EC whatever isn't delivered

Ghost in the Darkness

They love the drivers who work through their lunch break. So many do it anymore that those of us who actually take a lunch break and take it during the day are few and far between. I work as directed, I just don't care they are just packages. Just seems stupid and dishonest to go the EC method when its not the reason.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I took Wednesday off and I had one street today that had twice as many stops. My Cover Driver refused to go down long driveways in the dark, I didn't know that counted as an exception. The headlights worked fine and I put new batteries in the Maglight for him. He had to get bailed out by another driver and he clocked out at 11:00, it was a total disaster.

I took Wednesday off and I had one street today that had twice as many stops. My Cover Driver refused to go down long driveways in the dark, I didn't know that counted as an exception. The headlights worked fine and I put new batteries in the Maglight for him. He had to get bailed out by another driver and he clocked out at 11:00, it was a total disaster.
Sure hope you guys don't get any snow the next 4 weeks.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
No way. They are disciplining anybody who goes over their helper allotted time.
I have never paid any attention to my "allotted" helper time and I have never even been talked to about it much less disciplined.
If they do want to talk to you about it, simply remind them that every minute wasted in the office discussing petty helper time issues is a minute that is being subtracted from your 60 hour DOT limit and a potential missed package on Friday night.
There comes a point where your need to avoid missed stops outweighs their need to look good on a meaningless report. For me that point occurs on the Monday after Thanksgiving and lasts for the duration of peak.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I have never paid any attention to my "allotted" helper time and I have never even been talked to about it much less disciplined.
If they do want to talk to you about it, simply remind them that every minute wasted in the office discussing petty helper time issues is a minute that is being subtracted from your 60 hour DOT limit and a potential missed package on Friday night.
There comes a point where your need to avoid missed stops outweighs their need to look good on a meaningless report. For me that point occurs on the Monday after Thanksgiving and lasts for the duration of peak.
Here, the suits upstairs are looking at their fake- helper hour numbers. A few we in the office for going over. Our steward said no matter what, don't go over what ever they dictate.

Ghost in the Darkness

Their numbers are fraudulent, based on the quickest a route has been done. It doesn't matter how unsafe, where the package was dumped or how much working off the clock was involved. They are living in fantasy land.

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily

This.

Ive actually been waiting to be disciplined about going over the helper hours since my first peak 4 years ago. That first year there was a day I had 300 stops and only 4.5 hours of help time. After those 4.5 hours were up I still had 170 to go and called my on road. On road said to keep him a little longer so I did....7 hours longer. Next day went in thinking I'd be called in the office for sure. Nope. From that moment on I kept my helper the whole time everyday, every peak. 5th peak now, still no discipline.

Dr.Brownz

This.

Ive actually been waiting to be disciplined about going over the helper hours since my first peak 4 years ago. That first year there was a day I had 300 stops and only 4.5 hours of help time. After those 4.5 hours were up I still had 170 to go and called my on road. On road said to keep him a little longer so I did....7 hours longer. Next day went in thinking I'd be called in the office for sure. Nope. From that moment on I kept my helper the whole time everyday, every peak. 5th peak now, still no discipline.

Same deal here. Never heard anything about it.

The alleged times do wildly fluctuate too. One day when I'm bricked it's 5 hours then the next day I have half empty shelf's and it's 13.99 hours.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Same deal here. Never heard anything about it.

The alleged times do wildly fluctuate too. One day when I'm bricked it's 5 hours then the next day I have half empty shelf's and it's 13.99 hours.
Every morning we get these little slips of paper with our helpers name/phone number that break down our planned day and show exactly how much time we are allowed to use the helper down to hundredths of an hour, as well as a projected lunch time, break time and return-to-building time.
These things are comical. They are completely divorced from reality. They are about as relevant as the fortunes you find inside of a fortune cookie.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Every morning we get these little slips of paper with our helpers name/phone number that break down our planned day and show exactly how much time we are allowed to use the helper down to hundredths of an hour, as well as a projected lunch time, break time and return-to-building time.
These things are comical. They are completely divorced from reality. They are about as relevant as the fortunes you find inside of a fortune cookie.

You have never played the lottery using the numbers on the back of the fortune?