Elon Musk Exposes the Hatred of Free Speech

Gotta Go

89940242-2F0D-4C20-8F2B-89A00C8D7171.jpeg

Box Ox

And now Elon walks away? Should be interesting to see if the courts allow it.

Should be. Makes sense for Elon to try and back out or get a better price even if it costs him a billion. Elon offered $44 billion for Twitter and its current market cap is $28.13 billion. P/E ratio of 152. Market average ratio is 20-25.

bbsam

Staff member
Should be. Makes sense for Elon to try and back out or get a better price even if it costs him a billion. Elon offered $44 billion for Twitter and its current market cap is $28.13 billion. P/E ratio of 152. Market average ratio is 20-25.
What does that have to do with the legality of backing out of the contract to purchase?

oldngray

nowhere special
Elon offered way more than Twitter is worth but they started playing games to sabotage the deal. I think Elon will win after the lawyers get through fighting because looks like Twitter lied about details to the SEC.

oldngray

nowhere special
I guess we’ll find out. Elon is a Strange Cat, but I wouldn’t trust anything the people running Twitter say. It is a cesspool of lies and manipulation and fraud.
I think Elon's plan all along was to expose Twitter as the cesspool it is. Things will almost certainly end up in a court and discovery will be ugly for Twitter.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Maybe they were. Just pointing out that walking away isn’t necessarily an option simply because he rethought his incredibly high offer.
I thought walking away was always an option it's just there was a billion dollar penalty. I think the left didn't want him to buy it and just wants to see him punished for even trying. He's obviously got a good case to say the agreement is invalid.

He's done a lot of damage to Twitter by exposing their user numbers are a sham. They should be begging him to buy it at this point.

bbsam

Staff member
I thought walking away was always an option it's just there was a billion dollar penalty. I think the left didn't want him to buy it and just wants to see him punished for even trying. He's obviously got a good case to say the agreement is invalid.

He's done a lot of damage to Twitter by exposing their user numbers are a sham. They should be begging him to buy it at this point.
That seems odd to me. I didn’t think buying twitter about exposing twitter. I thought it was about transforming it into something more representative of American discourse.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
That seems odd to me. I didn’t think buying twitter about exposing twitter. I thought it was about transforming it into something more representative of American discourse.
I don't think he did it to expose them.

I think he did make the agreement because he's a user and wanted to make it a more free outlet for discourse.

I think he's also a smart guy and shrewd businessman who doesn't want to overpay based on fraudulent user numbers. Twitter should have been open to renegotiating the terms.

Seems like they're calling each other's bluffs and so here we are.

vantexan

I don't think he did it to expose them.

I think he did make the agreement because he's a user and wanted to make it a more free outlet for discourse.

I think he's also a smart guy and shrewd businessman who doesn't want to overpay based on fraudulent user numbers. Twitter should have been open to renegotiating the terms.

Seems like they're calling each other's bluffs and so here we are.
Shrewd in that if conservatives get a fair shake that will bring in millions of new users.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King

Dave Rubin

@RubinReport

Think about the bot/manipulation/corruption he found out about while doing due diligence. Probably can’t say anything because of non-disclosures. This explains Twitter’s more brazen suspensions and the increased shadowbanning lately. What a :censored2:hole.