Educational question?

Jared89

Well here is the story. I have been working for ups for 3 years at the local sort since i was 17. I am 2 classes sort of my associates degree in criminal justice which i am taking on line. So anyway I was offered a full-time job at home depot which I am going to take and want to keep my just at ups which will work out. Home depot is from 7-3:30. Here is the real question does ups have to work around school schedule? Well i want to get my act 120 (which you need to be a municipal police officer in pa) and IS worth college credits. The part time act 120 is 3 weekdays and a weekend. Would ups have to accommodate my school schedule?
http://www.lackawanna.edu/police/locations/scranton.html
Part-time classes are scheduled (3) weekday evenings from 5:30 PM-9:30 PM and (1) weekend day 8:00 AM-4:30 PM

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Is the schedule you gave for the act 120 each week or is the class only four sessions? If it is only 4 sessions why not simply schedule your vacation or personal days so that you are off on those days? I would think if you went to your sup and gave him plenty of notice he should be able to accomodate your request.

Good luck to you.

Jared89

Yeah it is 1 year long! 12months.......It is just an idea i am kicking around. Right now I am just kind of lost and I am only 20. I really dont know what I want to do now. All i know is I want to be a police officer. I could just wait around around any apply to police departments and wait for someone (hopefully) to pay me to get my act120. I might talk to the streward on monday, but meh.:anxious:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It will be very difficult and frankly unfair to your co-workers for you to be a part-time part-time employee. (think about it)

I assume that you are single--are you still on your parents' insurance? If so, it may be time for you to leave UPS, take the Home Depot gig and focus on becoming a police officer. That is my advice to you. Dave.

P

pickup

Yeah it is 1 year long! 12months.......It is just an idea i am kicking around. Right now I am just kind of lost and I am only 20. I really dont know what I want to do now. All i know is I want to be a police officer. I could just wait around around any apply to police departments and wait for someone (hopefully) to pay me to get my act120. I might talk to the streward on monday, but meh.:anxious:

You don't appear to be "lost" to me. You seem to know what you want to be. UpStateNYUPSer gave you some good advice. Mull it over. Good luck.