Easily navigate new routes

Tom MacDonald

Max E. Pads
Wanted some thoughts, I'm on my 3rd day of my 30 day probation and to me the hardest part is learning the area especially since i moved to this location from out of state. Since management is completely against smartphones or gps devices in the cab with you I think I may have found a pricey, but good loophole to their rules.

Garmin epix™ (Preloaded with U.S. TOPO 100K maps)

I think this would come in handy especially as a cover driver, which is what I'll be for a while once I qualify.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Don't you do the same route daily since you just started?

Buy one of those county maps. Every town is in it for around $10.

Tom MacDonald

Max E. Pads
Don't you do the same route daily since you just started?

Buy one of those county maps. Every town is in it for around $10.

Yes, but having it all literally on your wrist I feel like would make it that much easier. Also you could just hit a button and say the address then boom you're in route to the destination.

Also I'm really into fitness and this has a lot of features I would definitely use outside of work.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Yes, but having it all literally on your wrist I feel like would make it that much easier. Also you could just hit a button and say the address then boom you're in route to the destination.

Also I'm really into fitness and this has a lot of features I would definitely use outside of work.

600 FN BUCKS FOR A MAP !!!!!
SERIOUSLY ?????
You're too uneducated to even be allowed to drive a vehicle !!!!

Dhydratd

Print a map of your area and just use that. It's how is old timers did it before gps. You will actually learn your route faster because you will be using your brain.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
Before you spend all that money I'd say after work and on the weekend just drive your area...it sucks at first but soon it's going to click and your resi customers will all be the same...you'll remember little things like oh that's the house with the 67 year old dog turd on the lawn

Tom MacDonald

Max E. Pads
Before you spend all that money I'd say after work and on the weekend just drive your area...it sucks at first but soon it's going to click and your resi customers will all be the same...you'll remember little things like oh that's the house with the 67 year old dog turd on the lawn

Well... I'm sure there are less expensive watches that do the exact same thing, I merely meant to use it as an example... But even my 2nd day my supervisor had to do a pickup that another driver couldn't get and he had me enter it in my GPS on my phone for him. He's a "sup" but he's on the road all the time, been doing it for 7 years as well.

Tom MacDonald

Max E. Pads
If China decides to blow up our GPS satellites, millions of millennials will perish driving into the oceans.
It's very sad.

Just because you old geezers would need a 200 page instruction booklet and someone to read it and explain it to you doesn't make it a bad investment

rod

Retired 22 years
Just because you old geezers would need a 200 page instruction booklet and someone to read it and explain it to you doesn't make it a bad investment

Us old geezers knew how to get from point A to Point B without 600 bucks worth of tech crap to rely on. I would give that watch maybe one week before it was smashed by falling packages.

Tom MacDonald

Max E. Pads
Us old geezers knew how to get from point A to Point B without 600 bucks worth of tech crap to rely on. I would give that watch maybe one week before it was smashed by falling packages.

been with ups for 5 years preloader, never seen a package move in a vehicle that wasn't itself moving lol

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member

giphy.gif

rod

Retired 22 years
been with ups for 5 years preloader, never seen a package move in a vehicle that wasn't itself moving lol

So you never loaded a 50 pound box up on top of others on the top shelf of an 8 cube or P-1000? You would be the exception to the rule then.