Easily navigate new routes

Tom MacDonald

Max E. Pads
Do it!!!!!! In fact order 2 so you have one to replace your broken one in a week.

Yeah I did that when I bought a 9 dollar sports watch while working in the hub because there wasn't any clocks anywhere...

ended up losing the 2nd one because the first one still works D:

UnconTROLLed

perfection
When you learn a route with a map and street knowledge, you will be able to move this forward into other routes you will be learning. If you just GPS everything, it will forever be a crutch.

Just wait until it's 7pm, peak, your neighbor on 5c's vehicle is broken down and you have 50 stops to do in the dark. You'll be glad to, at least, have some knowledge how to work a route in bad circumstances, as well as you possibly can.

Tom MacDonald

Max E. Pads
When you learn a route with a map and street knowledge, you will be able to move this forward into other routes you will be learning. If you just GPS everything, it will forever be a crutch.

Just wait until it's 7pm, peak, your neighbor on 5c's vehicle is broken down and you have 50 stops to do in the dark. You'll be glad to, at least, have some knowledge how to work a route in bad circumstances, as well as you possibly can.

Yeah you're right, I guess if I really really need it I can always go to the back of the truck for a sec and look at directions on how to get to a certain stop on my phone.

GenericUsername

Technically speaking, if you're on day 3 of your 30 training, you should have a sup with you still. And he should be able to give you some advice when you're starting to get lost. Typically, on a brand new route, my first 2 days are 9-10 hour days, but day #3 I have that stuff down. Go in an extra few minutes early and get on the computer to see your route. Take notes or pictures of the screen. Hell, they can print it out for you even.... No need to waste $600.

Box Ox

Have management print you a stop manifest for your route on 2 or three separate days. It'll show all your stops.

Pull the general area up at different zoom perspectives on Google Maps and print out some paper maps.

Drive out to the area on personal time. Sucks but qualifying sucks.

Gear

Parts on Order
Being a mechanic, I buy tools to make my easy job a little easier. Im thinking about getting an electric scooter to ride around the center. Walking back and forth gets old. Some of you guys would blow a gasket if you had a tool bill. I bet some of you guys still have your communion money. Lol

Cementups

Box Monkey
It has nothing to do with the money. Buy a map book and learn the job the right way instead of always relying on technology to do it for you. A brain is a horrible thing to waste.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Wanted some thoughts, I'm on my 3rd day of my 30 day probation and to me the hardest part is learning the area especially since i moved to this location from out of state. Since management is completely against smartphones or gps devices in the cab with you I think I may have found a pricey, but good loophole to their rules.

Garmin epix™ (Preloaded with U.S. TOPO 100K maps)

I think this would come in handy especially as a cover driver, which is what I'll be for a while once I qualify.

Send me $340 I'll send you a map

Free updates every year as long as you work at UPS