Edmonton UPS Delivery Thief

rod

Retired 22 years
We used to grab a hold of car or truck bumpers and slide all over town when it snowed. The trickey part was going across the 3 sets of RR tracks that divided the town.

klein

Für Meno :)
Here we go again, too bad it's not a work day, with UPS trucks and thier unsafe all season tires !

Freezing rain to hit Edmonton Saturday evening

rocket man

First of all, I had 3 packages gone missing in 19 months.
Secondly, you tell me where you would leave a package - this is a typical new Edmonton home :
(she probably placed it behind the porch beams (can't be seen in the video, or it didn't have a porch), but that's what I did.
That house i would not d,r because that might be the famous mr (klines ) house and id wait to meet the legend.

kingOFchester

I guess I do a LOT of bad Dr's.

Friday, I did 170ish Dr's 20ish Sigs. Had I made sure Every dr was out of site I would of been on road till 10pm rather then 8pm and in the office at 8am monday. 45 seconds per stop longer .... more then 2hours over dispatch.

S

splozi

I guess I do a LOT of bad Dr's.

Friday, I did 170ish Dr's 20ish Sigs. Had I made sure Every dr was out of site I would of been on road till 10pm rather then 8pm and in the office at 8am monday. 45 seconds per stop longer .... more then 2hours over dispatch.

Finally, someone who doesn't talk out of their ass.

Not that I don't appreciate the occasional ass talk. But the smell... the smell... it gets to me.

over9five

Staff member
Did you ever think that if you made sure every DR was "out of sight, out of weather", they'd have to give you LESS stops??? You play right into their game, just sayin....

UPSGUY72

Did you ever think that if you made sure every DR was "out of sight, out of weather", they'd have to give you LESS stops??? You play right into their game, just sayin....

They love the drivers that will cut corners in order to meet there unrealistic and unachievable numbers. However when your corner cutting getting you into an accident or a lot of driver follow ups they are going to be all over you for cutting corners.

What you do is do it the right way and when they complain about your numbers and give you a three day ride you do it right way and show them that you work by the methods and they have over dispatched the route.

kingOFchester

I am a cover driver. Bumping and shuffling between cover drivers routienly happens up until we leave the building. I have been moved 4 times in the AM before I left building. They really are unable to build a trip that I will cover being that they do not even know who is covering what trip.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I am a cover driver. Bumping and shuffling between cover drivers routienly happens up until we leave the building. I have been moved 4 times in the AM before I left building. They really are unable to build a trip that I will cover being that they do not even know who is covering what trip.

That's all well and good but has nothing to do with over's question.

UPSGUY72

I'm a cover driver too. It shouldn't matter who is covering the route the dispatch should be the same. The only way I see a dispatch being different is if your a runner and a gunner and they know it.

Last edited:

kingOFchester

Seems as though you are having difficulty understanding some simple posts. Perhaps if I break it down for you it will be more clear.

Over posted "Did you ever think that if you made sure every DR was "out of sight, out of weather", they'd have to give you LESS stops??? You play right into their game, just sayin...."
This post implies that if I spent more time DR'ing, I would in return get less stops. To which I replied:

"I am a cover driver. Bumping and shuffling between cover drivers routienly happens up until we leave the building. I have been moved 4 times in the AM before I left building. They really are unable to build a trip that I will cover being that they do not even know who is covering what trip"

This post not only pertains to over's question, but also answers it. I clearly stated that the dispatch is not and can not be built according to my DR practices. The dispatch is built on the bid drivers abilities and actions. Bottom line he asked if I was aware that I would/could get less stops by changing my DR practices and my response was, he is wrong to think that MY DR practices affects my dispatch being that no one knows who is running what trip until we leave the building.

Obviously, I couldn't answer the question directly being that it was an untrue question. It would be like me asking do you know why the sun is blue.

Did I make that understandable for you?

Johney

I'm a cover driver too. It shouldn't matter who is covering the route the dispatch should be the same. The only way I see a dispatch being different is if your a runner and a gunner and they know it.
Kinda like the guy/gal who does 170 and is back to the building at 4:00 and wonders why he/she has 190 the next day.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It doesn't matter what run you are on or whether you are covering for a milker or a runner/gunner---if you take the time to properly D/R each and every package you will be dispatched with fewer stops.

Now, with that being said, any PDS worth his salt does dispatch based on the driver, not the run.

UPSGUY72

Seems as though you are having difficulty understanding some simple posts. Perhaps if I break it down for you it will be more clear.

Over posted "Did you ever think that if you made sure every DR was "out of sight, out of weather", they'd have to give you LESS stops??? You play right into their game, just sayin...."
This post implies that if I spent more time DR'ing, I would in return get less stops. To which I replied:

"I am a cover driver. Bumping and shuffling between cover drivers routienly happens up until we leave the building. I have been moved 4 times in the AM before I left building. They really are unable to build a trip that I will cover being that they do not even know who is covering what trip"

This post not only pertains to over's question, but also answers it. I clearly stated that the dispatch is not and can not be built according to my DR practices. The dispatch is built on the bid drivers abilities and actions. Bottom line he asked if I was aware that I would/could get less stops by changing my DR practices and my response was, he is wrong to think that MY DR practices affects my dispatch being that no one knows who is running what trip until we leave the building.

Obviously, I couldn't answer the question directly being that it was an untrue question. It would be like me asking do you know why the sun is blue.

Did I make that understandable for you?

It shouldn't matter who is covering the route the dispatch should be the same. The only way I see a dispatch being different is if your a runner and a gunner and they know it.

kingOFchester

It doesn't matter what run you are on or whether you are covering for a milker or a runner/gunner---if you take the time to properly D/R each and every package you will be dispatched with fewer stops.

Now, with that being said, any PDS worth his salt does dispatch based on the driver, not the run.

It shouldn't matter who is covering the route the dispatch should be the same. The only way I see a dispatch being different is if your a runner and a gunner and they know it.

How do I make this clear??? No one knows who is running what trip other then bid drivers. We (cover drivers) in my center are allowed to choose what bid trips are open for that particular day. So sups put me on trip A, 7:45am cover driver bumps me on to trip B. 8am another cover driver may bump me onto trip C. 8:25am I get bumped again to trip D, then I bump a lower seniority guy on to trip d and I leave at 8:30am on trip E. Unless they have a crystal ball, they are completely in the dark in knowing what trip I am doing and so there fore they can't build a trip according to my abilities or habits.

UPSGUY72

How do I make this clear??? No one knows who is running what trip other then bid drivers. We (cover drivers) in my center are allowed to choose what bid trips are open for that particular day. So sups put me on trip A, 7:45am cover driver bumps me on to trip B. 8am another cover driver may bump me onto trip C. 8:25am I get bumped again to trip D, then I bump a lower seniority guy on to trip d and I leave at 8:30am on trip E. Unless they have a crystal ball, they are completely in the dark in knowing what trip I am doing and so there fore they can't build a trip according to my abilities or habits.

What again does that have to do with Bad DR procedures.

kingOFchester

What again does that have to do with Bad DR procedures.

Holy crap........NOTHING.....I am NOT deffending my DR procedures. This is ludicrous how threads can get so twisted and posters change the debate.

I was asked whether I was aware that MY DR practices affects my DISPATCH. I responded that MY DR practices do NOT affect my dispatch as my CENTER is unable to predict what TRIP I or any cover driver will be running on any given day. AGAIN, not defending my practices. I RESPONDED to a post directed at me that stated something that doesn't hold true in my CENTER. The answer to the first question asked directly to me does not change. How is this so unclear?