge danger.

If they want to make a deal with the Union and send offenders to re-hab fine, but why would you not test all people.