Earnings Results For this quarter.

bacha29

Probably because that’s all that’s left up there in the People’s Republic.
Ok. so if you think this matter is funny, why don't you tell us just exactly what you offer your employees in the way of an EMPLOYER FUNDED healthcare, pension and disability plan? If you one of the very few contractors who offer what they call "benefits" it's probably one of those cheap "bronze" plans that only pays 60% of a approved claim and your 401K plan provides a laughable 4% employer match .

It will be fine

Ok. so if you think this matter is funny, why don't you tell us just exactly what you offer your employees in the way of an EMPLOYER FUNDED healthcare, pension and disability plan? If you one of the very few contractors who offer what they call "benefits" it's probably one of those cheap "bronze" plans that only pays 60% of a approved claim and your 401K plan provides a laughable 4% employer match .
Why do you think corporations offer benefits?

bacha29

Who cares what other corporations offer in the way of an employer funded benefit plan? But, since you found the importance of an employer funded plan amusing tell us just exactly what you offer your employees in the way of an employer funded benefit plan.

It will be fine

Who cares what other corporations offer in the way of an employer funded benefit plan? But, since you found the importance of an employer funded plan amusing tell us just exactly what you offer your employees in the way of an employer funded benefit plan.

bbsam

Staff member
Why don't you simply come clean and admit the fact that you offer nothing in the way of employer funded benefits?
Corporations offer benefits to entice workers to work for them. I don’t offer benefits and can handle most days with 4 fewer drivers than I have.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
No pension but he offers health care benefits but I don’t use it

I’ve worked at hospitals and if I constantly need to see a doctor to live life then I guess my times up

Not going to be taking medication everyday or having to see a doctor every other week that’s not living to me
Yeah. Life is always what you project. Only people who want sickness or an injury get sick and injured. That's an informed post.

While you're in control can you back the heat down next summer?

Thank you.

XEQaF

full employer paid benefits in this field of work, could cost an average contractor $2000 per driver annually. Hard to absorb for contractors who don't have density

bacha29

full employer paid benefits in this field of work, could cost an average contractor $2000 per driver annually. Hard to absorb for contractors who don't have density
$2000 annually? How many health insurance plans can you get for $156.66 a month?

bacha29

Not much. The contractors I know that offer benefits don’t have any lower turnover than I do. I can have a new hire running a full route in under 2 weeks.
Until you run out of new hires which based on the help wanted ads desperate contractors are running on the nationwide job boards it appears to be happening in a lot of areas of the country.

bbsam

Staff member
Until you run out of new hires which based on the help wanted ads desperate contractors are running on the nationwide job boards it appears to be happening in a lot of areas of the country.
You realize you say that all the time and Ground continues to march forward, right?

It will be fine

My ad is always up. I get a handful of applicants every day. Your fear of building a business doesn’t mean it’s impossible.

bacha29

My ad is always up. I get a handful of applicants every day. Your fear of building a business doesn’t mean it’s impossible.
You're fortunate. In my area the 2020 census in expected to show a significant DECREASE in population with the median age going up proportionately . Your so called "fear of building a business" is a laughable accusation given that it's coming from someone who doesn't have a true business of his own but is rather simply an administrator with an equity participation.

I recently came across a couple of the guys who worked for the remaining 4 contractors, asked them what their main gripe was. I wasn't surprised to hear that it was no benefits and having to do the work of two people sometimes three because of people walking out the door one night and never going back or ended up in jail or failing a drug test. Those guys too walked out one night and never went back.

To this point your dumb assumption that there will always be somebody walking through that door physically able and psychologically willing to go out there
and deliver top of the scale performance for bottom of the scale money has not betrayed you but while the percentages are low being that you're the Boston Metro area there are no guarantees that you will not someday find yourself short on manpower as well. In my case I no longer needed to and therefore no longer willing to put anymore money at risk for the sake of a unilaterally drafted and implemented ,one dimensional , one year contract when the UPS terminal and the YRC terminal were right across the road and in a market when the supply of youthful, qualified and drug free labor was growing smaller, not larger.

XEQaF

The $2000 per driver annually was a figure quoted for my area in Canada which could drastically be different from providers in the States.

Costs for training and turnover could be significant as well because it is a multifaceted position and requires the right person, so development in the people you want to represent you is essential (which is contradictory to FXG in hiring their managers). Not to mention clothing the driver which I always paid for.

Ground is carrying the brand and will continue to show increased profitability. The question is will FedEx realize this or will they ruin the only thing that's working. My guess rests with the latter

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
To this point your dumb assumption that there will always be somebody walking through that door physically able and psychologically willing to go out there
and deliver top of the scale performance for bottom of the scale money has not betrayed you but while the percentages are low being that you're the Boston Metro area there are no guarantees that you will not someday find yourself short on manpower as well. In my case I no longer needed to and therefore no longer willing to put anymore money at risk for the sake of a unilaterally drafted and implemented ,one dimensional , one year contract when the UPS terminal and the YRC terminal were right across the road and in a market when the supply of youthful, qualified and drug free labor was growing smaller, not larger.

How has he managed to get this far without your help? The mind reels...