Elon Musk Exposes the Hatred of Free Speech

Up In Smoke

Pay them more.
They stay. And are dedicated.
The money and time you spend because of turnover is costing you more.
Capitalism will only allow us to charge so much for our service. Raising prices to cover expenses will ultimately cause net losses and foreclosure from loss of business. Revenue is the driving force in business.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Employees have infinite power. Our small business spends tons of money on training and hardware. We typically don't see a return on those investments for more than a year. Turnover is a killer of small businesses.
I'm not sure if you follow the news on this topic, but he had coders on the payroll literally doing almost nothing. As in writing only a couple lines of code in an entire month.

They did not have infinite power, because they were useless, and got canned.

Up In Smoke

Wages are typically the last line of defense. We have offered other incentives first. Wages are sticky and hard to take away, unlike turkeys.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Wages are typically the last line of defense. We have offered other incentives first. Wages are sticky and hard to take away, unlike turkeys.
We have different business philosophies.
Wages are why people work. More wages are why people leave and work somewhere else.
Take wages away?
This mentality is why you...
spend tons of money on training and hardware. We typically don't see a return on those investments for more than a year. Turnover is a killer of small businesses.

Up In Smoke

PPP. Product, people and process. A dollar of investment must yield $1.13 of revenue or you will fail. All 3 are equally important.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
PPP. Product, people and process. A dollar of investment must yield $1.13 of revenue or you will fail. All 3 are equally important.

It's fine to recite basic business concepts, but a business will also fail when you have 10 times more employees than you need. It will also fail when you defraud advertisers by over reporting the number of legit users you have.

Up In Smoke

It's fine to recite basic business concepts, but a business will also fail when you have 10 times more employees than you need. It will also fail when you defraud advertisers by over reporting the number of legit users you have.
Business ethics are rare. I've been guilty of overstating and inflating the truth.

newfie

i keep hearing of all these twitter employees leaving or getting fired and yet the app seems to work just fine without them

Up In Smoke

i keep hearing of all these twitter employees leaving or getting fired and yet the app seems to work just fine without them
I think it's more about the advertisers leaving, Musk talking bankruptcy and having to charge monthly for the service, while demanding employees sign an agreement to work long hours at high intensity.

newfie

I think it's more about the advertisers leaving, Musk talking bankruptcy and having to charge monthly for the service, while demanding employees sign an agreement to work long hours at high intensity.
it seems they're presently working with little to no intensity. I was watching a video about their working conditions. their lunch room had a wine dispenser works like a soda dispenser just puts out wine. I have never seen one of those until then.
why you would have that at a job is beyond me.

vantexan

it seems they're presently working with little to no intensity. I was watching a video about their working conditions. their lunch room had a wine dispenser works like a soda dispenser just puts out wine. I have never seen one of those until then.
Someone said the other day there were often more people working in their cafeteria than out in the offices.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
My spouse worked in the corporate offices at Miller Brewing. They received free beer & cigarettes at their lunch time when the cart came through.