Embarassing Moments !!

neartom

Was making a delivery , long hallway of offices, somebody stepped out of one and asked if I had a pkg for them. I turned around but continued walking(backwards) while typing name into Diad. Walked right into glass door , smashed it, glass rained down everywhere. Everyone came running out of all the offices to see what the noise was about.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
On a hot summer day I used my Mickey d cup as a urine receptacle. Not unheard of. I put it back and the cup holder and placed the lid back on it. Now came my big mistake I put the straw in it.

About 2 hours later on a day the heat index was triple digits I was thirsty.

I think u all get the point...... Nothing customers saw thank god but still embarrassing cause every time my wife has more than a hand full of drinks she likes to tell the story.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I had one similar to TheKid's but I wouldn't say I was embarrassed per say. I was trying to make small talk with a guy as he signed for a delivery and wouldn't answer a single word I was saying. I gave up and was walking out clarifying the signature as I was informed by another employee, who was laughing while telling me, that the guy who signed was deaf. Well thanks for waiting to tell me, smartass!!

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
Not me, but a friend, made delivery to a trucking company. Figured he'd use the bathroom while there. Well he should have knocked first, as it was a 1 person, bathroom for men & women.
He walked in finding a women truck driver "freshening up", with one leg up on the wash sink.
He quickly left, but got a good enough view to realize she wasn't from brazil, but verrrrry European.

bigblu 2 you

another driver in our center was delivering in the backwoods.knocked on a screen door and suddenly a chimp in a diaper jumps out and screams while trying to open the door.the owner reaches for the door and the driver in fear holds it shut and tells the woman,"mam first put the chimp up".this guys in his sixties and i could write a book on the stuff hes done and seen.i may share some more.he is a magnet for moments,

iruhnman630

I recently did a bunch of college apartments, with signatures at every one, immediately after a bathroom break.

I was about 15 apartments in when I realized my fly was wide open. Classy.

iruhnman630

I was once whistling and calling out 'UPS!' to avoid startling the napping dog by the door, until the tears of grief on the woman's face made me realize he wasn't napping.

I'll admit I shed a tear myself that day. He was one of the good dogs.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I delivered a package recently from the local phone company.
It was a piece of hardware for their Internet service.
Upon making conduct with the consignee, she informed me that it was her "modium".
When she signed, as I was leaving, I told her "hope you feel better".

DougHeffernan

Delivering a cod to a strip club on the same route as my previous embarrassing moment but a few months later. Make a long story short. While waiting on cod one of the dancers comes up behind me wraps her arms around my waist and starts grinding on me asking me you have my package..
What do I say? Ahhhhhhh nothing. Didn't say a damn thing. I was speechless. Lol but as I'm driving away I thought of a lot of things I could have said.. Running joke at establishment.
Problem was they took so long writing checks.. Loved it! Diet Coke please :-)

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
One hot summer day I parked under a shade tree in an empty church parking lot to sort and line up my next 50 resi stops. This was pre-DIAD, so lining up that many stops was about a 10 minute project. I kept an old radio shoved behind the dashboard, it was tuned to a classic 70's station and one of my favorite oldies.."Brandy, Your'e a Fine Girl" by Looking Glass..came on. I love that song and know all the words by heart, so I sang along to it while I sorted. That song ended and an even better one came on.... "Dream Weaver" by Gary Wright.... and I started really belting that baby out. The chorus of the song has the words "DREEEEM WEAVER...WEAVER...WEAVER" sung in a high falsetto tone with echoing synthesized reverb, and I was just hollering and screaming away in the back of the package car like I was drunk off my ass in a karaoke bar. You probably know where this story is going, about 3/4 of the way thru the song I hear someone knocking on the side of the package car, it was a customer standing by the passenger door who was trying his best not to bust up laughing while asking me if I happened to have a package for him. Of course I did, and of course it was a COD, so of course I had no choice but to turn off the radio and stand there in utter humiliation and shame while he wrote out the check and snickered and snorted and fought desperately to keep from laughing out loud at my hideous, screeching attempt at singing. That was the last time I ever sang in the back of the car.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Got caught one time taking a leak behind a tree in a customers driveway. The guy and his wife were driving home and they came around a corner of their driveway (they have 20 acres out in the country) and caught me red handed. They both smiled and laughed and waved as they drove by. Never heard a word about it from either of them. With 20 acres in the woods, I'm pretty sure the guy didnt hike back to the house every time he had to pee either.

MaceFremonti

There used to be a camera/photo shop on my route that had all of their chemicals, photo paper, and supplies sent by UPS because I was always on their block right when they opened at 11:00.

Just inside their front door was a 6 inch step down to the store floor. There was enough room so that you could wheel a flat bed in, square it up and roll it down over the drop into the store. To the left of the front door were five rotating racks of greeting/birthday cards. Every week for 10 years I would load up my flatbed with 25 cases of supplies and wheel it in with no problem. For the most part when people see you with a six foot high stack of boxes on a cart they get out of your way.

On this particular summer day it had started POURING rain from out of nowhere while I was loading up my flatbed. By the time I got to the store's front door I was soaked as well as most of the packages on the flatbed. Inside the shop was packed with people avoiding the sudden monsoon. As I was rolling the flatbed over the drop down a woman tried to squeeze by me to get out of the rain and I had to move it slightly to the side so it wouldn't land on her foot.....once the top started leaning over there was nothing I could do! It fell over, hit the first rack of cards which crashed into the second rack and before I knew it there literally THOUSANDS of cards flying through the air as all five racks, 25 packages, and my flatbed came crashing down in front of about 20 people!

THEN the lady who caused it looked at me and said "Idiot!" and walked out! I offered to stay around and help them clean up but the owner was very understanding and basically said dont worry about it because his employees needed to earn their paychecks for once! LOL

Three weeks later the step down was gone and a nice wide handicap accessible ramp was in its place....:-)

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Got caught one time taking a leak behind a tree in a customers driveway. The guy and his wife were driving home and they came around a corner of their driveway (they have 20 acres out in the country) and caught me red handed. They both smiled and laughed and waved as they drove by. Never heard a word about it from either of them. With 20 acres in the woods, I'm pretty sure the guy didnt hike back to the house every time he had to pee either.

we had a driver almost get fired over a situation like this.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I delivered a car seat to a lady years ago and said "congrats,when is the baby due ? " she replied with I am just fat, it's for my sister's new baby !! oooohps walked back to the car feeling stupid !!

I don't feel so bad now.... for making that same kind of mistake.

S

serenity now

Delivering a cod to a strip club on the same route as my previous embarrassing moment but a few months later. Make a long story short. While waiting on cod one of the dancers comes up behind me wraps her arms around my waist and starts grinding on me asking me you have my package..
What do I say? Ahhhhhhh nothing. Didn't say a damn thing. I was speechless. Lol but as I'm driving away I thought of a lot of things I could have said.. Running joke at establishment.
Problem was they took so long writing checks.. Loved it! Diet Coke please :-)

did you have to adjust at any point?:wink2: