duplicating stops.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
UPS dude, you have a center team that does not know enough about PAS. You should not have to write down all that info. There are 2 reports in the PFT website (they should know what that is) one is for EDD not found-not delivered and one for EDD - not found delivered. This saves everyone a ton of TIME and energy wasted on writing stuff down. They just have to print the reports and match them up to with whatever they are looking for. Hope this helps.

Upslady20

Why in the world would you go back in an edit the stop.. If you get the message to put the package on wc just rescan it hit dupl put it in as a wc and give it to the clerk when you get in. Very Simple..
You have no need to go in and void packages or take notes.
And as far as your saying you should know your next five stops I know my next 8 that are showing on the screen.. Now if their not there that is my loaders fault. And yes I will go on an easter egg hunt looking for the package and pulling everything tighter at that time if need be.
I am on very bumpy roads that throws the packages all over the place so I look around for it.. I would say most drivers on pas count on the package being there and no longer look at the next stop.. In fact new drivers in our center I am sure are not trained to look at the shelf they are trained to look at the board.
So what if I look like a dumb blonde sometimes when I pull up can't find the package then leave.. oh well..

BigBrownSanta

If you read the last line of Leddy's post, it says they are not allowed to rescan the package. I don't know why they can't rescan a WC package, maybe there's a report that shows when one tracking number has two dispositions... I don't know. I was merely giving a suggestion on how to work around that problem.

Also, the diad may show your next 8 deliveries but there's no guarantee that they are actually on your car.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Why rescan it at all? You did your job on the first delivery. Let the clerk worry about the re-scan. If you are sent to pick up and RTS some one elses NDA and you scan it it shows up late. No scan, no pressure.

Captain America

SuperDAD to the rescue
Here is another variation on duplicate stops. If you have a single delivery location for a "campus". Several different addresses all going to one location everyday with no attempts at actual locations. what you do is sheet them seperatly put them in pre-record and then mark one as left at and the rest at duplicate in the pre-record screen. That way you only get credit for one stop. This is what I have been told to do, but I highly doubt the guys subbing on my route do it.:punk:

upsgrunt

Here is another variation on duplicate stops. If you have a single delivery location for a "campus". Several different addresses all going to one location everyday with no attempts at actual locations. what you do is sheet them seperatly put them in pre-record and then mark one as left at and the rest at duplicate in the pre-record screen. That way you only get credit for one stop. This is what I have been told to do, but I highly doubt the guys subbing on my route do it.:punk:

Don't you think the time you spend separating those stops is worthy of taking credit for them. Why not just scan them all from actual delivery address and when the board prompts you that the addresses don't match, just hit yes. You will get credit for all the packages and only one stop. If any are tracked, it will show the address where the package was delivered.

DS

Fenderbender
I may be weird,but I like to try do be exact with every stop with the diad.
I don't care if I run 1.50 over.I dont pre-record stops and complete them while I'm having fish n chips

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Brownmonster summed it up perfectly--anything his fault or his loaders fault is duplicate stop. All other situations are another stop. Re-sheeting a NDA after commit time will not show it as late, whether you use the original or a different address as it is based on the 1Z, not the address. My route is fairly compact so I am usually able to re-try send agains as I am making my pickups. I hate bringing back pkgs so I make every effort to get rid of them, including leaving my cell number either on the info notice or on their voice mail. These second attempts would be duplicate stop if I do it on my own and another stop if directed to do so by ODS.

Don't you think the time you spend separating those stops is worthy of taking credit for them. Why not just scan them all from actual delivery address and when the board prompts you that the addresses don't match, just hit yes. You will get credit for all the packages and only one stop. If any are tracked, it will show the address where the package was delivered.
Unless they try to track them by address, I went a short roundyround with management over multiple missed stops(same principle).

browniehound

I'm not trying to slam you, but if you're pulling up to a delivery and not finding the package, then you're not using the methods. You are supposed to know your next five stops, rear door and floor deliveries. The next five deliveries should have been slid to the selection area. If you had used this method, you would have known five stops prior that the package was not on your car. This method doesn't work on multi package stops because most people won't search for every package.

If you're serious about scanning a package you are going to give to the clerk as a WC, then I suggest you void the original delivery, than re-sheet the package as WC, then add in the remarks column "per msg". (I personally believe these packages are blessings in disguise becasue they show up in the next day's EDD and may make my stop count high enough to prevent a split being added to my route.)

Every time you have a send again, if you get in the habit of hitting edit, then writing down the delivery number along with the service cross, it will make finding the delivery to be voided a little quicker. When you have to void a package, hit edit, then key in the delivery number and hit enter. It takes you directly to the stop to be edited. Don't use the delivery number that is on the delivery address screen, it doesn't count voided or missed stops.

BigBrown,
Are you on PAS yet? You must not be, because that is not the method anymore. On PAS you need not know your next five stops and the method is not to sort at all. The method is you open the door and the package is there for you to select. In theory at least :whiteflag:.

maybrown

is not a woman
Using duplicate key when you scan the same package second time during the day.
If you have many packages going to same address you need to enter the different "apt" number or you won't have credit for that.

BigBrownSanta

BigBrown,
Are you on PAS yet? You must not be, because that is not the method anymore. On PAS you need not know your next five stops and the method is not to sort at all. The method is you open the door and the package is there for you to select. In theory at least :whiteflag:.

Yes, unfortunately, I am on PAS. Since going on EDD, I haven't been trained on any methods that are specific to EDD (although I have had 2 production rides and recently a "methods" ride).
My reasoning is that my EDD is not set up perfectly and I deviate from it often. Using that method keeps me from wasting time driving to a delivery and not finding the package.

rocket man

You have ndas then you have a saver and ground for the same stop your there and you have time to get it all off you put ndas in pre record then scan ground put in pre record deliver all its two stops then later tht day go for pu if nessasary.

You have ndas then you have a saver and ground for the same stop your there and you have time to get it all off you put ndas in pre record then scan ground put in pre record deliver all its two stops then later tht day go for pu if nessasary.

That should be one stop rocket man. You are falsifiying your records.

Wanna hear something really stupid? What am I thinkin of course you do. When savers first came out we were INSTRUCTED (the old version of work as directed) to not, under any circumstances deliver savers before noon, NO EXCEPTIONS. That little bit if non-sense didn't last very long.

looper804

Is it time to go home yet
Wanna hear something really stupid? What am I thinkin of course you do. When savers first came out we were INSTRUCTED (the old version of work as directed) to not, under any circumstances deliver savers before noon, NO EXCEPTIONS. That little bit if non-sense didn't last very long.
Another confusing item is the 2nd AM.You have to deliver it to a commercial stop before 10:30 am,but a residential stop any time.I don't get many of these and I always forget what the ruling is.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Trplnkl, when I first started UPS would actually make sure that it took 2 days for a 2DA to reach its destination. For example, a shipper sends a pkg from Albany, NY, to Boston, MA. UPS used to hold the pkg in Philadelphia one day to make sure that the receiver doesn't get the pkg until the 2nd day. Now they are processed in the most expedient manner possible and will usually get there the following day.

Rocket man--be careful. You are padding stops.

Captain America, I also deliver to a college campus and all deliveries (except for certain bldgs) go to a central location. I will sheet the first pkg which has the address for that location and any subsequent pkgs which are supposed to be delivered there but are not addressed there will prompt "Address correct Y/N" for which I hit Y and simply add it to the initial address. There is no prerecording or duplicate stops or any of that. For example, my college deliveries go to 101 Broad St, which is where pkgs for the facility are addressed. Pkgs for the dorms will either come through with that address or with the actual dorm address (546 MacDonough Hall). If they are addressed in that manner I simply hit "Y" and it is added to 101 Broad. The college itself has several addresses which I also add to 101 Broad so I will have all of the pkgs to be delivered to the college warehouse sheeted under 101 Broad. There will be days when I will hit the "Y" button 50 times just at that stop. The college bookstore uses 2 separate addresses for some reason but I sheet the first pkg that I have which has the actual street address and sheet all pkgs for the bookstore under that address, hitting "Y" as needed.

Trplnkl, when I first started UPS would actually make sure that it took 2 days for a 2DA to reach its destination. For example, a shipper sends a pkg from Albany, NY, to Boston, MA. UPS used to hold the pkg in Philadelphia one day to make sure that the receiver doesn't get the pkg until the 2nd day. Now they are processed in the most expedient manner possible and will usually get there the following day.

Rocket man--be careful. You are padding stops.

Captain America, I also deliver to a college campus and all deliveries (except for certain bldgs) go to a central location. I will sheet the first pkg which has the address for that location and any subsequent pkgs which are supposed to be delivered there but are not addressed there will prompt "Address correct Y/N" for which I hit Y and simply add it to the initial address. There is no prerecording or duplicate stops or any of that. For example, my college deliveries go to 101 Broad St, which is where pkgs for the facility are addressed. Pkgs for the dorms will either come through with that address or with the actual dorm address (546 MacDonough Hall). If they are addressed in that manner I simply hit "Y" and it is added to 101 Broad. The college itself has several addresses which I also add to 101 Broad so I will have all of the pkgs to be delivered to the college warehouse sheeted under 101 Broad. There will be days when I will hit the "Y" button 50 times just at that stop. The college bookstore uses 2 separate addresses for some reason but I sheet the first pkg that I have which has the actual street address and sheet all pkgs for the bookstore under that address, hitting "Y" as needed.

I think Captain America is doing it right. Less chance of confusion on the shippers part. And less chance of a driver follow up in the future. If you show left at 101 broad. That shows that you didn't misdeliver it to 101 broad.

Captain America's version is correct as per my center manager. Another scenario is at an apartment complex where the office will accept packages for their tenants. I go to each apartment, if no one is home I leave notice and take them to the office. Each one is pre-recorded with the apartment number in the room number field,(no duplicate stop) then in the pre-record list I put it as a original receiver residential hit the sig button, get sig then it is left at office, commercial. You get credit for each stop, records are clear as to where the package was delivered, consignee knows where it was left, it's all legal and honest and adds stops to what EDD show you to have. Everyone should be happy, happy, happy.