Elizabeth Warren

MAKAVELI

Massachusetts Senate Candidate Challenges Warren to Prove Indian Heritage

A candidate for the 2018 U.S. Senate race in Massachusetts tweeted out a video on Sunday challenging Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D., Mass.) to prove her claims of having American Indian heritage.

V.A. Shiva, who is seeking the Republican nomination in 2018 filmed himself holding a "23andMe" DNA testing kit, which he claims requires only his saliva and a "few short days" to prove if he was a real Indian. Shiva was born in Bombay, India, while Warren's claim is about having American Indian, or Native American, heritage.

"I want to challenge Elizabeth Warren to do the same," he said. "I'm calling this now the Real Indian vs. Fake Indian challenge. Elizabeth, why don't you do this? It's really, really simple."
Not that it matters, but Cherokee heritage would not show up in a DNA test. Maybe Shiva should focus on important issues that actually affect Massachusetts voters.
Cherokee DNA

Babagounj

Strength through joy
The only known evidence of her Indian heritage is that her great grandfather was a military guard during The Walk of Tears .
She has provided no proof to her claims , other than old family stories and her having high cheek bones .

MAKAVELI

The only known evidence of her Indian heritage is that her great grandfather was a military guard during The Walk of Tears .
She has provided no proof to her claims , other than old family stories and her having high cheek bones .
And a DNA test will neither prove or disprove her Cherokee heritage. Like I said , Shiva should focus on more important issues than his possible opponent's heritage.

vantexan

And a DNA test will neither prove or disprove her Cherokee heritage. Like I said , Shiva should focus on more important issues than his possible opponent's heritage.
She had not only made a big issue of her heritage but had used that claim to get an inside track to become a professor. So yeah, it's relevant. My grandfather was born just outside Talequah, OK and I don't need a DNA test to know he was Cherokee. If you ever saw him you'd know immediately. She isn't any different than that professor at the University of Colorado who wasn't Native American but claimed to be to advance his career. If you are running for office and commit fraud people should know.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Lying Lizzie released a video on Monday , using The Washington Post as her source material .
She was rambling on about Trump's budget cuts to education .

In my little one school town ( K-6 ) they have a $2M budget , triple the budget of any other dept.

MAKAVELI

She had not only made a big issue of her heritage but had used that claim to get an inside track to become a professor. So yeah, it's relevant. My grandfather was born just outside Talequah, OK and I don't need a DNA test to know he was Cherokee. If you ever saw him you'd know immediately. She isn't any different than that professor at the University of Colorado who wasn't Native American but claimed to be to advance his career. If you are running for office and commit fraud people should know.
Do you have any proof that it helped advance her career or do you have just the normal faux news drivel that you are repeating?

rickyb

liz warren grilled Steven Mnuchin the other day about trump going back on his campaign promise to reinstate glass steagal. one of my coworkers was foolishly holding his breath about this; but i am a little better judge of character than he is.

vantexan

Do you have any proof that it helped advance her career or do you have just the normal faux news drivel that you are repeating?
Well I did a little digging. Washington Post article researched Scott Brown's claims that "she checked the box" concerning her applying for jobs while touting she was Native American. Could find no evidence that she physically checked a box. However, she listed herself as a minority in an association of law schools faculty directory from 1986 to 1995. She was given a temporary position at Harvard in 1992 while they were embroiled in a controversy about lack of diversity. They were being sued over it. Right after hiring her they started touting that they had a Native American on faculty. She initially rejected a tenured position there but accepted one in 1995. Shortly after she no longer listed herself as a minority. When asked why she listed herself as a minority she said she wanted to reach out to others like her. The W.P. found that dubious because the listing didn't indicate what kind of minority she was. And all her claims of Cherokee and Delaware heritage are based on family lore, there is no documentation anywhere they could find. For the Scott Brown claim that she checked a box they gave two Pinocchios. But said there was an element of truth in his claims. Said for example Harry Reid claimed Mitt Romney was hiding income overseas to avoid taxes. Gave him 4 Pinocchios for that. So there you have it.

MAKAVELI

Well I did a little digging. Washington Post article researched Scott Brown's claims that "she checked the box" concerning her applying for jobs while touting she was Native American. Could find no evidence that she physically checked a box. However, she listed herself as a minority in an association of law schools faculty directory from 1986 to 1995. She was given a temporary position at Harvard in 1992 while they were embroiled in a controversy about lack of diversity. They were being sued over it. Right after hiring her they started touting that they had a Native American on faculty. She initially rejected a tenured position there but accepted one in 1995. Shortly after she no longer listed herself as a minority. When asked why she listed herself as a minority she said she wanted to reach out to others like her. The W.P. found that dubious because the listing didn't indicate what kind of minority she was. And all her claims of Cherokee and Delaware heritage are based on family lore, there is no documentation anywhere they could find. For the Scott Brown claim that she checked a box they gave two Pinocchios. But said there was an element of truth in his claims. Said for example Harry Reid claimed Mitt Romney was hiding income overseas to avoid taxes. Gave him 4 Pinocchios for that. So there you have it.
So in other words you have no proof. Thanks for playing.

vantexan

So in other words you have no proof. Thanks for playing.
Guess you missed that part where she listed herself as a minority with no proof that she was. And that Harvard used that to try to cast themselves in a better light. And miraculously she was no longer a minority after 1995. Oh, by the way, when she was a faculty member at UT Austin before 1986 she didn't list herself as a minority. Hmmmm, are you even playing?

MAKAVELI

Guess you missed that part where she listed herself as a minority with no proof that she was. And that Harvard used that to try to cast themselves in a better light. And miraculously she was no longer a minority after 1995. Oh, by the way, when she was a faculty member at UT Austin before 1986 she didn't list herself as a minority. Hmmmm, are you even playing?
Do you show proof of your heritage every time you check ethnicity on an application for something?