Elon Musk Exposes the Hatred of Free Speech

newolddude

Making changes to a corrupt organization is always painful.

How is destroying the advertising revenue stream fixing fake account numbers? If Twitter was corrupt why not clean up the fake accounts, give advertisers good numbers and solid demographics and use that as a tool to increase revenue?

Musk set his house of fire to fix a plumbing problem.

vantexan

How is destroying the advertising revenue stream fixing fake account numbers? If Twitter was corrupt why not clean up the fake accounts, give advertisers good numbers and solid demographics and use that as a tool to increase revenue?

Wasn't the problem that Twitter was misrepresenting the number of viewers of the site to beef up revenue? After cleaning out all the bots the real numbers will result in a much lower revenue stream and it will take a very long time just to get back to what Twitter was taking in deceptively, if ever.

newolddude

Wasn't the problem that Twitter was misrepresenting the number of viewers of the site to beef up revenue? After cleaning out all the bots the real numbers will result in a much lower revenue stream and it will take a very long time just to get back to what Twitter was taking in deceptively, if ever.

Then why buy Twitter?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Leftists are pushing the lie that Musk is hurting Twitter.

The fact is user engagement is at all time highs, and he's cut their expenses 75% by getting rid of all the loser lazy left wing employees.

Twitter is doing just fine.
These people are just upset they have to see opinions that contradict their own.

Up In Smoke

There are Twitter bot articles dating back to 2012 and no one seemed to care. Musk opened his mouth and wallet at the wrong time. It's hard to feel bad for the richest man in the world.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
No, not intentionally, that's what declaimers and underwriters are for. I bust the balls of the owner of our favorite steak house because he advertises prime rib and I know it's US select. We have many places that advertise "broasted" chicken, even though it's really a cheaper knock off pressure fryer. Illegal or unethical?

Taco Bell got sued over saying 100% beef when it uses vegetable protein texturizers. I'm fairly certain there are laws against false advertising.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Even with no lost revenue, musk would have laid off the same number of people.

That may be, then the leftists would have something somewhat legitimate to cry about. But you don't take action to hurt a company, then cry about the company taking appropriate actions to protect itself and maintain any level of credibility.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Advertisers left Twitter because Musk monetized the Verified tag the wrong way and allowed spoofing that caused them damage.

That's putting the cart before the horse.

newfie

the guy has more money then we can ever dream of owning. I think I'll armchair quaterback something easier.
Elon will figure it out

Up In Smoke

I know I'll get clobbered for saying this, but what if a company misrepresents the value of their holdings to acquire additional funding or to avoid paying taxes.

vantexan

I know I'll get clobbered for saying this, but what if a company misrepresents the value of their holdings to acquire additional funding or to avoid paying taxes.
Don't companies have to file annual reports and if they're dodging taxes, etc and are caught aren't they subject to serious fines and in some cases their corporate officers are indicted, even imprisoned? Trump's CFO is on the hot seat, the Theranos CEO just got 11 years, and there are plenty more.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

As for the getting extra funding, that is a contractual issue between the lender and the company. If the company overstated its value and didn't meet the terms of the contract, the lender has avenues of recourse. When the company fulfills its end of the bargain, both the lender and company come out ahead, there is no damage.

Now, what do you call it when the state spends four years investigating the company, and this is all it comes up with to pursue charges (which really means they have nothing)? I call it political weaponization of government resources against one of its citizens at the people's expense.

I'm sure whatever tax shelters said citizen took advantage of pale in comparison to the massive waste of resources levied against him just to eliminate him as a threat to the corrupt power structure and as a warning to others what will happen if they challenge the criminal organization known as the Government of the United States.

oldngray

nowhere special
As for the getting extra funding, that is a contractual issue between the lender and the company. If the company overstated its value and didn't meet the terms of the contract, the lender has avenues of recourse. When the company fulfills its end of the bargain, both the lender and company come out ahead, there is no damage.

Now, what do you call it when the state spends four years investigating the company, and this is all it comes up with to pursue charges (which really means they have nothing)? I call it political weaponization of government resources against one of its citizens at the people's expense.

I'm sure whatever tax shelters said citizen took advantage of pale in comparison to the massive waste of resources levied against him just to eliminate him as a threat to the corrupt power structure and as a warning to others what will happen if they challenge the criminal organization known as the Government of the United States.
Its only illegal if it involves Trump in any way.

Up In Smoke

Don't companies have to file annual reports and if they're dodging taxes, etc and are caught aren't they subject to serious fines and in some cases their corporate officers are indicted, even imprisoned? Trump's CFO is on the hot seat, the Theranos CEO just got 11 years, and there are plenty more.
If you're not cheating your not trying.