duplicating stops.

ok, who has 450 letters in a letterbox. What customer would dump 450 letters in a box??How would 450 letters fit in a letterbox???

Washington Mutual....They would have about 150 in the box by 4:30 and boxes outside and some US mail tubs full.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
ok, heres one. If you have a business that has been moved for a long time, do you scan it as a dup stop since it is a known moved and drivers probably dont go by the physical address anyway???There are just so many variables anyway, NOBODY can keep track of everything that could go wrong with recording. I would hope the manager would give their drivers a warning, stated in a nice way.Its the "proven dishonesty" bs that is so vague. Someone gets drunk on route and gets in an accident...no problem, very understandable to have ups fire them. A driver who has been recording something wrong for 10 years, not knowing they were doing anything wrong and suddenly one day gets asked about it and then ups attempts to fire them, destroy their livelyhood and have them off work for a month for "investigation" purposes is just a crappy company. Ups prides themselves in being fair and having integrity...so not true. If anyone has ever read the ups policy book, there is nothing that is stated in that book that ups actually follows. Why is there such tension and non-trust in this company. Dont say that its because of the union, because management is treated in the same way at times. What started this type of enviroment, anyone care to comment??

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I've done a second stop at a ressi within minutes of the first and no one has said a word to me about it.

There have been a number of times I have written out an info notice, scanned it and hit stop complete, then someone opens the door. I do a second stop at that time.

In that situation, I would void out the first stop then keep the second recorded stop as official. My biggest question is about the nda that has to be delivered a couple hours earlier than the ground items. I will have to ask someone.

1989, wouldnt they benefit from a daily pu. Didnt we loose washington mutual??

Yes, they went to FedEx. They also had 2 pickups in that building. One at their loading dock and one at their 2nd floor mailroom. All the letters came from their offices on other floors.

looper804

Is it time to go home yet
If you reattempt a nda it won't show up late unless you sheet as a different address the second time (or a different room #)
No,you can sheet it as a different address and it won't be late.The diad is only looking at the tracking #.It will recognize it from the 1st time it was sheeted.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
If you sheet a commited nda as ni or clo and stop complete it prior to the commit time, then go back to the same addy, reenter the same addy as a new stop and sheet it again it does not show late. I know from experience, I have done it. Of course this is non pas.

Last edited:

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
how do you duplicate a stop anyway?

A duplicate stop is when you go to the same address twice in one day. An example is a second attempt for a Next Day Air, Signature Required, COD, or finding a missed piece for a multiple package stop. If you are on PAS/EDD, just scan the Tracking Number and the stop will come back up. In the address field, push Override until you get to where the Room Number field is. Then hit the "Duplicate" key. This won't count as an extra stop.

looper804

Is it time to go home yet
If you sheet a commited nda as ni or clo and stop complete it prior to the commit time, then go back to the same addy, reenter the same addy as a new stop and sheet it again it does not show late. I know from experience, I have done it. Of course this is non pas.
PAS or non its the same result.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Sometimes I deliver a Next Day at 10:25 and come back and deliver the ground at 10:35. 2 stops. Anything my fault or the loaders fault is a dup stop. If someone brings me a missing piece or a customer calls and wants me to come back, it's a stop.

CFLBrown

I'll hit DUPE stop if I go back to re-attempt the package on my own if they are not home the first attempt. If I get a message from the center saying to go back you'd be darn sure it's NOT a duplicate stop. IDGAF what they say. I'd reattempt certain send agains if I have too many or it's a large item I don't want to delivery tomorrow, IF I have time.

71chevy

We’ve been pcm’d to death over this. If you’re scanning a tracking number for the second time (same day) use duplicate. Example, closed on first attempt and a second attempt is made later in the day, hit duplicate.

If your sup is not going to let you make a second attempt, and get credit for another stop, then don't make a second attempt, wait till tomorrow,

LeddySS98

what about when you get ODS'd saying to bring said package in to be will called after you've already made an attempt on it?

They want us pulling the package off the car but they want the evening clerks to sheet the package with the customer shows... problem is next day Mr EDD says you have that stop again, and it's a real pain when you are covering another drivers route from the prior day... show up to the house and digging for a package that does'nt exist sucks.

If your told to reattempt a delivery its okay to take a second stop, but if we're told to WC a package if it's already been attempted were not suppose to sheet it again:whiteflag:

BigBrownSanta

I'm not trying to slam you, but if you're pulling up to a delivery and not finding the package, then you're not using the methods. You are supposed to know your next five stops, rear door and floor deliveries. The next five deliveries should have been slid to the selection area. If you had used this method, you would have known five stops prior that the package was not on your car. This method doesn't work on multi package stops because most people won't search for every package.

If you're serious about scanning a package you are going to give to the clerk as a WC, then I suggest you void the original delivery, than re-sheet the package as WC, then add in the remarks column "per msg". (I personally believe these packages are blessings in disguise becasue they show up in the next day's EDD and may make my stop count high enough to prevent a split being added to my route.)

Every time you have a send again, if you get in the habit of hitting edit, then writing down the delivery number along with the service cross, it will make finding the delivery to be voided a little quicker. When you have to void a package, hit edit, then key in the delivery number and hit enter. It takes you directly to the stop to be edited. Don't use the delivery number that is on the delivery address screen, it doesn't count voided or missed stops.

When a package is put on will call the clerks are supposed to enter that into the ETS, this alone should prevent it from being on tomorrows Edd. The should be no need to record it on your DIAD again.