Electronic Signature Exists

Ghost in the Darkness

Anyone know if commercial customers can use electronic signature on file? The current flavor of the month is the use of SDN. We were told in the past if we got a letter from a commercial stop giving permission to leave their stuff we could, and use SDN and note as "on file". Now its come up again and we are told again to get a permission letter from all businesses where we were leaving their deliveries. I was wondering if it might be easier and longer lasting just to do it online (if thats possible), rather than every time management loses or wherever they misplace them we need to wash, rinse, repeat.
How is this done at other centers?

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Anyone know if commercial customers can use electronic signature on file? The current flavor of the month is the use of SDN. We were told in the past if we got a letter from a commercial stop giving permission to leave their stuff we could, and use SDN and note as "on file". Now its come up again and we are told again to get a permission letter from all businesses where we were leaving their deliveries. I was wondering if it might be easier and longer lasting just to do it online (if thats possible), rather than every time management loses or wherever they misplace them we need to wash, rinse, repeat.
How is this done at other centers?

I don't believe business can sign up for my choice to sign online for the packages

Over 70

Businesses use signature of file here and a note comes up at the stop letting you know they have a SOF and the driver signs SOF and leaves the items.

I wish more places had it.

ManInBrown

I have a school on my route. The back door used to be unlocked. Police came by and did a security check and told them they have to start locking all the back doors. There's no doorbell. Had one of the custodians sign a book of info notices. I use one every day. No one has ever said a word to me. As long as the package isn't sig required I leave everything.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I have a school on my route. The back door used to be unlocked. Police came by and did a security check and told them they have to start locking all the back doors. There's no doorbell. Had one of the custodians sign a book of info notices. I use one every day. No one has ever said a word to me. As long as the package isn't sig required I leave everything.

Why wouldn't you just deliver everything to the office like the rest of us do?

Turdferguson

Just a turd
I have a commercial stop that does that.
b5f5ae918031a5e3967f5a24ec32dc73.jpg