Embarassing Moments !!

gman042

Been around the block a few times

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
This has been a great thread. My only regret is bringing out the big gun too early. I think other people haven't shared their stories cause they cant measure up lol.

Keep them coming people we can't just let this thread die.
So, since you got to see the pastors chubby in its full glory, how do you measure up?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I was delivering to a warehouse store, arms were full, I walked through the door and....BAM! Some genius had parked a forklift RIGHT in front of the door! I walked into the forks which were lifted shin-high. So embarrassing to be crying in front of customers, but when you hit your shin as hard as I did, there is nothing you can do. I had a huge bruise for about 3 months.

over9five

Staff member
I was delivering to a warehouse store, arms were full, I walked through the door and....BAM! Some genius had parked a forklift RIGHT in front of the door! I walked into the forks which were lifted shin-high. So embarrassing to be crying in front of customers, but when you hit your shin as hard as I did, there is nothing you can do. I had a huge bruise for about 3 months.
Workers Comp? I would have got 3 weeks vaca outta that!!!!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I have also done the "I thought I had opened the overhead door higher than that". Only did it once---that usually all that it takes.

No, it did not knock any sense in to me.

iruhnman630

How could I forget this one...my first painful reminder to keep your eyes ahead of your work:

Walking 'briskly' towards the exit door of an office while intently looking at the next stops in my diad....straight into the full size window next to the door. Forehead first, nose second, diad into the teeth. My nose, forehead, and face were sore for two days.

oldngray

nowhere special
One time it was Halloween and a little before the kids went out trick or treating. I was delivering to a house and as a woman signed I saw a little girl behind her and made a comment she was ready for Halloween (because of how her face looked). It wasn't a mask. It was her real face from surgeries. Made me feel incredibly bad.

porkwagon

Pulled up to a house after dark(man and his dog waiting for package). I open bulkhead door and out pops a black lab I had unknowingly picked up at last stop! Lab jumps on his dog and they both run off. Owner looks at me like WTF. I finally catch lab and get him back in truck. Give him package and leave. Yes I took the lab back home. Can't believe he didn't call that in on me. Moral of story... Close bulkhead door at every stop.
Years ago an old guy who delivered a rural route returned to his package car and found a goat in the package compartment chomping on a package.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
My first and most embarrassing moment was right after I started driving. I had a sup on the truck with me. I pulled my hand truck out to deliver a couple of heavy boxes to a resi. I was standing in front of the hand truck (the hand truck was upright) and kinda tossed or let the box drop on the plate of the hand truck. Unfortunately, the plate had ended up with a curve over the years and when I drop the box the hand truck rocked and hit me square between the eyes on the forehead. It hit me so hard that I nearly went to my knees. I learned real quick to lay the handtruck down on the step before loading it. :dissapointed:

Since then I have had a few embarrassing moments, from split out pants to customers catching me in the truck cussing, etc. But I've caught customers doing some embarrassing things to, like walking naked as a jaybird across their yard. LMAO

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Delivering a cod to a strip club on the same route as my previous embarrassing moment but a few months later. Make a long story short. While waiting on cod one of the dancers comes up behind me wraps her arms around my waist and starts grinding on me asking me you have my package..
What do I say? Ahhhhhhh nothing. Didn't say a damn thing. I was speechless. Lol but as I'm driving away I thought of a lot of things I could have said.. Running joke at establishment.
Problem was they took so long writing checks.. Loved it! Diet Coke please :-)

I couldn't help but think of another definition of cod.

tumblr_lia5slIe4b1qz59q6o1_500.jpg