Easy Christmas....

FedExer267

bbsam one thing you can take to the bank is any UPS guy would come work here for a month and they would see how great they have it. They are always happy atleast the one I see on my route. You see when you have a carrer and can have a nice living you wouldnt trade it for anything. Sure there is stress and bad days that goes with any job however the stress and the bad days is a everyday occurance at old FedEx thats what happens when you dont value your employees contributions to the billion dollar industry that through their hard work they have created. If it wasnt for the drivers where would this company be. All I am saying is you treat them right and they will work hard for you its a 2 way street.

vantexan

Or am I missing something?
Now now Samantha, between companies shipping meaningful work overseas, and turning our economy into a service economy, and stripping benefits and holding down pay, and don't forget compounding the negatives with gov't mismanagement and profligate spending, what's a working man to do? What's leftover is being hogged by the owner/management class, and everything seems on the chopping block. Social Security is being hounded as something immoral, and it appears you good folk holding all the cards won't stop until you've exploited and drained the masses of every vestige of wealth. And when this is pointed out your demagogues cry "class warfare" and envy. You've got us by the you-know-whats but the future this will lead to isn't one that bodes well for the upper crust. Damn pathetic that it will come to that. Happy New Year!!

bbsam

Staff member
Now now Samantha, between companies shipping meaningful work overseas, and turning our economy into a service economy, and stripping benefits and holding down pay, and don't forget compounding the negatives with gov't mismanagement and profligate spending, what's a working man to do? What's leftover is being hogged by the owner/management class, and everything seems on the chopping block. Social Security is being hounded as something immoral, and it appears you good folk holding all the cards won't stop until you've exploited and drained the masses of every vestige of wealth. And when this is pointed out your demagogues cry "class warfare" and envy. You've got us by the you-know-whats but the future this will lead to isn't one that bodes well for the upper crust. Damn pathetic that it will come to that. Happy New Year!!

Agreed with all of the above. And still you'll vote republican.

bbsam

Staff member
bbsam one thing you can take to the bank is any UPS guy would come work here for a month and they would see how great they have it. They are always happy atleast the one I see on my route. You see when you have a carrer and can have a nice living you wouldnt trade it for anything. Sure there is stress and bad days that goes with any job however the stress and the bad days is a everyday occurance at old FedEx thats what happens when you dont value your employees contributions to the billion dollar industry that through their hard work they have created. If it wasnt for the drivers where would this company be. All I am saying is you treat them right and they will work hard for you its a 2 way street.

And if it weren't for the company, where would you be? Remember. Two way street.

vantexan

Agreed with all of the above. And still you'll vote republican.

I'll vote Republican if Huckabee is the candidate. He's got a great track record governing a state and has proven he can cross the aisle and work with Dems. He's "respected" by conservative Republicans because they know they'll need the religious vote in 2012. Same guys totally ran him down in 2008 because they knew he's committed to his faith and what they want is someone that'll make it possible to screw others over money. If it isn't him I'll listen to what the nominee has to say but most likely not vote. The Dems have to get away from the extreme agenda if they're to be taken seriously. We need jobs, not an enviro-Nazi welfare state.

bbsam

Staff member
I'll vote Republican if Huckabee is the candidate. He's got a great track record governing a state and has proven he can cross the aisle and work with Dems. He's "respected" by conservative Republicans because they know they'll need the religious vote in 2012. Same guys totally ran him down in 2008 because they knew he's committed to his faith and what they want is someone that'll make it possible to screw others over money. If it isn't him I'll listen to what the nominee has to say but most likely not vote. The Dems have to get away from the extreme agenda if they're to be taken seriously. We need jobs, not an enviro-Nazi welfare state.
Huckabee? Governor of the state of Arkansas? The state that houses the biggest dagger to high paying jobs in America (Walmart)? Alot for you to like about him, but not business/labor relations as far as I can tell. Think he wouldn't be a Fred S admirer?

FedExer267

You could be there now. So Ground is better than something, no? Happy New Year!!!!!

Why work when you can make the same sitting on your butt. Thats what many ask themselves. You see bbsam many of us are lured in with promises of raises and bonuses which at the time sounds good and better than sitting on unemployement however you learn as time goes on that the average Contractor is full of crap. The average Contractor has no intentions of following through with his promises. So you come in and work your butt off at first but after awhile the truth comes out and you start to not care, which is where many drivers are now. You cannot expect a high quality of work from people who get lied to day in and day out, which is why many guys and gals dont give a crap about going back to reattempt, waiting around for pickups, wont answer their phones when X calls them, and could give a crap about your 99% or better delivery rate. The attitude is simple why do we care if you bonus its not like your going to share.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Huckabee? Governor of the state of Arkansas? The state that houses the biggest dagger to high paying jobs in America (Walmart)? Alot for you to like about him, but not business/labor relations as far as I can tell. Think he wouldn't be a Fred S admirer?

Here's why Mike Huckabee will never be President....Maurice Clemmons. If you Google the name, you'll see he was a Huckabee parolee who never should have been let out of prison, but was, because Huckabee wanted to curry favor from Black voters and Liberals. He killed 4 cops in Washington State last year in cold blood in an unprovoked attack. Can you say "Willie Horton"?

vantexan

Here's why Mike Huckabee will never be President....Maurice Clemmons. If you Google the name, you'll see he was a Huckabee parolee who never should have been let out of prison, but was, because Huckabee wanted to curry favor from Black voters and Liberals. He killed 4 cops in Washington State last year in cold blood in an unprovoked attack. Can you say "Willie Horton"?

He was let out by Huckabee as a teenager. His sentence didn't fit the crime he committed. He got into trouble again and went back to prison. Huckabee's successor let him out the next time on a snafu and he then killed those cops. Funny how the truth was never reported when Huckabee looked like a serious contender.

vantexan

Clinton? Governor of the state of Arkansas? Next you'll tell me Huckabee has control of the price of tea in China too.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
He was let out by Huckabee as a teenager. His sentence didn't fit the crime he committed. He got into trouble again and went back to prison. Huckabee's successor let him out the next time on a snafu and he then killed those cops. Funny how the truth was never reported when Huckabee looked like a serious contender.

Check on Clemmons a bit closer. He continued to be extremely violent, even in prison. Once released, he fell through the cracks of the Washington State justice system too. Huckabee paroled him, not his successor. What really disgusts me is the way Huckabee downplayed his role in all of this on "O'Reilly", who tossed a bunch of softball questions that Huckabee hit out of the park. Clemmons should have never been released. Huckabee will be hounded by this for the rest of his political life.

bbsam

Staff member
Why work when you can make the same sitting on your butt. Thats what many ask themselves. You see bbsam many of us are lured in with promises of raises and bonuses which at the time sounds good and better than sitting on unemployement however you learn as time goes on that the average Contractor is full of crap. The average Contractor has no intentions of following through with his promises. So you come in and work your butt off at first but after awhile the truth comes out and you start to not care, which is where many drivers are now. You cannot expect a high quality of work from people who get lied to day in and day out, which is why many guys and gals dont give a crap about going back to reattempt, waiting around for pickups, wont answer their phones when X calls them, and could give a crap about your 99% or better delivery rate. The attitude is simple why do we care if you bonus its not like your going to share.
Are you sure that you know enough contractors to discuss what the "average contractor" does and doesn't do?

vantexan

Check on Clemmons a bit closer. He continued to be extremely violent, even in prison. Once released, he fell through the cracks of the Washington State justice system too. Huckabee paroled him, not his successor. What really disgusts me is the way Huckabee downplayed his role in all of this on "O'Reilly", who tossed a bunch of softball questions that Huckabee hit out of the park. Clemmons should have never been released. Huckabee will be hounded by this for the rest of his political life.

My understanding, and I may be wrong, is Clemmons received over 100 years for theft when he was I believe 16. It was recommended to Huckabee to commute his sentence which he did. He later went back to prison on another charge and was accidentally released on a paperwork mistake. This was in Arkansas after Huckabee had left office. I don't see how he can be held responsible for what happened later unless we want to say that minority kids who get in trouble deserve much longer sentences than white kids so Huckabee screwed up not letting him rot forever. If Huckabee had refused to release him the story would've been he's just another racist Republican Southerner. And if he was the Republican nominee that's exactly how he would be portrayed by a very biased media.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
My understanding, and I may be wrong, is Clemmons received over 100 years for theft when he was I believe 16. It was recommended to Huckabee to commute his sentence which he did. He later went back to prison on another charge and was accidentally released on a paperwork mistake. This was in Arkansas after Huckabee had left office. I don't see how he can be held responsible for what happened later unless we want to say that minority kids who get in trouble deserve much longer sentences than white kids so Huckabee screwed up not letting him rot forever. If Huckabee had refused to release him the story would've been he's just another racist Republican Southerner. And if he was the Republican nominee that's exactly how he would be portrayed by a very biased media.

Clemmons was a career criminal. Race and age were what let him out....he deserved to rot forever in jail because he was evil to the core. Political correctness released him back into society and Huckabee played right along.