Edmonton UPS Delivery Thief

Holy crap........NOTHING.....I am NOT deffending my DR procedures. This is ludicrous how threads can get so twisted and posters change the debate.

I was asked whether I was aware that MY DR practices affects my DISPATCH. I responded that MY DR practices do NOT affect my dispatch as my CENTER is unable to predict what TRIP I or any cover driver will be running on any given day. AGAIN, not defending my practices. I RESPONDED to a post directed at me that stated something that doesn't hold true in my CENTER. The answer to the first question asked directly to me does not change. How is this so unclear?

Being a former swing driver I get what you mean. What I get from their posts is to DR that same on every route you're on. If you get everyone doing that then they'll have to adjust dispatches.

Both points make sense.

UPSGUY72

Holy crap........NOTHING.....I am NOT deffending my DR procedures. This is ludicrous how threads can get so twisted and posters change the debate.

I was asked whether I was aware that MY DR practices affects my DISPATCH. I responded that MY DR practices do NOT affect my dispatch as my CENTER is unable to predict what TRIP I or any cover driver will be running on any given day. AGAIN, not defending my practices. I RESPONDED to a post directed at me that stated something that doesn't hold true in my CENTER. The answer to the first question asked directly to me does not change. How is this so unclear?

Well you don't really know that do you if you not following proper DR practices in order to compensate for the dispatch.

klein

Für Meno :)
I never had a sup drive along on a busy day. And even with a Safety person expert, that flew in, from Toronto (3000km away), because we had too many accidents in our center, she kept bugging me after 12 pm, when will we go on lunch.
I told her, there is no lunch until all businesses are delivered and picked up, or we will miss them.

But, almost every hr she reminded me, with `When is lunch time`?

She got lucky, because I was under dispatched and we finally had lunch at 5pm, and even then it was just 30 minutes, and not the unpaid 50 minutes they give us here.

Did my dispatch change after that ? NOPE !

Last edited:

kingOFchester

It is crystal clear--I like watching you get flustered.

Flustered??? LOL.....No, just astonished at the lack of comprehension skills several posters exhibited. But, it appears that it was just a game to try and get someone "flustered" for their own perverse enjoyment. Funny how easy it is to play games (or more accurately)not admit ignorance when you are just an avatar posting anonymously on a message board forums. Or perhaps this is how some debate issues in the real life. Either case, it shows poor moral fiber.

kingOFchester

Well you don't really know that do you if you not following proper DR practices in order to compensate for the dispatch.

LOL, I do know that they can't adjust my dispatch. How can they adjust my dispatch if they don't know what trip I am running? Can you answer that question. I tried to phrase it as easy as I could to help you comprehend the question.

I never had a sup drive along on a busy day.

They just met you at the bar.
And even with a Safety person expert, that flew in, from Toronto (3000km away), because we had too many accidents in our center, she kept bugging me after 12 pm, when will we go on lunch.
I told her, there is no lunch until all businesses are delivered and picked up, or we will miss them.

But, almost every hr she reminded me, with `When is lunch time`?

She got lucky, because I was under dispatched and we finally had lunch at 5pm.

Did my dispatch change after that ? NOPE !

So you're blaming her for subconsciously putting the thought in your head?
"Go to lunch. Don't worry about punching out. Hey, you worked hard. Have a beer"

Dude, you should sue the company.

over9five

Staff member
I think most people have the so called "gravy routes" that are going against Chester and myself.
The so-called gravy routes are like that because the driver has the bal...... intestinal fortitude.... to do things the right way.

After re-reading your post Klein, it is apparent that sup asking you to take your lunch was doing everything she could to help you get that route fixed. You didn't help yourself skipping it, or taking it late.

UPSGUY72

I think most people have the so called "gravy routes" that are going against Chester and myself.

Well you don't have a route anymore do you.

I'm a cover driver some weeks I cover 5 different routes. But I use the same DR practice on all 5.

klein

The so-called gravy routes are like that because the driver has the bal...... intestinal fortitude.... to do things the right way.

After re-reading your post Klein, it is apparent that sup asking you to take your lunch was doing everything she could to help you get that route fixed. You didn't help yourself skipping it, or taking it late.

Nope, not true, because 1 package (same sized) as the pick-upped packages slid over. And after that shorten lunch break, I took a look on my shelves (re-check) to make sure all business deliveries were made, and all residential were in order.

I found a mistake (package slid over to the pick-upped ones), and she gave me :censored2:, saying we shouldn't have gone on lunch, and now I may have a missed.
I told her no worries, they are open until 6pm and we still have over 15 minutes to get there.

And, I did get it off on time. (after that , I finished off the resis ).

Btw, she was really impressed how much the customers liked me.
People while driving waving at me, even in some cases honking their horns and waving at me.
And every stop how nice and friendly they were to me.

Gave me bonus points - she even told me :)

Btw, she was really impressed how much the customers liked me.
People while driving waving at me, even in some cases honking their horns and waving at me.
And every stop how nice and friendly they were to me.

Gave me bonus points - she even told me :)

LOL. You're the Hemingway of B.S.

klein

Just curious--how does UPS break out "bonus points" on your pay stub in Canada?

It wasn't just a safety drive along, but also customer service. Like I said they flew in an expert from 2000 miles away. She was at our center for a couple of weeks, paid hotel, meals, rental car, etc.

And it was a damn minus 30C day, too.
She told me to please not turn off the engine. It ran all day, like they do here in the cold. From the minute you leave the centre, until you get back.

S

splozi

Let's all do this.

N0NWa.gif

klein

Now the UPS firing sqad is out there, since it's slow time after xmas.
We will be getting new threads on here very soon (just got fired), and I'm not talking about all the seasonal workers.

"Tis is the season" !