Embassy Attacks

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

And in the meantime, each and every day in the USA hundreds of US citizens are murdered and or shot, by fellow "Christian" Americans.
I would also bet, that even by pro-portion, there are much less muslims in American prisons than that of the general "Christian" population.

Shouldn't you be out selling overpriced hot dogs and beverages using underaged and illegal help?

av8torntn

I'm still trying to understand Romney's initial position. He didn't like the embassy's statement that came out about a crappy video and said the administration should take a tougher stance for our values. He went on to explain that the embassy is the administration. Is he saying then basically that Christopher Steven and the three other patriots that died in service to their nation deserved to die? They are, afterall, "the administration". That is at least tone deaf and at worst simply ignorance of diplomacy.

As bad as Obama has been on foreign policy and you are worried about Romney's position?

bbsam

Staff member
As bad as Obama has been on foreign policy and you are worried about Romney's position?
Not worried. What I said was that I don't understand his position. I might be worried if her were leading in the polls by 12 points, but that's not the case.

bbsam

Staff member
You may have noticed we're having an election. I don't think Romney really believes all the stuff he said, he's just behind in the polls and looking for some traction. He thought he spotted a good opening and took a shot, it just didn't pan out quite like he wanted.
Somebody in Romney's campaign has to have played chess and should have advised the candidate of the folly he was about to engage in. I understand the campaign, but the statement has no depth or substantive thought behind it. Maybe Romney needs to make another statement: "I'm Mitt Romney and I approved this statement as a matter of election year pandering only. Any Romney Administration may or may not hold resemblance to this or any other statement ever made."

bbsam

Staff member
Except to the far-right haters, the vast majority of people in an out of government give Obama and Hillary very high marks on their foreign policy.

av8torntn

Not worried. What I said was that I don't understand his position. I might be worried if her were leading in the polls by 12 points, but that's not the case.

Let's see Obama waged war on Libya without congressional approval, was notified of impending violence at the embassies days in advance, did nothing about it, and you complain about Romney making a statement while Obama was partying in Vegas. Very interesting.

av8torntn

Except to the far-right haters, the vast majority of people in an out of government give Obama and Hillary very high marks on their foreign policy.

It's true the extreme leftists give Obama high marks but I suspect some of them want Americans to die over seas.

bbsam

Staff member
Let's see Obama waged war on Libya without congressional approval, was notified of impending violence at the embassies days in advance, did nothing about it, and you complain about Romney making a statement while Obama was partying in Vegas. Very interesting.
I seem to remember those on the right complaining about "leading from behind" and urging nearly all aout invasion. But I think you are simply refusing to focus on Romney's idiotic statment. That's ok though. There really isn't any defending it.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I seem to remember those on the right complaining about "leading from behind" and urging nearly all aout invasion. But I think you are simply refusing to focus on Romney's idiotic statment. That's ok though. There really isn't any defending it.
Never fear....Obama is "listening to them." I'm sure that's what most Amercans want to hear.....:bsbullf:

av8torntn

Actually the thing is Obama's supporters cannot point to any leadership so they must attack a statement from his opposition. Everybody can see what you guys are doing. It appears desperate.

bbsam

Staff member
Oh my God. That's what you want, Baba? "Mitt the Twitt"er? Foreign policy and all other policy in 140 characters or less? Are you part of the Romney campaign? You do seem to "Fit the Mitt".

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Actually the thing is Obama's supporters cannot point to any leadership so they must attack a statement from his opposition. Everybody can see what you guys are doing. It appears desperate.

The desperation is the excuses YOU and the talking heads have to make for MITT ROMNEY. It matters NOT what you think about Obama, he is leading strongly in the polls and in the swing states. YOU have been attacking OBAMA for 4 years and yet, YOU and the GOP havent layed a scratch on him.

Looks like American doesnt see it YOUR way. The loonies on the right maybe, the rest of America? No way.

Peace

TOS

wkmac

Should it also be pointed out that Romney tweeted about the 4 murders exactly zero times on "his" tweeter account.

And while we're at it, go to the link and then follow to the source linked article at The Blaze. Yeah I know it's Glenn Beck but go read the article because to The Blaze's credit they give facts that suggests that WeasalZippers and Baba are once again not giving all the details.

And I also agree that neither men (Romney/Obama) should be on Tweeter taking something like this viral. Hell, the boobtube is bad enough.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Oh my God. That's what you want, Baba? "Mitt the Twitt"er? Foreign policy and all other policy in 140 characters or less? Are you part of the Romney campaign? You do seem to "Fit the Mitt".

Oh, and your guy and his team never tweet? Presidential candidates never did that, but it's the technology today.

as far as politicians go, anything over 140 characters is a waste of my time.

bbsam

Staff member
Oh, and your guy and his team never tweet? Presidential candidates never did that, but it's the technology today.

as far as politicians go, anything over 140 characters is a waste of my time.
You really don't know what you are talking about here, do you? Go back and look at the WZ column. Seems to suggest that foreign policy should be conveyed the same as pop culture.

moreluck

golden ticket member
You really don't know what you are talking about here, do you? Go back and look at the WZ column. Seems to suggest that foreign policy should be conveyed the same as pop culture.
Yeah, I don't understand, I don't get it, ........Obama mixes foreign policy with Beyonce, Jay Z and others. The enemy could be blowing up America and he'd be partying (fund raising) with his rich Hollywood pals ! He's welcome to hang with them permanently!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Since I don't know anything and I watch some Fox news....apparently I was duped into thinking that the Libyan embassy was stormed and 4 Americans were killed. Glad to hear I was fooled!!